No announcement yet.

Thread killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is cured from swimming all its days after this treatment has been done.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

• Well................

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
      Cheffie.

We are on our second batch of the following delicacy. Fortunately there are a few good Salmon farms around the area so the stuff is plentiful.

Cured Salmon.

1 hunk of Salmon fillet with the skin on, sized to suit you (ours are LARGE)

Marinade.

In a glass bowl mix the following

2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard.
      2 Tablespoons Sugar.
      4 Tablespoons coarse Sea Salt.
      2 Tablespoons Gin.

Place the Salmon skin side down in a glass dish (do not use metal as the salt/alcohol mix will wreck it and the fish)

Spread the marinade over the flesh covering every part.

Place fresh dill leaves over the salmon covering all of the flesh thickly so that no pink is left visible (helps with keeping the marinade in place)

turn the fish over so the skin is facing up in the dish.

Wrap glad wrap(cling film) loosely down the inside of the bowl and over the salmon, use two layers.

place a chopping board or another flat dish on top and 3 or four full cans etc to press down on the fish.

Refrigerate for 3 days.

Keeps for 3 or 4 weeks in the fridge (Not bloody likely round here

Made sushi the other night with homemade Cured Salmon, Feta cheese, Avacado and Tomatoe.

Rather tasty it is.

While preparing the dish I have tended to add Lime juice to a glass along with Gin and Lemonade, for Quality Control purposes of course.

No, No, No...............

CATFISH is where it's at. Here's the receipe:

Catch a 10 pound Blue or Channel Cat.

Thouroughly Clean the Fish, including splitting it open along the underside center, and remove the head.

Build a Fire with wood or charcoal, allowing a large pile of hot coals to build up.

Take a piece of Pine Board, mount the Fish on the Board, using nails to hold the two sides of the fish open, and pinned to the Board.

Prop the Board with the Fish on it up in front of the hot coals.

Baste from time to time with Lemon Butter.

Cook in this manner for Three Hours.

Pick up the Board, Remove the Fish and dispose of it. Eat The Board.

Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
      In memory of
      Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
      Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

• deleted by user
        Last edited by superchef; 08-12-2007, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• I would suggest that everybody try the jelly-bean sugar cookies, however, it is best to leave out the flavors that you would not want. Some people don't like the black ones, so leave them out.

For some reason, whenever the subject of sushi comes up, I think about sardines and canned tuna. I tried anchovies ONCE. I nearly passed out from the blood pressure spike from all of the salt..

I had a great queso dip at a Ruby Tuesday restaruant the other day. I wish I had a home recipe for it. I tried Bacon Spam. It is OK. I still recommend the Turkey Spam, slightly baked in the Microwave, and topped with a mild pepperjack cheese, on toasted white bread. Add your favorite mustard to the mix, and call it gourmet.
          I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Comment

• I have often wondered if this thread should have been called "The Dead Posts Society.."

Comment

• deleted by user
              Last edited by superchef; 08-12-2007, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• I have never thought of my eating as being a habit. I am more of a grazing type. If something edible is available, then it will probably get eaten. However, I may be addicted to eating, because I can't seem to stop for more than maybe a day.
                I do have a fondness for Subway sandwiches, and I have really cut back on my fried foods after an episode of a gall bladder blockage, so do not fret, Superchef.. My eating is fine, I reserve the canned foods for special events, like an empty refridgerator and no desire to go for take out.. Perhaps the only thing I really need physicological help with would be my love of Vienna sausages as a snack food. That would be with a touch of Texas Pete's hot sauce.. I do have a fear of lettuce. It doesn't do well in my system. NO LETTUCE..

Comment

• Ok......................

Originally posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
                  I was thinking of washing the livewell on the BassTracker with Clorox..

I found your problem. It's the Boat. You have a BassTrasher, what you really need is a Triton. Say a TR22........ THAT is a Bassboat.....
                  In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

"The uniform is supposed to say something about you. You get it for nothing, but it comes with a history, so do the right thing when you're in it."
                    Battalion Chief Ed Schoales
                    from 'Report from Ground Zero' pg 149
                    I.A.C.O.J. Member

Comment

• deleted by user
                      Last edited by superchef; 08-12-2007, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Wow!! Great!!...........

Originally posted by superchef View Post
                        Someone will have some fresh baked decadent chocolate cookies delivered to him in approximately 2-3 days. You know who you are.
                        Thank You, Thank You. I do hope you're sending them to my Home address, if they go to the Station, the Animals might get them.......
                        In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

• "I found your problem. It's the Boat. You have a BassTrasher, what you really need is a Triton. Say a TR22........ THAT is a Bassboat....."

I cannot help my boating situation. I am limited by budget constraints. However, my little Tracker has been reliable, and a great improvement over the 14foot V-hull that I had way back when.. Of course, it also has been trained to find Bass. This feat took several years of trial and error. Unfortunatley, it also knows how to find crappie, bream, carp, and snakes. In fact, snakes seem drawn to it. As are the occasional stump, tree, and rock. I am looking for a new boat, and have looked at a Triton TR19, a Nitro 482, and ProCraft 192.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
                            "I found your problem. It's the Boat. You have a BassTrasher, what you really need is a Triton. Say a TR22........ THAT is a Bassboat....."

I cannot help my boating situation. I am limited by budget constraints. However, my little Tracker has been reliable, and a great improvement over the 14foot V-hull that I had way back when.. Of course, it also has been trained to find Bass. This feat took several years of trial and error. Unfortunatley, it also knows how to find crappie, bream, carp, and snakes. In fact, snakes seem drawn to it. As are the occasional stump, tree, and rock. I am looking for a new boat, and have looked at a Triton TR19, a Nitro 482, and ProCraft 192.
                            You have budget constraints, how about this, I have a 14 ft. Flat Bottom John boat with trolling motor. I just sneek up on the fish with it and reach in and grab them.

There, that was my first post here that ought to kill it.

T.J.

Comment

• deleted by user
                              Last edited by superchef; 08-12-2007, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• I have sent HotTrotter a message requesting he join this thread and give us his insightfull, erudite, pearls of wisdom.

That should do the job.
                                Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                                Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X