Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Thread killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ladder8 View Post
    Chief,

Be careful, or the mods will merge this thread into....

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=94829
    Now that really WOULD stink..............

Comment

• Student raising hand slowly, red faced, in the back of the classroom..... "Teacher, may I be excused? I think I need to go to the bathroom..."

Teacher responds..."No, you can't go right now.."

Student... "WANNA BET!!!"

I always hated having to ask to go to the bathroom. Then there was the whole Hall pass thing. We had a big piece of plywood cut into a square. Where exactly are you supposed to put the pass while doing your business. I didn't want to touch that thing...
      I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Comment

• EEEEEYYYYuuuuucccckkkkkkk

Originally posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
        Student raising hand slowly, red faced, in the back of the classroom..... "Teacher, may I be excused? I think I need to go to the bathroom..."

Teacher responds..."No, you can't go right now.."

Student... "WANNA BET!!!"

I always hated having to ask to go to the bathroom. Then there was the whole Hall pass thing. We had a big piece of plywood cut into a square. Where exactly are you supposed to put the pass while doing your business. I didn't want to touch that thing...
        Now THAT was a memory I thought was buried forever

Comment

• High school.... those were the days...

There was an incident at my high school that was terribly funny, and still brings a chuckle to me. I was not witness to the event, thank God, but the entire school learned about it.
          It seems that during a class in a certain teacher's room, two guys got into a contest of who could "pass gas" the loudest. Let's just say, if you put enough pressure on your intestine, something is bound to come out. Seeing as to what comes out of that part of the anatomy, it wasn't very funny to the janitor or the poor fellow who soiled his pants. I never did hear who was declared the winner... I say, the soiled pants guy won by default. Anybody care to swap seats with him??

Yep, those were the days...

Comment

• And to quote Billy Joel:
            "the good old days weren't always good..................."

Comment

• A cable TV company has two channels of programming that it can offer (at negligible marginal cost) to a large pool of potential customers. Suppose the value (per unit time) of each channel to each potential customer is an independent random variable uniformly distributed on the interval (0,1) and that value is additive (so the value of both channels to the potential customer is the sum of the values of each individual channel). Assume a potential customer will
              buy when the (additional) value is greater than the (additional) price.

1. Suppose the company prices each channel independently. What should it charge for each channel (to maximize revenue) and what will its expected revenue be (per potential customer per unit time)?

2. Suppose the company bundles the channels together so the potential customer has to buy both or neither. What should it charge (to maximize revenue) for the bundle and what will its expected revenue be (per potential customer per unit time)?

Define the consumer surplus to be the difference (assuming it is positive) between what a potential buyer would have been willing to pay for an item and the actual price. If the difference is negative the sale will not take place and the consumer surplus is defined to be 0.

3. What is the consumer surplus (per potential customer per unit time) assuming the cable company prices to maximize revenue for cases 1 and 2 above?
              Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
              Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

• What if???

1.) 1
                2.) 2
                3.) 0

This would be a rough estimate because the variability of the costs versus the expenses and also projected profits due to the ever fluctuating consumer base and changing cost/value perception in the market.

Comment

• I'm thinking of retracting my previous answer and changing it to (c.) but I might be wrong again. If there is anything I am good at, it is being wrong. Do we get extra credit for trying?? May I use a lifeline?? Regis, what do you think? Is Kelly going to have anymore kids? What's for Dinner??

I like Oreos... and vanilla ice cream with a good coating of pancake syrup...

Comment

• Composed by a hard working guy: (NO! Not me )

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes
                    my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, as I work on
                    a rig site or a Fort Mac construction project, I am required to pass a
                    random urine test, with which I have no problem. What I do have a
                    problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to
                    pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a
                    welfare cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them????

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on
                    their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone
                    sit on their arse drinking beer & smoking dope. Could you imagine how
                    much money the provinces would save if people had to pass a urine test
                    to get a public assistance cheque??? Please pass this along if you agree
                    or simply delete if you don't.

Hope you all will pass it along though, because something has to
                    change in this country, and soon!
                    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• Does this thread still have an original post?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Yes It is out in the back paddocks so it is not seen very often.
                        Attached Files
                        Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                        Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

• IS IT DEAD YET? IS IT DEAD YET? IS IT DEAD YET? IS IT DEAD YET?

I'm sorry I dont have the "savy" to work up a squirrel bashing smilie heeheheehe
                          If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
                            Yes It is out in the back paddocks so it is not seen very often.

I was wondering where it went.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan; please report to the forums.
                              Along with your careers, you have a thread to kill.
                              Make up and hot pants are optional.
                              CR
                              Visit www.iacoj.com
                              Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
                              RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

• Or..........
                                Attached Files

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X