• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RspctFrmCalgary
    Forum Member
    • May 2002

Originally posted by AFD368
    65,714500 opps, oops, 65,714,501

Number of computer key strokes and restrokes to keep this thread going this long
    That almost sounds naughty

Originally posted by rhvfd1214
    Wasn't "Fred" the name of the Bassett hound in "Smokey and the Bandit?"
    I'm picturing Fred the Bassett hound as being on Dukes of Hazard.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• RspctFrmCalgary
      Forum Member
      • May 2002

Never mind.

From Wiki:

One the most famous Bassets on television was Flash, the dog owned by Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane in the 1980s TV series The Dukes of Hazzard
      Basset Hounds in films include Fred, the companion of Cledus in the 1977 movie Smokey and the Bandit
      My excuse is I'm fuzzy headed from the birthday "celebration" LOL. :o
      September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
      IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
      Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• batchief99
        MembersZone Subscriber
        • Oct 2004

Is this going to the dogs or are we just stroking the dogs?

Comment

• chrnea
          MembersZone Subscriber
          • Oct 2002

omgosh

I can't believe this thing has been going for nearly 2 years now. This is truly the thread that never dies. I have been so busy with getting my new career going and medic school I seem to have missed the last hundred pages or so. Can anyone sum up the last 50 or so pages for me. I just dont have time to read all the posts. I remember when chickens were really eggs with legs and oreo's and spam reigned supreme. what else has driven this thread for so long.

Originally posted by batchief99
          Is this going to the dogs or are we just stroking the dogs?
          but the real question is
          WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?!
          To those whom much has been given, much shall be required.
          Chickens don't really exist....they are actually eggs with legs!

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
            MembersZone Subscriber
            • Mar 2002

Good thing I'm not a sports fan

Oh wait! I dont have a wife either.
            Attached Files
            If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
              MembersZone Subscriber
              • Mar 2002

Thank God It's (Aloha) Friday
              Pull Up A Lounge Chair And Hear What's New
              Jeanne Cooper, Special to SF Gate

Friday, April 20, 2007

Aloha kakou—howdy, one and all!—to Aloha Friday, a weekly online-only alert to Hawaii happenings. Each Friday, we'll help you plan your Hawaii trip with news of upcoming events, hotel and lodging updates, cultural insights, entertainment and recreation recommendations, and other travel tips.
              Got a Hawaii tip or recommendation of your own? Share it with us. And for more news, plus examples of Polynesian power in the Bay Area, check out the Hawaii Calls column the first Thursday of every month.

Oahu: Jammin', Spammin', and Shaping Up

Tickets are on sale now for the Diamond Head Crater Celebration on May 19, with Earth, Wind and Fire (but hopefully not volcano goddess Pele) headlining the concert inside the crater. Mick Fleetwood's Island Rumours Band will make its world stage premiere, with a lineup including Willie K (popular island recording artist and ex of beloved Hawaiian chanteuse Amy Hanaiali'i Gilliom), Eric Gilliom (Amy's brother) and more. Hawaii's own Yvonne Elliman (Mary Magdalene in "Jesus Christ Superstar") and former Santana/Journey lead singer Gregg Rolie will also perform.

The unique festival—last year's was the first such event inside the crater in nearly 30 years—includes arts and crafts vendors, an ethnic food court and an opening-act showcase from the Polynesian Cultural Center. Tickets ($125 to $175, including parking and a required shuttle) are available at www.ticketmaster.com or (877) 750-4400 (toll-free). For more information, call (808) 735-7000 or visit www.cratercelebration.com.

At the Fifth Annual Waikiki Spam Jam on April 28, you can sample free entertainment and, for a fee, all the Spam you can stomach. It won't be easy to keep up with the locals though: Hawaii consumes more Spam per capita than any other state, or about 7 million cans every year. Kalakaua Avenue in Waikiki will be closed to traffic from 4 to 10 p.m. for the event, with two entertainment stages, vendors selling crafts and Spam-themed items (Spamorabilia anyone?), and a dozen restaurants serving canned-meat creations. But as ye take, so shall ye give: Volunteers will be collecting donations of Spam for the Hawaii Food Bank. For details and recipes, visit www.spamjamhawaii.com.

For those who don't mind sharing their vacation with a couple thousand other fun lovers, the Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu's big kid on the block, recently completed a $55 million renovation of its 1,481 standard guest rooms (that's about $37,000 a room, for the bean counters). Highlights include a 32-inch LCD flat-screen TV, high-speed Internet access, digital-control air-conditioning and an electronic safe large enough to hold a laptop (and on vacation, that's really the best place for it.) The hotel also plans to put you in a Hawaiian mood with a flower lei and tropical drink at check-in, followed by new cultural activities, such as themed Polynesian, paniolo (cowboy) and ukulele nights, the last featuring legendary strummer Kelly Boy DeLima. The Sheraton's new Director of Fun has also come up with a weekly "dive-in" movie by the pool, mechanical shark races and a nightly beachside campfire with S'mores and Hawaiian stories. For room rates and details, visit www.starwoodhotels.com/hawaii.

