Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Thread killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eeerrrrrr.... AND now, for something completely different: (insert your own comment "Here" >>>>)
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• Are you talking about a man with a tape recorder up his nose? *starts playing music*
      "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
      For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
      Shall be my brother;..." - King Henry V - Shakespeare

Originally posted by Catch22
      It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
      "crispitycrunchitypeanutbuttery t0ast" - DFurtman

Comment

• Or are you talking about the worm or the vermicelli?
        Visit www.iacoj.com
        Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
        RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

• I think my little boat has a bad case of crabs. I went fishing in the Pascagoula River near the Mississippi Gulf Coast this week, and found crab claws ( No, Not Crawfish pinchers..) inside my livewell. I think the bass I had in there must have spread the crabs. Is there a cure?? I was thinking of washing the livewell on the BassTracker with Clorox.. I have some Vienna Sausages left over from my lunch box that I carried while fishing. Should they be sterilized also? The Discovery Channel has a show, "The Deadliest Catch." (Great Show, tougher men than me.. Lots of RESPECT for them..) Should I get a camera crew to follow my boat during it's crabby outings? The deadly part would probably be from the biting knats. Wow, those bloodsuckers are tiny, but painful teeth with wings. Then there were the gators...
          I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Comment

• DEFENCE BULLYING REPORT - RAF Worst of the Three Services

A recent report by the Equal Opportunities Audit Team has found that
            allegations of "a culture of widespread bullying and brutality" within the
            British Forces are, in the most part, unfounded. The audit team, which
            travelled to every Defence establishment across the UK and abroad and
            interviewed staff from all three services, found surprisingly few cases of
            unfair treatment and bullying within the Army and Navy.

When it came to the Airforce, however, the report told a different story.
            Complaints to the EOAT came from a total of 13,555 RAF members, compared
            with three from Navy and just one from Army.

While this statistic is alarming in its own right, it becomes horrific when
            one considers that each complaint represents a sad story of abuse,
            mistreatment and neglect. As one senior RAF officer put it, "Each story is,
            in itself, a sad indictment on the RAF. When taken as a whole, however, they
            demonstrate a reprehensible lack of regard for personnel on the part of RAF
            managers at all levels."

One young pilot told of having to spend two nights in tented accommodation,
            despite the fact that there was an empty five-star hotel just 1km away.

Another said that he had been forced to endure a gruelling fitness test
            every year since he joined in 1997.

One airwoman alleged that she had been overlooked for promotion on numerous
            occasions, simply because she was fat, lazy and stupid.

An aircraftman stated he had been refused permission to wear civilian attire
            to work, despite the fact that his uniform clashed with his eye colour.

Another had been forced to wear uncomfortable safety boots for periods of up
            to eight hours straight.

An RAF clerk could not understand why she had been sent to work in a Joint
            military headquarters, "I have been forced to work for horrid Army people
            who just don't understand what the military is all about. I feel the RAF
            has victimised me by forcing me to do this...I will be seeking
            compensation..."

Shockingly, RAF Senior Ranks are also subject to mistreatment. One SNCO
            Flight Sergeant stated, "I was deeply upset when I was addressed as 'Flight
            Sergeant' by an officer. He knew my name was Robert. It was just
            horrible - I have never been more humiliated in my life." In response a
            senior RAF officer stated, "the officer in question has been moved on...".

A number of personnel complained of having to attend courses that were not
            relevant to their jobs, such as rigorous ground combat courses and drawn-out
            lectures on occupational health and safety. To add insult to injury, a young
            corporal was even ordered to pack up chairs in the classroom after one such
            course.

The huge backlash against treatment of Air Force personnel should provide
            senior officers with a vital clue with regard to the massive retention
            problems experienced by the RAF in recent times. Over the past two years,
            Defence has spent some £19.8 million looking into the issue.

Not all of the Air Force's hierarchy, however, were upset by the
            revelations. Said outgoing Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Sir
            Errol Flynn, KCB CBE DSO ADC BSc(Eng) FRAeS RAF, "I'm delighted with the
            result. I am very happy that our retention problems are due, in the most
            part at least, to something as harmless as bullying. I thought everyone was
            leaving because of me."
            If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

• Redfish leave a fishy smell in landing nets. Brackish water is corrosive to unprotected metal parts on spinnerbaits and crankbaits..

