Thread killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Yes It is out in the back paddocks so it is not seen very often.
    lmao that was actually kinda funny
    if there's no firetrucks in heaven, i aint going

Comment

• Email from a Boss:

In case you missed it on 60 Minutes, this is what Andy Rooney thinks about women over 40:

60 Minutes Correspondent Andy Rooney (CBS)

As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all. Here are just a
      few reasons why:

A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask,
      'What are you thinking?' She doesn't care what you think. If a woman
      over 40 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining
      about it. She does something she wants to do, and it's usually more
      interesting. Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming
      match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive
      restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot
      you if they think they can get away with it. Older women are generous
      with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be
      unappreciated. Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess
      your sins to a woman over 40. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a
      woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart. Older women
      are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk
      if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder where you
      stand with her. Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multit ude of
      reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart,
      well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in
      yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year old waitress.
      Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, 'Why buy the cow when
      you can get the milk for free?', here's an update for you. Nowadays 80%
      of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not
      worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!

Andy Rooney is a really smart guy!

Femmes & Fellas, Forward to five fine, fun, fabulous, fancy-free female friends over 40 or who have female friends over 40!
      If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• Old Age, I decided, is a gift.

I am now, probably for the first time in my life, the person I have always wanted to be. Oh, not my body! I sometime despair over my body, the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and the sagging butt. And often I am taken aback by that old person that lives in my mirror (who looks like my mother!), but I don't
        agonize over those things for long.

I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've become more kind to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend.

I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon?

I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60&70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love ... I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set .
        They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important
        things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved

one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and
        understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and

sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore.
        I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day. (If I feel like it)

MAY OUR FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!
        MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE A RAINBOW OF SMILES ON YOUR FACE AND IN YOUR HEART FOREVER AND EVER!

FRIENDS FOREVER!
        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

• From the over-40 set...

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
          Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon? except my other half b!tche$ when I do...

I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60&70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love ... I will. and often do...

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

... I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. it took me long enough to get to this point... I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day. (If I feel like it) so long as it's chocolate

Very well put, Malahat.

Comment

• getting old,it is just life.but some people die before getting old and they do not know many things.but age is just 2 numbers,lol.it does not mean anything for me.it can just help to understand the person you have in front of you, but nothing more.
            "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

Comment

• Hahaahahaaa
              Attached Files

Comment

• Message upon opening web site-

"your password is 10160 days old and therefore it has expired."

I did not know I could expire here.

Hmmmm.
                Last edited by superchef; 10-27-2007, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Piece of mind?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• That's priceless, Rick!!!

Comment

• The great question of why do firefighters have dalmatians !

Good Boy !
                      ******=================
                      ******================
                      ******=================
                      ******================
                      =======================
                      =======================
                      =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Comment

• On Saturday, I turned 55.
                        Just a note to let everyone know that, along with this thread, I am very much ALIVE!
                        CR
                        Visit www.iacoj.com
                        Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
                        RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

• Happy Birthday Art.

Here is one for you....

A bald man with a wooden leg gets invited to a Halloween party.....
                          He doesn't know what costume to wear to hide his head and his leg so he writes to a costume company to explain his problem. A few days later he received a parcel with the following note:

Dear Sir,
                          Please find enclosed a pirate's outfit. The spotted handkerchief willcover your bald head and, with your wooden leg, you will be just right as a pirate.

Very truly yours, Acme Costume Co.

The man thinks this is terrible because they have emphasized his wooden leg and so he writes a letter of complaint. A week goes by and he receives another parcel and a note, which says:

Dear Sir,
                          Please find enclosed a monk's habit. The long robe will cover your wooden leg and, with your bald head, you will really look the part.

Now the man is really upset since they have gone from emphasizing his wooden leg to emphasizing his bald head so again he writes the company another nasty letter of complaint. The next day he gets a small parcel and a note, which reads:

Dear Sir,
                          Please find enclosed a bottle of molasses and a bag of crushed nuts. Pour the molasses over your bald head, pat on crushed nuts, stick your wooden leg up your @ss and go as a caramel apple.

Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                          Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

• I'm glad Kiwi didn't post a picture of that costume....
                            I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Comment

• HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY ART!

WELL DANG! there goes the keyboard again. Pizza bones ALLL OVER IT! Thank you Ian, I truly did need a good laugh in the worst way.
                              Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 11-06-2007, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Huh??...............

Art??................ 55 is a speed limit. But, I'm moving faster than you, I was 66 last Thursday.

Ian, Thanks for the laugh. As we Rednecks say, "Thassagudin".

Rick, Coffee all over the monitor. Again. I need to learn to avoid reading Ian early in the morning. (Yes, 0900 is early, I'm retired.)
                                Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                                In memory of
                                Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                                Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X