Thread killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    Debit? Donate? Ditch? (as in don't buy) Dallas? Detroit? Denmark?

I realized Christmas was a lot cheaper as a single person, with nobody to impress with my shopping prowess. I have also noted that realationships that developed just before Christmas usually end right after Valentines Day.
    It would seem that my previous choices for companionship desired gifts, but not gab. But don't take my word for it.. I'm just in withdrawals from not fishing.
    I second that on the fishing withdrawal and on the cheaper to be single thing too. He wanted all these expensive things and what did I get? DVDs and cookbooks (already had too many and left most of them with him ). Whatever happened to perfume and warm fuzzy robes?

Comment

• Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Solstice!

Comment

• Yep!!................

Originally posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
        I am through with my Christmas shopping at last. Being a single male, it was fairly hard to come up with ideas for my mom and sister, but I am through(Gift cards are awesome). My favorite part of Christmas shopping is my annual trip to the store to get my friends something. Yep, Mike's Package store is the one stop shop for all my friends and several members of my family! This year I'll be passing out some Crowns, and a few Wild Turkeys. I make sure to get a few to sample myself to ensure that I only give the best quality gifts. Then there is the select few (who will share,) that get the ultimate gift from Mr. Beam, dressed in the Black Label..
        Christmas always gives me that warm feeling down in my gut.

BOY!!................ You got that right!......
        Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
        In memory of
        Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
        Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

• I've tried cookbooks. No matter what temperature or timer setting, they always tasted like burnt paper.. I guess it's just me.

I'm thinking of starting a thread for people like me that post comments only to come back and find that particular thread has died a slow and painful death. It could be a place where the most useless and boring dribble would become the standard that people would strive to post. Does anybody have any good ideas for a name? I might even chair a support group that would aid in the posters feeling of worthlessness.

On second thought, that would probably never work.. Who wants to read a bunch of directionless comments that cover a gamut of ideas that nobody can cohesively piece together? It would be a failure from the very start, doomed to endure a slow painfull death as many a good intentioned thread has done in the past.

"Whatever happened to perfume and warm fuzzy robes?"

So that's what women want!?! Who would have guessed it to be so easy??
          Please don't think I am bitter, because I am far from it, (I am more of in a sarcastic humor..) I just remember an incident when a mutual agreement on Valentine's Day was not to exchange gifts. UNTIL, said "girlfriend" sees my future Brother-in-Law bring my sister a LARGE vase of flowers and balloons. Yeah, it turned into living He11. Live and learn...
          I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Comment

• I'm really just trying to hit 300 posts....

Comment

I'm really just trying to hit 300 posts....
              ....before Christmas. Of course, that will pale in comparison to the people I admire like Chief Woods. Unlike him, I cannot carry on a valid conversation in anything more than trivial threads. However, if anybody needs to know something about fishing, I promise to try to tell most of the truth as long as it doesn't involve locating or catching fish.
              Last edited by rhvfd1214; 12-22-2007, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• What's the importance of the thread count?

Unless you're talking about linen.

Comment

I've tried cookbooks. No matter what temperature or timer setting, they always tasted like burnt paper.. I guess it's just me.

"Whatever happened to perfume and warm fuzzy robes?"

So that's what women want!?! Who would have guessed it to be so easy??
                  Please don't think I am bitter, because I am far from it, (I am more of in a sarcastic humor..) I just remember an incident when a mutual agreement on Valentine's Day was not to exchange gifts. UNTIL, said "girlfriend" sees my future Brother-in-Law bring my sister a LARGE vase of flowers and balloons. Yeah, it turned into living He11. Live and learn...
                  Try a little marinara sauce and parmesan cheese with the cookbooks, it might improve the taste.

Hey! It's not even Christmas Day yet and you bring up Valentine's? Bad rhvfd!
                  (And that should be a nice card and maybe a single carnation or rose---red or pink, depending on circumstances---but it's just another holiday that's way too commercialized).

Comment

• Well............

Originally posted by firecat1 View Post

(And that should be a nice card and maybe a single carnation or rose---red or pink, depending on circumstances---but it's just another holiday that's way too commercialized).

Funny you should mention that. Mrs. Harve has gotten a single Red Rose and a Box of Chocolates and a Card, every Valentine's Day for the past Thirty Three Years............... But then, the honeymoon is still going........
                    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

• Originally posted by hwoods View Post
                      Funny you should mention that. Mrs. Harve has gotten a single Red Rose and a Box of Chocolates and a Card, every Valentine's Day for the past Thirty Three Years............... But then, the honeymoon is still going........
                      Yes, I have noted that. You and the Mrs could well be the envy of every married couple I know.
                      If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• Originally posted by hwoods View Post
                        See, now I am confused..(which is pretty easy when it comes to women..) I was listening to a radio show host talking with some of the women in his station about proper Christmas gifts and etc. to get for the women in his life. They discussed a top ten list of Do Not Get items. Candy was on the list, with the women saying that if they want candy, they would buy some for themselves. They said that flowers were too easy, but the card was a good idea, because it did take some thought.(No to perfume, jewelry, clothes, electronics, and amazingly, money.) Basically, they eliminated everything except for a book or a card. All the "women's lib" stuff has ruined many a good intention from guys like me.. I'm old fashioned in that I like to pay for my date's way throughout the night, and don't mind opening doors for others..

Chief Woods, you truly have one special girl!! Congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by firecat1 View Post

I'm sorry. It's just that Valentine's Day usually is the Past Due date on all the Credit card Bills that I have racked up over past Christmases.
                          Last edited by rhvfd1214; 12-24-2007, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LEWTFL View Post
                            What's the importance of the thread count?

Unless you're talking about linen.
                            I guess there is no importance in Thread Count number on forums. It's just that my high school guidance counselor told me I needed to start setting goals for myself. I figured that 300 posts by Christmas would be something that would be attainable, and then I could set the bar higher for next year.

After all, a life with no goals would be pointless! (that's for all the soccer coaches out there..)

Comment

• Came back to change my post.

ok. it is changed. I'm gone. Bye.
                              Last edited by superchef; 12-24-2007, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Hmmmm.................

Originally posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
                                I cannot carry on a valid conversation in anything more than trivial threads. However, if anybody needs to know something about fishing, I promise to try to tell most of the truth as long as it doesn't involve locating or catching fish.

Let me run this by you............ If one has a good idea (Structure, Currents, etc) where Catfish SHOULD be, but wants a little extra boost, Is it a reasonable tactic to go out a day before fishing and take a few cans of Dog Food, poke some holes in the cans, and drop them upstream from the targeted area?

Several people have said this is great, others say it's marginal, at best. Your thoughts??

I just noticed - You made 300!! with 12 hours to spare........
                                Last edited by hwoods; 12-24-2007, 10:19 PM.
                                In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X