Comment

• Christopher is getting upset with Pauly Walnuts.
                I think someone is going to get whacked.
                And AJ; man, what a basket case. All over a girl.
                CR
                Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiefReason View Post
                  Christopher is getting upset with Pauly Walnuts.
                  I think someone is going to get whacked.
                  And AJ; man, what a basket case. All over a girl.
                  CR
                  "We feel we are at a scale now that we will be able to do that and still have a true community around video.

Peter Neiman, a lawyer for Lawrence, said he had no comment.

2 e-mails, or about 1 percent of all e-mail traffic traced in January, bore evidence of some form of phishing attack. Keep content relevant.

Registration isfree and open to the public.

Before quick-freezing came along, foods were frozen at a fairly slow rate.

"Click fraud is similar to what's been happening with spam . Users are also given a software-based dashboard that provides a view of e-mails that have been blocked.

The strong e-tail numbers contrast more flaccid data that major retailers also released on Thursday.

**Disclaimer: I don't write this stuff.... people just send it to my email.**

Comment

• Suddenly, everything is clear.

Comment

• deleted by user
                      Last edited by superchef; 08-12-2007, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• If you eat a "Dark Chocolate M & M " and a grape flavored jelly bean at the same time, it tastes a lot like a chocolate covered raisin. I am having flashbacks to sugar cookies with jelly beans in the batter.

Comment

• deleted by user
                          Last edited by superchef; 08-12-2007, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Cheffie.

We are on our second batch of the following delicacy. Fortunately there are a few good Salmon farms around the area so the stuff is plentiful.

Cured Salmon.

1 hunk of Salmon fillet with the skin on, sized to suit you (ours are LARGE )

Marinade.

In a glass bowl mix the following

2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard.
                            2 Tablespoons Sugar.
                            4 Tablespoons coarse Sea Salt.
                            2 Tablespoons Gin.

Place the Salmon skin side down in a glass dish (do not use metal as the salt/alcohol mix will wreck it and the fish)

Spread the marinade over the flesh covering every part.

Place fresh dill leaves over the salmon covering all of the flesh thickly so that no pink is left visible (helps with keeping the marinade in place)

turn the fish over so the skin is facing up in the dish.

Wrap glad wrap(cling film) loosely down the inside of the bowl and over the salmon, use two layers.

place a chopping board or another flat dish on top and 3 or four full cans etc to press down on the fish.

Refrigerate for 3 days.

Keeps for 3 or 4 weeks in the fridge (Not bloody likely round here )

Made sushi the other night with homemade Cured Salmon, Feta cheese, Avacado and Tomatoe.

Rather tasty it is.

While preparing the dish I have tended to add Lime juice to a glass along with Gin and Lemonade, for Quality Control purposes of course.
                            Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                            Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
                              Cheffie.

We are on our second batch of the following delicacy. Fortunately there are a few good Salmon farms around the area so the stuff is plentiful.

Cured Salmon.

1 hunk of Salmon fillet with the skin on, sized to suit you (ours are LARGE )

Marinade.

In a glass bowl mix the following

2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard.
                              2 Tablespoons Sugar.
                              4 Tablespoons coarse Sea Salt.
                              2 Tablespoons Gin.

Place the Salmon skin side down in a glass dish (do not use metal as the salt/alcohol mix will wreck it and the fish)

Spread the marinade over the flesh covering every part.

Place fresh dill leaves over the salmon covering all of the flesh thickly so that no pink is left visible (helps with keeping the marinade in place)

turn the fish over so the skin is facing up in the dish.

Wrap glad wrap(cling film) loosely down the inside of the bowl and over the salmon, use two layers.

place a chopping board or another flat dish on top and 3 or four full cans etc to press down on the fish.

Refrigerate for 3 days.

Keeps for 3 or 4 weeks in the fridge (Not bloody likely round here )

Made sushi the other night with homemade Cured Salmon, Feta cheese, Avacado and Tomatoe.

Rather tasty it is.

While preparing the dish I have tended to add Lime juice to a glass along with Gin and Lemonade, for Quality Control purposes of course.
                              Anything with Jorghi's Vidalia Onion Steak on it is just too damned good.
                              Chicken, fish, steak; it doesn't matter. A local guy makes it and sells it.
                              I don't like putting anything on a good steak, but this stuff is addicting.
                              Luzianna Salmon Seasoning is all we use for our Salmon. Great on catfish fillets too.
                              Look at that; we've turned this thread into "Cheffie's Kitchen".
                              Sweet.
                              CR
                              Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

• Kiwi:
                                I noticed that you said "cured salmon".
                                What did the salmon have?
                                Did it go to Mexico for experimental treatment or someone here in the states?
                                CR
                                Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader