Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Thread killer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just heard someone shout "Death to the thread."
    Don't know who it was, the elevator door closed just as I turned to look.
    The thread is tucked into a bed in I SEE YOU which is why it won't die; it's too curious.
    Others will point out that curiosity kills.
    Bookies are laying odds at 50/50 for the thread.
    Film at 11...
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

Comment

How about a little of a run I had yesterday. Normal(?) day, EMS CEU classes in the A.M. in another district, large Anhydrous Ammonia leak in our second alarm district(of course we were at class). Released from class for coverage.

Now it gets strange. I work in a triple house. Six man Heavy Rescue, 3 man Pumper(there were 4 + 1 probie yesterday) and my Tiller(4 + 1 probie). The truck usually gets around 20 EMS calls/year with the other rigs running EMS first.

We beat the ambulance to the scene. Apartment building that you could smell from the street. Rodents and other nasty insects all over the place and about 95 degrees inside. Crap piled waist high, our patient was in the very back room. 'Bill' was laying on his side on a make-shift bed of blankets and pillows on the floor. No initial complaints.......he had a stoma so I had to start lip reading through his silent distressful crying. No feelings anywhere and paralyzed for some reason.

Pulse - 80
      Resp - 28
      BP - unknown(damn probie)
      PERL
      and a very useless ALS crew. They didn't want to touch him or anything in the apt.

At this point the ALS(metro ambulance or MAST) crew was trying to figure out how to extract him from the apt. through all of the crap. As they stood idle, we boarded 'Bill' and moved him to the cot awaiting in the front of the building. The ALS crew was turning to return to the ambulance without touching the patient when I had had enough. I told them to wait a second. I recalled my guys to pick up their equipment for them so that they could have their hands free to actually do their job.

This was a vent for frustration over a very poor ALS unit. There are more parts that I left out or omitted, this was just the high/lowlights.

We're a career department that is BLS only, with the ALS ambulance in private sector funded by the city. Non-profit organization staffed by a for profit company. Things that make you go hmmmm.....

Thread Killer Extraordinaire!

Comment

I get the feeling that your post may kill this thread, so im gonna post before it dies and you become manically depressed foe being the one to kill this thread.
        "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

HMMMPPHH,...... I reckon I might kill again,.... If'n I had to
          Gravity, not just a good idea....
          Its THE LAW!

Sanity is not statistical.

Comment

Well, how big 'a boy are ya?

Comment

NFPA

SAFETY

SEATBELTS

FIRE PREVENTION

TRAINING

(usually threads die at the drop of these words)
              God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
              Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
              Click this to search FH Forums!

Comment

Jerry I work with a couple of KC guys, and they have told their crew that if ever hurt severely to toss them in the cab of the fire truck and take them to the hospital themselves.

They also concede that there are very good(MAST) crews roaming the streets of KC ( and surrounding areas). Trouble is, its a crapshoot on who you get each call.

Be safe !
                I.A.C.O.J. "The Cork"

Comment

I killed a thread back in odd-6 with my bare hands.

But that was a different time then. We were at war, and the thread was Communist.
                  Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by pvfire424
                    Jerry I work with a couple of KC guys, and they have told their crew that if ever hurt severely to toss them in the cab of the fire truck and take them to the hospital themselves.

They also concede that there are very good(MAST) crews roaming the streets of KC ( and surrounding areas). Trouble is, its a crapshoot on who you get each call.

Be safe !
                    There are some very good ALS crews with MAST.

Comment

I just wanted to say ....................Rumpelstiltzkin.

Comment

Re: You Missed Him??...............

Originally posted by hwoods
                        The Fruitcake was here, he posted once, a page or two back.....
                        Geez Harve, I thought you appreciated my posts better than that

I'm off to my Thread Killers support group meeting to sulk
                        Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

Comment

There must be a 12 step program for 'Thread Killers'.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

Except Twinkies and Fig Newtons...

Not in my house.
                            oh yeah forgot.... that would be donuts!!!

Sorry George... the truck guys forced the door so I felt obligated to go through it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FFTrainer

oh yeah forgot.... that would be donuts!!!

Sorry George... the truck guys forced the door so I felt obligated to go through it!!!
                              How the hell did we get from fruitcakes to donuts?
                              PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

Don't say donuts too loud, we'll get a bunch of cops lurking around.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X