Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhvfd1214
    replied
    If you are referring to the posted picture from my last reply, sure, you can use it. It was taken one evening after I had been fishing with my cousin in his Stratos as we were returning back to the boat ramp. It is a view of the sunset as we were going south down the Tenn-Tom Waterway on Aberdeen Lake. I really like the picture, and actually have it as a screen-saver on my cell phone. It does make a good screen saver. Maybe we should copyright it? I'll share the income!

On the otherhand, if you have found a picture of myself, then that would be kind of creepy... Just kidding..

How about a morning sunrise over Columbus, MS.
    Or running between the bridges, I-10, Moss Point, MS..
    The Moss Point Picture is my screen-saver on my lap-top.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Guess What?.................

Originally posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    Look on the bright side, You can have a snow cone anytime you want!!

What exactly constitutes a "Southern Poster?"
    Your photo just became my Screensaver. (With your permission, of course)

Leave a comment:

• firecat1
    replied
    Southern? Hmmmm, since I'm Virginian by birth, anyone South of Arlington would pretty much qualify. However, I've lived in East TN the past 10 years (this time around) so, mostly Southern would mean anyone from "just down the road a piece to.......y'all over yonder".

Leave a comment:

• rhvfd1214
    replied
    Look on the bright side, You can have a snow cone anytime you want!!

What exactly constitutes a "Southern Poster?"
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• firecat1
    replied
    G'bye y'all..........

I'll be moving to Base Borden, Ontario in a couple of weeks. Reckon I'd better get some snowboots from what I've been told.
    I wish I could've met more of the Southern posters while still in TN but.... guess it wasn't meant to be. I'll still be on the boards but this kitten will probably be wearing mittens!

Stay Safe!
    Kim

Leave a comment:

• rhvfd1214
    replied
    What about tractor pulls on TV?

Also, the FLW Outdoors coverage of the Forrest Wood Cup was on this weekend.

Other than that, there isn't much on.

Fishing is a state of mind.

Leave a comment:

• firecat1
    replied
    Originally posted by hwoods View Post
    Why on earth do you subject yourselves to the Crap on TV?? I play outside, as far from the @#$%^&*((*&$#@ TV as I can get. That is, unless something worthwhile like NASCAR or Bassmasters is on.
    *sigh* Unfortunately, Harve, my outside playtime is seriously limited right now. I was injured a couple of months ago by a pt and it resulted in neck damage. The doc says it'll heal but patience, therapy, time and no rock climbing for now. Fishing has also been out, which really sucks. I walk alot but the stupid @#$%^&*((*&$#@ tv and dvd's are what I turn to when I get tired of reading. Hey! The upside is that I've been able to catch up on some educational books I'd been meaning to get to but never seemed to have the time before.

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Why??.............

Why on earth do you subject yourselves to the Crap on TV?? I play outside, as far from the @#$%^&*((*&$#@ TV as I can get. That is, unless something worthwhile like NASCAR or Bassmasters is on.

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Ads urge voting with 'X,' not pee. Elections a major chance to push burgers, baccarat

Misty Harris, Canwest News Service Published: Thursday, October 02, 2008

Public urination, burgers and booze are among the unlikely elements in new marketing efforts that piggyback on election fever on both sides of the border.

MTV Canada launched a bizarre series of TV spots last week that show people peeing on things, with the tagline: "There are other ways to mark your territory. On Oct. 14, vote."

Starting Wednesday, tourism website Vegas.com has introduced Crapshoot 08, an online initiative offering trip discounts, faux U.S. campaign videos and bumper stickers featuring the slogan: "Vegas: Because you need to be drunk to make it through this election."

And, in British Columbia, restaurant Burger Heaven is asking patrons to vote with their stomachs in a "bun-official" burger poll that includes such fare as an Elizabeth May Green party burger -- which, as you might expect, comes with plenty of greens and extra mayo.

"It's been very good for business," says Chris Geib, manager of the New Westminster eatery. "Our regular clientele comes in regardless, but we do have new customers that come in after they've heard spots on the radio, on TV or in newsprint."

As of Monday, the Jack Layton burger -- featuring "lean to the left beef" and "sharp Jack cheese" -- led the pack at 206 votes, followed by patties named after Stephen Harper (133), May (41), Stéphane Dion (30) and Gilles Duceppe (6).

Vegas.com is among the more creative companies of the bunch, with promotional materials that compare election-time "half truths and naked lies" to the fact Sin City is "good with naked," along with the observation that "in Las Vegas, our 'polls' tend to have half-dressed women hanging from them."

Other initiatives include a Burger King campaign that turns its "Have it your way" slogan into an election mantra (haveityourway-08.com), a national "cookie poll" by members of the Retail Bakers Association of America, and a U.S. taco joint that charts the similarities between candidate preference and a person's favourite Mexican food (tastebudpolitics.com).

Quirky Canadian efforts are harder to come by.

"The much shorter duration and unpredictable timing of (Canadian) elections, coupled with the much less glamorous status of our politicians as celebrities, makes them comparatively less attractive -- and available -- as symbols for advertisers," says Shane Gunster, an assistant professor at Simon Fraser University.

Lucas Marco, a political science student at the University of Victoria, wouldn't have it any other way.

"As Canadians, maybe we don't get as involved, but when we do, are we in fact getting more done and debating what's actually relevant? I actually believe this," says Marco.

"I'd rather watch CBC's At Issue panel once a week than listen to the constant barrage of (U.S.) pundits and so-called political experts, as well as Burger King ads, on a nightly basis."

© Times Colonist (Victoria) 2008

Leave a comment:

• firecat1
    replied
    Originally posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    I can't help but get a feeling that there is a Monty Python moment coming .......... Guess I'll have to spend the evening reviewing my VHS tapes......
    I could use some MP 'cause there ain't jack on again tonight.

Leave a comment:

• GFD748
    replied
    Originally posted by firecat1 View Post
    The brass section spent 20 minutes going over the same 5 measures!
    ouch......pass the ear plugs lol.

Leave a comment:

• firecat1
    replied
    The brass section spent 20 minutes going over the same 5 measures!

Leave a comment:

• GFD748
    replied
    Originally posted by firecat1 View Post
    *winces, sighs and puts ear plugs in* The ORHS band needs more practice.
    Are they that bad?????????

Leave a comment:

• firecat1
    replied
    *winces, sighs and puts ear plugs in* The ORHS band needs more practice.

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Maybe its just my "gallows humour" tickling again, but with the current economic events going on around the world, I can't help but get a feeling that there is a Monty Python moment coming to a Financial Institution near you.

Just can't remember if the skit is from Drury Lane, And Now For Something Completely Different or The Policeman's Ball (Amnesty International). Guess I'll have to spend the evening reviewing my VHS tapes......

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X