No announcement yet.

Thread killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around here, I think this is a question which is pretty much on every kids mind this week:
    Attached Files
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• My Christmas shopping is done. Now we wait for a hurricane of paper ripping and "ooohs" and "aahhs" from the flood of energy that is my niece and nephews... Christmas time is here. May each and every one associated with the fire service have peace this holiday. May the call box stay silent, and the only fires be those of comfort and warmth. God Bless!
      I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Comment

• Has everyone recovered enough from Christmas to enjoy the New Year celebrations?

Comment

• Originally posted by firecat1 View Post
          Has everyone recovered enough from Christmas to enjoy the New Year celebrations?
          Yeah I have, what is on the schedule??
          Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

• Don't we need to make a bunch of resolutions we have no intention of keeping.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
              Yeah I have, what is on the schedule??
              NOT shopping!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Miller337 View Post
                Don't we need to make a bunch of resolutions we have no intention of keeping.
                My resolution is...

to not make any resolutions!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by firecat1 View Post
                  My resolution is...

to not make any resolutions!!!
                  I'm with ya.
                  "In general terms, firefighting isn't always about putting the fire out; its about making sure anything else doesn't catch on fire. What's burned is burned. Once you understand this, your tunnel vision is replaced by effective strategy."

Comment

• You weenies. I on the other hand will make one, and stick with it for a few days anyhow.

Regardless of all that here it is. I promise to be kinder to BULL in the coming year. Picking on him isn't very nice and I'm sorry about it.

Comment

• There seems to be an unwritten law of physics around here that when a drunk driver runs off the road, anywhere in our district, sooner or later, a tree will stop the car.. Fortunately, no major injuries, but he will probably not be having a great New Year.

Comment

• Canada's best sniper protects Edmonton's streets
                        By Kris Sims, Parliamentary Bureau

Retired corporal Rob Furlong protected his American brothers by taking out a Taliban fighter from 2,430 metres away. Now the former sniper is protecting the streets of Alberta's capital as a night beat cop.

"I feel that on a much smaller scale, rather than being on the front lines in Afghanistan, I'm back at home, looking after the homefront, still dealing with bad people who bring ill will on innocents," said the soft spoken Furlong, originally from Fogo Island, N.L.

His dad, Cyril, is a marksman himself, and taught Rob how to shoot when he was a wee lad.

"I've wanted to do this since I was a child, and 14 years with the military and the police, I have always had a job where I look to help others."

Furlong is featured in a newly updated book, Ultimate Sniper, written by retired major John Plaster and published by Paladin Press, and appears in the documentary by the same name. Plaster is an icon in the sniper world, and among retired special forces in the U.S. military.

"I carried the original book with me to Afghanistan and got Plaster to sign it," Furlong said, looking at the book on his shelf.

Furlong was a member of the Canadian sharpshooting five-man Special Forces Sniper Cell with 3 P.P.C.L.I., based out CFB Edmonton. The cell was sent to watch the backs of U.S. allies in the mountains of Afghanistan. During one well-documented mission, they spotted Taliban fighters carrying a machine gun up a mountain trail, trying to get above the U.S. forces for an ambush. That's when Furlong took aim.

"That shot that we made that day, we didn't realize what we managed to do."

The bullets used in the .50-calibre McMillan Brothers Tac-50 Rifle were the size of a pop can, and took three seconds to travel the 2.4 km to reach their target.

Furlong was decorated for his efforts by the U.S., but did not receive any similar commendation in Canada.

"I'm not bitter against the army, I loved my career in there," he said back home, where he's settled into his life as an Edmonton cop.

"I still have my dress uniform in my closet. I will never forget it. It means a lot to me," said Furlong. "Policing gives me a little taste of that, but I can be home at night."
                        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

• Happy Friday the 13th!!!

Comment

• Is it my imagination, or are the forums getting harder and harder to use?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
                              Is it my imagination, or are the forums getting harder and harder to use?
                              That would be your imagination trying to tell you something, that was true.

Comment

• Originally posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
                                That would be your imagination trying to tell you something, that was true.
                                Cool. I was thinking my short term memory loss was getting worse.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X