Big Island: Hula and honu

Like many of the lava rock–fringed resorts on the Big Island's west side, the Outrigger Keauhou Beach Resort and neighboring Kahalu'u Beach Park are great places to see Hawaii's endangered green sea turtles, known as honu, floating close to shore—just give your eyes a minute to detect their almost-camouflaged shells bobbing in the shallow waters. And you can do your part to protect the turtles—once considered a delicacy by Hawaiian diners, and now threatened by the degradation of their habitat—by carefully disposing of your trash (especially plastics) away from the beach. Preservation of local culture is another focus of activity at the Outrigger. Every Monday, visitors can observe classes in traditional Hawaiian dance, chant and language on the grounds—a fitting site, since King Kalakaua, revered for reviving hula in Hawaii, had a summer cottage there. Around 4 p.m. on Mondays, observers are welcome to stretch out on the Royal Garden lawn (to the left of the hotel entrance) and watch as local hula dancers rehearse to the beat of the ipu (gourd drum). At 5:30 (give or take—hey, it's Hawaiian time), the group often moves to the Makai (oceanside) lawn for lessons in Hawaiian chant and language. If you can hear them over the waves, they're doing it right. For information, see www.outriggerkeauhoubeachhotel.com.

If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
                MembersZone Subscriber
                • Mar 2002

Need a new fence? Call this guy! But he only works locally throughout Australia. (wonder if Ian knows him?)
                Attached Files

Comment

• rhvfd1214
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2007

"Spam Jam"....

For some reason, all I can think about is Mustard, tomato, and a slice of American cheese on a toasted Spam sandwich. MMMMM.... A side order of pork rinds (BBQ flavored) and a RC cola.. Has anybody tried the new Bacon Flavored Spam? I saw it in a Wal-Mart grocery aisle, and thought I had found the perfect food, but I was too afraid to try it by myself. (Nobody to call 911 in case of emergency..)

Does anybody like Oreos??
                  I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Comment

• rhvfd1214
                    Forum Member
                    • Jan 2007

Nice picture, Malahat, but I don't think Bob will be welcomed by many guys. Does he have an attractive female assistant to help with the erection? That could help "raise" a number of customers.
                    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Comment

• LEWTFL
                      Forum Member
                      • Feb 2003

I like Oreos very much.

But more important, where is jerrygarcia?

Hope he's alright.

Comment

• chrnea
                        MembersZone Subscriber
                        • Oct 2002

deen on the news

Originally posted by LEWTFL
                        But more important, where is jerrygarcia?

Hope he's alright.
                        I heard was feeling a bit whipped and slightly chilled.

Comment

• chrnea
                          MembersZone Subscriber
                          • Oct 2002

my bad

Thought you were referring to cherry garcia.

Comment

• ChiefReason
                            MembersZone Subscriber
                            • Feb 2001

Today, I wore two socks that didn't match AND I wore brown shoes.
                            So, you're thinking "what's the big deal?"
                            I also wore a BLACK belt.
                            I like livin' on the edge.
                            Buckin' the establishment.
                            Goin' my own way.
                            It's cool; I have my wife's permission.
                            CR
                            Visit www.iacoj.com
                            Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
                            RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

• Dickey
                              MembersZone Subscriber
                              • Feb 2000

Originally posted by ChiefReason
                              Today, I wore two socks that didn't match AND I wore brown shoes.
                              So, you're thinking "what's the big deal?"
                              I also wore a BLACK belt.
                              I like livin' on the edge.
                              Buckin' the establishment.
                              Goin' my own way.
                              It's cool; I have my wife's permission.
                              CR
                              That's ok.....I sometimes wear socks with my sandals....
                              Jason Knecht
                              Firefighter/EMT
                              Township Fire Dept., Inc.
                              Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
                              http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
                              EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

• ChiefReason
                                MembersZone Subscriber
                                • Feb 2001

Originally posted by Dickey
                                That's ok.....I sometimes wear socks with my sandals....
                                Whoa, there Mr. Risky Business.
                                That's living dangerously.
                                Do you re-adjust the sandals to fit with socks or do you just cram them into the sandal without adjusting them?
                                Do you fall over when your feet go numb?
                                I walk like I am wearing clown shoes when that happens to me.
                                I'll bet you don't wear eye protection when you clip your toenails either.
                                CR
                                Visit www.iacoj.com
                                Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
                                RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader