No announcement yet.

Thread killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr die! It's going to come back and haunt you forever!

Congrats on your forty one hundredth post.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• THUUUUMMMMPPPP.....thhhuuummmpppp... THUUUUUMMMPPPP.... thuuuummmmpp...

Yep, heartbeat's still going!
      If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
        It will neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr die! It's going to come back and haunt you forever!

Congrats on your forty one hundredth post.

Thanks, didn't even notice that one. You gonna congratulate me on my 4,101st?
        "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

• deleted by user
          Last edited by superchef; 08-12-2007, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Alas, SuperGlue will repair a broken heart, but only the plastic ones, which, in my opinion, aren't worth fixing.
            My experience with the other kind has brought this series of repair procedures:
            Step 1: Cleanse and disinfect the area with copious amounts of Alcohol. (preferrably a smooth bourbon. My favorite being Jim Beam Black Label.)
            Step 2: Bed Rest for at least two days before attempting to associate with unaffected people in public places.
            Step 3: After said rest, go directly to a public eating establishment, and compliment the staff for their service. (This step is crucial to building up immunity to further heartbreaks. It builds a firm self esteem when you can compliment others..) My favorite place would be an unhealthy fast food chain. Try not to sit near the playground.
            Step 4: Communicate with friends and family, address the issues that caused the damage in the first place, and try to change the habits that led to the unfortunate event.
            Step 5: Find an outlet for any remaining frustrations. Destruction of inanimate objects can free up the heart muscles and allow for clairity in the thought process.
            Step 6: Usually by now, I have regressed into steps 1 and 2, therefore, I do not remember how to proceed.. But the time passage would have been sufficient to allow for the heart to function in a limited, but effective capacity.
            I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Comment

• deleted by user
              Last edited by superchef; 08-12-2007, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Just trying to help, superchef. I am a big fan of your postings on this thread. They make me wish I could cook more than the normal "add boiling water and let sit for 3 minutes." I was wondering if you had any ideas on how to prepare a beef brisket?? Maybe something that would have a bold, but sweet taste?
                BTW, my last big heartbreak, I destroyed two air-conditioners and a couch with a crowbar. (A friend of mine wanted to remove the aluminum for recycling. The couch was used for firewood.) No animals were harmed in the above altercation.. We actually found a classring that was stuck in the couch frame from the previous owners. They were happy to get it back.. All was well with the world again.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaSharkie View Post
                  Thanks, didn't even notice that one. You gonna congratulate me on my 4,101st?

hmmmmmmm .... nope
                  September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                  IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                  Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
                    hmmmmmmm .... nope
                    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
                    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Comment

• Gonz:
                      Here's one for you.
                      We hired a new HR Director. His name is John Bassett.
                      I'll start. I have already screwed up and called him "Fred". Yeah; that's right. Fred Bassett from the comic strip. But it didn't stop there. "Dog eat dog world of HR"; "he's thirty-two? He's just a pup."
                      OK; take it from here.
                      CR
                      Visit www.iacoj.com
                      Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
                      RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

• I've been reading the other threads for a while, checking up on some of my posted comments, looking for a great debate to enter into, and have found myself agreeing with most of everything said. Since I have nothing to add to those threads, I had to come here to get my post in for today.
                        Wasn't "Fred" the name of the Bassett hound in "Smokey and the Bandit?" My favorite movie, Fast Cars, Big Trucks, Sally Field (Gidget...sigh...) Jackie Gleason, and lots of vehicular carnage. There was also some Burt guy that at one time was married to that chick from "WKRP in Cincinnatti." Jerry Reed, from fishing with Bill Dance, did some singing and driving too..

CR, I hope your new HR Director will be a true "assett" to the department.

Comment

• I think you are correct.
                          If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• Originally posted by superchef View Post
                            I also found out what was going on this morning so early. It was the 101st commeration of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.

Wow. You San Francisco people are tapped. You celebrate earthquakes?

Comment

65,714500 opps, oops, 65,714,501

Number of computer key strokes and restrokes to keep this thread going this long
                              "The uniform is supposed to say something about you. You get it for nothing, but it comes with a history, so do the right thing when you're in it."
                              Battalion Chief Ed Schoales
                              from 'Report from Ground Zero' pg 149
                              I.A.C.O.J. Member

Comment

• Did you account for backspacing to correct typos?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X