Thread killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pvfire424
    So Jerry was that you perched atop one of the ladders last night on the news?

I could see the smoke from the airport, when I left work at 1700.
    No, it wasn't. Our truck was in for repairs and we were in a reserve rescue. We would have been the 4th due truck company if we had our regular apparatus.

I'm certainly not sorry I missed it though. Standing around flypiping in 96 degree heat for 4 hours on a warehouse that had no exposures didn't really seem like any fun to me.

We had a probie assigned to our crew that day that was itching to go. I tried explaining to him the reasons that he didn't want to go there.

We sent the pumper and rescue from our house there. They spent the whole time bouncing from Chief to Chief for orders in full gear and never really did anything. In all, there were 5 flypipes working and numerous other master streams.

Thread Killer Extraordinaire!

Comment

• So who wants to be FIRST?
      I think i saw jerry garcia with his hand held high.
      "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

• The monkey in Indiana Jones at a date, which, much like a fig (same thing?) are supposedly in fig newtons.

Also, while i'm adding my two cents, i'll just throw in the fact that i haven't eaten a twinkie since like 2nd grade but i have a Twinkie jones now.

Comment

• A "Twinkie Jones"...(plants tounge firmliy in cheek)

Is that a distant cousin to Indiana ?
          I.A.C.O.J. "The Cork"

Comment

• Originally posted by pvfire424
            A "Twinkie Jones"...(plants tounge firmliy in cheek)

Is that a distant cousin to Indiana ?
            Yeah...the one that's locked in the basement...No one ever talks about "Twinkie Jones". Suprsingly enough all he is fed is Spam...and in his free time (which he has alot of since he is locked in the basement), he contemplates the effects of dark suckers vs. light givers.
            The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Comment

• light givers?

light giver... isn't that redneck slang for flashlight?
              SRFD905 - Serving since 1998

*~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

Comment

• I think there's a lot of pent-up hostility toward fig newtons.

And speaking of twinkies, anyone ever tried spearing one with a straw and eating just the filling?
                ullrichk
                a.k.a.
                perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Comment

• I've had them deep-fried.

Comment

• I had a deep fried marsbar once. I would recommend it to anyone looking for clogged arteries.
                    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by PattyV
                      I had a deep fried marsbar once. I would recommend it to anyone looking for clogged arteries.
                      I don't think I've ever eaten marsbar, but I think I've stepped in it once.

Comment

• Hey, guess what?

Comment

• what

I WIN!

Comment

• First post on page 30?

Could I be so lucky?

Another meaningless milestone in the thread that wouldn't die...

There is enough text in the past 29 pages, there most be some insightful comments there somewhere.

Sunday afternoon... nothing on TV, no calls to attend, I guess this is as good of a use of my time as anything.

What are you all doing today?

Me.

*~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

Comment

• Made it

Missed it by that much.

*~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

Comment

• Hi...My name is ROOKIELZ...and I'm a thread killer.
                                The evidence is over in the Volunteer forum. It's not my first kill but it is my most recent. Is there a certification program for this sort of thing? I mean, can one specialize in thread killing?
                                IACOJ
                                If you are willing to teach;
                                I am willing to learn.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse