What brand of motor oil for you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brand of motor oil for you like?

I have been waiting years to ask this...

What brand of motor oil do you like?

Me- 1st- Castrol, 2nd Valovine

And I will never use unless its an emergency- Penzoil (based on a wax base that gets into the pores of the metal in the engine)

-Bou
    ARCO
    0.00%
    Castrol
    13.04%
    Penzoil
    0.00%
    Quaker State
    26.09%
    Texaco/havoline
    0.00%
    Valoline
    30.43%
    Other
    30.43%
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 07-14-2006, 09:35 PM.

Valvoline first and then Havoline.

Comment

Mobile 1........

Comment

My new Mustang will get Mobil 1 or Castrol Syntec... my son's Mustang gets Mobil 1. His is the 2001 laser red, mine is the 2006 tungsten gray.

My F150 and wifey's Grand Cherokee get Castrol, as that is the brand my mechanic's shop does their oil changes with.
        Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 07-14-2006, 04:03 PM.
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Damn Gonz,
          I just bought my kid a 2001 Pony in Performance Red to go with the 06 Stallion.

Comment

Great minds think alike....

The 2001 was my son's high school graduation present in 2002. We were planning to go to Europe for a week with him, as he is a big WW2 history buff. September 11th happened, and there was no way that Wifey was getting on a plane for a while, so we bought him the 'Stang instead.

He invested $6K in modifications, a body kit and paint in the last 5 years.

He did get a European trip as a gift for his college graduation, going to London, Rome and Paris.
            ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Most times I use Penzoil. Never heard of the problems mentioned above.
              ------------------------------------
              These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Like it-a lot!

Gonzo-really rate your F150--it and the GMC clones are pretty rare and mucho dinero over here.

PS Forgot the oil thing -drooling over your beast.

Valvoline for me--Honda Odyssey 2.3 V Tec
                Last edited by 2andfrom; 07-14-2006, 06:55 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Mobil 1 synthetic for the Subie and the Impala. Probably going to switch to another brand though....Probably Castrol. Plan on buying a new 4Runner Sport next year or so and will use Castrol synthetic in that too.

Dear Captain, must be nice to have money!
                  "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Originally posted by 2andfrom
                    Gonzo-really rate your F150--it and the GMC clones are pretty rare and mucho dinero over here.

PS Forgot the oil thing -drooling over your beast.

Valvoline for me--Honda Odyssey 2.3 V Tec
                    Would you beleive my 1997 F-150 is almost 10 years old? I bought in September 1996, just a month after the 1997's came out,

Originally posted by DaSharkie
                    Dear Captain, must be nice to have money!
                    Working 3 jobs (The FD, The MFA and my detailing venture) + wifey working full time + no more college tuition payments = toys!
                    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Gonzo --we speak the same language (well sort of) "detailing vehicles" is this when you clean/add accessories/improve vehicles?

As I say," English English" ain't American English!

If your answer is yes--the expression here and as far as I can remember in the UK too-"Valeting service" or Car Grooming

If, as I suspect ,I am right--your "toys" are a very good advert for your business venture!

Next question what cleaning products-please!
                      Last edited by 2andfrom; 07-14-2006, 07:26 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Okay Gonz, here's the cars, but who's photo editor can tell me the numerical address of the house across the street?
                        Last edited by E229Lt; 07-14-2006, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by E229Lt
                          Okay Gonz, here's the cars, but who's photo editor can tell me the numerical address of the house across the street?

I CANT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
                          These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Valvoline, basically because of all the R&D that they put into thier motor oil program; and because they sponser my buddies Nextel Cup car.
                            Last edited by KEEPBACK200FEET; 07-14-2006, 09:28 PM.
                            Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
                            Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Originally posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Comment

Originally posted by 2andfrom
                              Gonzo --we speak the same language (well sort of) "detailing vehicles" is this when you clean/add accessories/improve vehicles?

As I say," English English" ain't American English!

If your answer is yes--the expression here and as far as I can remember in the UK too-"Valeting service" or Car Grooming

If, as I suspect ,I am right--your "toys" are a very good advert for your business venture!

Next question what cleaning products-please!
                              Detailing is the thorough cleaning a vehicle inside and out. I do everything from the paintwork to the interior to cleaning engine compartments.

My cleaning products....

I use cleaners, compounds, clays, polishes and waxes from 3M, Meguiar's Professional and Detailer lines, Mothers, Sonus, the Wax Shop, Liquid Glass, S-100 carnauba wax, CAR products, DuPont and ZEP, just to name a few!

I have all the toys.. a small extractor for cleaning cloth upholstery and carpeting, a wet-dry vacuum cleaner, a Makita rotary polisher, Porter Cable and GEM orbital polishers with a selection of foam cutting, polishing and finishing pads and a Campbell Hausfeld pressure washer.

I use microfiber towels for product removal.

As for products used.. it all depends on the condition of the car and the color of the car. Black cars get synthetic waxes and polishers, as black paintwork and other really darkcolors can reach up to 250 + degrees and carnauba waxes begin to evaporate around 180 Farenheit!

Here are two pics that I took of vehicles that I detailed.. I love reflection shots! This is "moi" reflected in the the passenger side door of a 2006 metallic black Toyota Corrola.

This is a side shot of a friend's 2004 F250 HD. My son's Mustang and my truck can be seen in the garage!

Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 07-15-2006, 08:59 AM.
                              Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X