Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah.........

Originally posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    Harve, how's the tractor pulling business? I hope it's better than fishing. I hit a log last week and spun the prop hub on my boat, then found out last night that the prop shaft is running about 1/4 inch out of round after hitting that log. Must be my good luck kicking in. If only I could catch some fish, I'd feel better... Had a tournament that I could have fished today, but woke up sick at my stomach, and decided to take a break. Looking forward to next week, though...

Andy has said that your prop/shaft situation is normal. For whatever reason, the horizontal shaft is the "Weak Link", I guess to protect the Vertical Shaft, etc. Me, I like Jet Drives........

Tractor Pulling is Good right now. We're Third in the Points Standings, and already in for the Nationals at Bowling Green, Ohio in August. See my thread "Enjoyin' Summer" on this page. Only Drawback to Bowling Green right now is an unsettled date for a Bass Tourney on Lake Onidia New York, that could be the same week. Guess I could go to Ohio, then Drive like a Bat out of hell to New York......................
    Last edited by hwoods; 07-04-2009, 12:14 PM.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

• Hey Harve

Do you need to be strong for Tractor Pulling or is it more about technique?

Just asking because we have dug and shoved a Massey Fergusson out of the mud before and it was a long, hard mongrel of a job, doing it for fun seems daft to me.

Inquiring minds need to know.
      Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
      Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
        Hey Harve

Do you need to be strong for Tractor Pulling or is it more about technique?

Just asking because we have dug and shoved a Massey Fergusson out of the mud before and it was a long, hard mongrel of a job, doing it for fun seems daft to me.

Inquiring minds need to know.
        Ian, its kinda like "Pull My Finger".
        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• Originally posted by hwoods View Post
          I just got here. Been Tractor Pulling.......................
          Is that what the kids are calling it now?
          "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• This is for those that remember the old skating days......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PHnRIn74Ag

Comment

• I don't remember the old skating days.

I do remember the painful slams of gravity pulling me hard to concrete.
              I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Comment

• That is why I have always preffered Ice Skating.

After gravity has had its way with you you SLIDE, not STICK.

However, solid objects do appear to be closer than they actually are as you travel towards them at speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
                  That is why I have always preffered Ice Skating.

After gravity has had its way with you you SLIDE, not STICK.

However, solid objects do appear to be closer than they actually are as you travel towards them at speed.
                  I never had any trouble skating.

It's that pesky stoping that I have always had a problem with.
                  "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by MarcusKspn View Post
                    I never had any trouble skating.

It's that pesky stoping that I have always had a problem with.
                    That's what toe stops are for.

Comment

• Toe stops sound painful, too. I've had a few of those at night while attempting to navigate my way to the bathroom in pitch black darkness.

Comment

• Closely followed by jumping up and down on one foot, which is NEVER a good thing with a full bladder.

Comment

• The language can be quite colorful, and loud. There seems to be a direct connection with foul language and pain.

Comment

• Medical experts will tell you it has to do with a release of Endorphins due to swearing out loud which is normally a guilt associate event.

I reckon it is because stubbing your toe Fkin hurts.

Comment

• I like endorphines... Maybe I should cuss more.

MF'rs.. Those GD Medical experts know every Fking thing.

Comment

• I was thinking about this while in BA and hanging upside down with one leg hooked around a chimney stack yesterday morning.

"Why the Fk does new powder coated roofing iron have a silicone coating on it?"

Just add water for a skating rink with more slide than ice.

That was just before the blood filled my brain and reminded me to stop lying down on the job and put the chimney fire out.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X