Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Thread killer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

I readily admit that all you guys have a problem.
    LOL
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

This looks like the start of another 10-pager......
      Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
      Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
      — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Thread Killas Anonymous

I offer these 12 simple steps to posting freedom...

The twelve steps for Thread Killas Anonymous are as follows.

1 We admit that we are powerless over threads -- that our posts have become insignificant.
        2. We have come to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
        3. We have made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of (insert name here) as we understand Him/Her.
        4. We have made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
        5. We have admitted to (insert name here), to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
        6. We are entirely ready to have (insert name here) remove all these defects of character.
        7. We humbly asked Him/Her to remove our shortcomings.
        8. We have made a list of all posts we have killed, and become willing to make amends for them all.
        9. We have made direct amends for such wherever possible, except when to do so would kill a thread or others.
        10. We continue to take personal inventory and when we are wrong promptly admit it.
        11. We will seek through prayer and meditation to improve our Posts, as we understand them, praying only for the knowledge and the power to carry that out.
        12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we shall try to carry this message to thread killas, and to practice these principles in all of our affairs.
        "lo que sea, cuando sea, donde sea"

J. Reeves FF/NREMT

http://www.ev911.org
        http://www.careflite.org
        http://www.standbymedical.com

Comment

Ironic, isn't it? Here we have a thread about killing threads, posted to by people who kill threads, and I'll bet this thing will go on forever...
          Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
          Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

I'll bet this thing will go on forever...

Nothing lasts forever.

Tanker
            I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
            Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

Comment

Originally posted by tanker5117

Nothing lasts forever.

Tanker

Except Twinkies and Fig Newtons...

Be safe y'all!
              IACOJ Animal Control
              Ladder 8
              "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Comment

The psych-ward better be ready for the last one who posts to this thread.

Comment

The psych-ward better be ready for the last one who posts to this thread.

Ummm Dr. I killed the thread !!!

Thanks for the pretty Blue and Pink pills !!!!!!!!!!
                  ******=================
                  ******================
                  ******=================
                  ******================
                  =======================
                  =======================
                  =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Comment

I never would have believed I was around so many murders and killers. I may have to go see a doctor to get over this. I only have one question.

How could you?????
                    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Comment

Three words and I'll kill this thread stone dead.

Lights

Siren

POV

United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladder8

Except Twinkies and Fig Newtons...

Not in my house.
                        PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

Let's not forget "dark suckers".

Pete
                          Pete Sinclair
                          Hartford, MI
                          IACOJ (Retired Division)

Comment

Three words and I'll kill this thread stone dead.
                            Lights
                            Siren
                            POV
                            Now that's a classic! You're in capital form martinm!
                            IACOJ
                            If you are willing to teach;
                            I am willing to learn.

Comment

Any plumbers out there!If so

My poop is your bread and butter!

That's how you kill a tread make fun of a work trade!
                              Last edited by coldfront; 05-23-2005, 07:38 PM.
                              Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

Comment

Was the thread killed
                                or did it commit suicide?

A sort of collapsing under the weight of its words thing.
                                Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                                Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X