Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

house lighting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• house lighting

Imagine living next door to this guy during Christmas time

http://media.skoopy.com/vids/vid_00873.wmv
    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

HAHA very creative...I cant imagine his electric bill though...
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Comment

that is friggin COOL!

Comment

That’s one of the most ridiculous lighting displays I’ve ever seen…

I love it.

Has anyone gone into seizures yet?
        Last edited by ffexpCP; 11-21-2005, 07:29 PM.

Comment

That's awesome. You think it's real? Any ideas where this house is?
          MFD Truck 2
          The Workhorse Company

Comment

Very interesting. Who's got the preplan on that?

I like christmas lights as much as the next, but have never been able to feel comfortable with my home wrapped up in wires and bulbs. I just got in trouble today as a matter of fact. "Dad, can we decorate the house with lights this year?" (Hanging my head) " No, I'm sorry kiddos, we can't." AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Dad?

I really like the guy who put those lights up about ten years ago, and just keeps plugging them in year after year. I could not get away with that.

And what is up with those icecycle lights being run up along the gable end?
            There goes the neighborhood.

Comment

That was friggin AWESOME!! Just once....once, I'd like to be that creative. But I'm married...

Who wants to take bets that this guy is a slapper/wacker with a full bar light, deck light, dash light, visor lights, grill lights, and strobes all around?

Comment

Cartman from South Park says it best: "Sweeeeeeeeet!"
                My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                George Mason
                Co-author of the Second Amendment
                during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

I saw that yesterday on another site and WOW. I don't care about his electric bill I just want to watch his meter have siezures, that thing has got to be working overtime.

Comment

They had someone on the news here about a year or two ago who did something similar. They showed how he did it, he had a couple computers controling it, something like they use at concerts to control the lighting. You have to be an expert to do something like that, I don't think they make an instruction booklet for those sorts of things.
                    "In general terms, firefighting isn't always about putting the fire out; its about making sure anything else doesn't catch on fire. What's burned is burned. Once you understand this, your tunnel vision is replaced by effective strategy."

Comment

I'll be willing to bet this guy is a pro. Either a theater tech, computer guy or somthing similar...

I was a theater electrician when I was in high school. I always had a hard time programing the lights to get all fancy like that. I just stuck with the sound board.
                      Last edited by ffexpCP; 11-22-2005, 06:49 PM.

Comment

See what happens when Tim the Tool Man and Clark Griswald get together over the Holidays!

Stay Safe
                        Firedog21
                        I.A.F.F. Proud

Comment

Originally posted by firedog21
                          See what happens when Tim the Tool Man and Clark Griswald get together over the Holidays!

Stay Safe
                          Firedog21
                          I.A.F.F. Proud
                          ROTFLMFAO!!!!
                          September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                          IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                          Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

I love it!

As a kid my father was the Christmas light guy in our neighbourhood. From every peice of the house covered with lights, to Santa and the reindeer on the roof, and a Nativity scene on the front lawn. He always had it all covered.

He hasn't been well enough in many years to keep it up, and I haven't had the guts to take over that tradition.

This guy in the video has the right idea though.
                            Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

Way too much free time.

Anyone else notice how much the front yard changes with the flashing of the lights? towards the bottom of the screen? Real, doubtful. Creative, yes.
                              "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90