Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Thread killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wwyd

51 pages, 1000+ posts of utter rubbish that will not die. I think this has become a Hazmat problem it is so long. How do you evacuate everyone from this thread to someplace more insightful and thought-provoking?

(and don't forget you must also deal with the environmental waste from the spam and fig newtons).

cheffie

Comment

• Fig Newtons and SPAM?

Please excuse while I go hurl. That just sounds disgusting.
      "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

• Originally posted by DaSharkie
        Fig Newtons and SPAM?

At least they are not two things that you would combine into a sandwich like pickles and peanut butter or something like that NOW THAT is a culinary disaster!
        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaSharkie
          Fig Newtons and SPAM?

You will not find any form of spam or newton within 100 miles of my kitchen. (however, there is a small box of Godiva truffles in my fridge).

There are however, those in this thread that keep bringing new boxes of spam and newtons in.

ps. sorry not sharing my truffles. well. maybe if .... showed up on my doorstep ... I would give him one..
          Last edited by superchef; 09-17-2005, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• If anyone lives near cheffie, it is your moral obligation to go and put as many packs of fig netwons and cans of spam around her garden as possible. There is no 'if' 'and' or 'buts' about it. You will be a lesser person if you dont.
            "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcaldwell
              Congratulations Sher.

I always new you could do it (whatever IT is).

But Gleichen?

Ballzak maybe, but sure as hell not Gleichen
              Why thank you ... and LMFAO about Gleichen, that's why I said "lucky me"! Balzac? Not much better
              September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
              IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
              Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• I'm just so glad I didn't have to grow up in a town that sounded like a rude genital reference.
                Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

• Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
                  At least they are not two things that you would combine into a sandwich like pickles and peanut butter or something like that NOW THAT is a culinary disaster!
                  There is a guy at work that will pull out a can of vegetable soup and Jiff peanut butter.....and Hot Sause.......I will let you ponder on that.
                  YGBSM!
                  Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

If all you have is a hammer, then your problems start to look like nails.

IACOJ
                  Southern Division.

Comment

• Even giving contemplation of how he might combine those is just:
                    Attached Files
                    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

• Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary
                      Why thank you ... and LMFAO about Gleichen, that's why I said "lucky me"! Balzac? Not much better
                      How about Climax, SK?
                      To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PFire23
                        How about Climax, SK?

Its about 500 miles from here, but I can usually get ther in about 10 minutes.
                        SRFD905 - Serving since 1998

*~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

Comment

• Originally posted by rualfire
                          quick one aren't ya??
                          To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

ROTFLMFAO!
                            September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                            IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                            Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Well, if anything can kill this thread, it is talk about sex.
                              At least, with the married ones!
                              10 minutes? You didn't have to romance her!
                              CR
                              Visit www.iacoj.com
                              Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
                              RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

• There is always Conception Bay, in Newfoundland too. A bit far to the East tho.....or its neighbour on the other side of the penninsula, Come By Chance.
                                Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 09-19-2005, 11:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X