Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FDAIC485
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2006

Someone told me you are not truly a member unless you post in here at least once.
    I believe them bones are me. Some say we are born into the grave. I feel so alone, gonna end up a big ol' pile a them bones

-J. Cantrell

Comment

• rhvfd1214
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2007

I feel sorry for chickens. They are under threat of being eaten from the cradle to the grave.. Oh, but they are tasty, and so good fried. I'm not sure where the fingers come from though. I have never shook a chickens hand. I hear they like to dip snuff, and are plotting to take over the world. Good thing there are Crisco and Martha White... Little Debbie, now she is a great woman.. Her personality is a little cardboard.. ADHD is just a term people use when they can't keep up with what's going on. Turkey Spam is my favorite.
      I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Comment

• ullrichk
        MembersZone Subscriber
        • Jan 2002

Would you like fries with that?
        ullrichk
        a.k.a.
        perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Comment

• GodSendRain
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2005

"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Not lifting weights doesn't kill me, therefore, not lifting weights makes me stronger." - Jack Handy
          "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Comment

• batchief99
            MembersZone Subscriber
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by rhvfd1214
            Little Debbie, .. Her personality is a little cardboard.. .

Not really she's just got a one demensional outlook on life.

Comment

• ChiefReason
              MembersZone Subscriber
              • Feb 2001

My little sister Debbie is NOT little.
              You want to talk chicken? I can prepare it a hundred different ways. But my favorite way is cajun baked. Healthy too!
              Who ya callin' chicken, Chicken?
              CR
              Visit www.iacoj.com
              Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
              RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

• superchef
                MembersZone Subscriber
                • Nov 2001

deleted by user
                Last edited by superchef; 08-12-2007, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• PattyV
                  Forum Member
                  • Apr 2005

G'day everyone.
                  Long time no postie! Cheffie have you ever thought of moving to Australia, getting Australian citizenship, joining the Royal Australian Navy and posting to HMAS CRESWELL so that I can have some food with a bit of flavour to it. The food in the navy is pretty good... it is just really bland because they have to cater for all tastes.
                  I finally got enough leave this easter to warrant coming all the way home so I have been enjoying my family's curries.
                  I was a bit dissappointed with how brief the navy's firefighting training was. I was looking forward to it quite a bit but it was over before it really got started. It was interesting learning the different style that they use.
                  Well I had best go now, I have to catch up some mates.
                  "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
                    MembersZone Subscriber
                    • Mar 2002

Patty, I hear ya on the minimal shipboard firefighting training. Not sure about you guys, but when I went through the Damage Control School, we spent three days. One in the classroom getting the basic theory of "This is Fire".... and another day learning how the B-gear and CHEMOX work, with close confinement work. Crawling through blacked out mazes and such, and the last day was live fire training. That was pretty kuul. But knowing now what I know, I would have told them to Stuff It - the building they had for a trainer was..... ummm..... sub-standard. Ya thats a good word to use. We have a brand new multi-million dollar trainer now all natural gas fitted and layed out like a real ship's engine room. Never seen it, but thats what they tell me.
                    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• batchief99
                      MembersZone Subscriber
                      • Oct 2004

The incentives to fight and quickly extinguish a shipboard fire are just not fully appreciated by landlubbers.

You can usually walk or crawl away from a dry land fire gone bad. But a fire at sea is a whole other story.

So, just how long can you tread water?

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
                        MembersZone Subscriber
                        • Mar 2002

Originally posted by batchief99
                        The incentives to fight and quickly extinguish a shipboard fire are just not fully appreciated by landlubbers.

You can usually walk or crawl away from a dry land fire gone bad. But a fire at sea is a whole other story.

So, just how long can you tread water?
                        Only as long as the air in your CHEMOX lasts. But on a serious note, you are correct Chief, the incentive to kill an onboard fire is pretty high. Secondary to that, where the heck is all that water going, and how fast can we get OUTSIDE the ship? And how fast/how well can we desmoke/ventilate is about 3rd on the list. Casualty evacuation falls in there somewhere - that was my job onboard, mostly.

There is something to be said for what I always refer to as the "#uckoff Factor". As a ground soldier, when things go bad you can kinda sneak away (if that is your decision) and do a little E&E. At sea, you are 100% at the mercy of the Captain and his actions. Once the ship goes into combat you are there for the duration, cuz that first step over the side is a real dang wet one.
                        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

• PattyV
                          Forum Member
                          • Apr 2005

I am not a fan of the all natural gas simulator we have. It doesnt recreate the same heat levels and it has almost no smoke. Some diesel and straw would work better in my opinion.
                          The one challenge I did find interesting was the minimal use of water in containing a fire. No use putting the fire out at the expense of capsizing the ship.
                          As with all things; they are getting a huge upgrade soon but it is too late for me. I will have to wait for my refresher course or my advanced course. They are also upgrading the flood control simulator. It is apparently going to be on hydraulics so it can tilt as the scenario evolves.
                          "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

• LEWTFL
                            Forum Member
                            • Feb 2003

Navy fire training was a long time ago and there was no flooding control simulator, but the fire fighting was fuel oil in a concrete building simulating the fire room and /or engine room.
                            Lots of smoke and heat. PPE? Tuck your trouser legs into your socks, Mark V OBA and lets go get it.

But what I really wanted to discuss was the boneless, skinless chicken mentioned a few posts earlier.....

How do they survive in the wild?

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
                              MembersZone Subscriber
                              • Mar 2002

Originally posted by LEWTFL
                              Navy fire training was a long time ago and there was no flooding control simulator, but the fire fighting was fuel oil in a concrete building simulating the fire room and /or engine room.
                              Lots of smoke and heat. PPE? Tuck your trouser legs into your socks, Mark V OBA and lets go get it.

But what I really wanted to discuss was the boneless, skinless chicken mentioned a few posts earlier.....

How do they survive in the wild?
                              Hahahaa. That sounds ooohhh so familiar. Steel, concrete, diesel/oil mix and ya, "tuck'em in boys".

As for the chicken? They cuddle up to the big bad wolf for warmth and protection, of course.

Comment

• ChiefReason
                                MembersZone Subscriber
                                • Feb 2001

Are you actually discussing firefighting tactics in this thread?
                                This thread has taken on a serious tone.
                                Now it will die.
                                I've seen it a thousand times.
                                Countdown to Death Watch 2007-The Day Thread Killer Died.
                                Singin' "this'll be the day that I die; this'll be the day that I dieeeeeeeeee".
                                Did you write the Book of Love,
                                Do you have faith in God above;
                                If the Bible tells you so....
                                Now, do you believe in rock n roll,
                                Can music save your moral soul and
                                Can you teach me how to dance real slowwwwwww....
                                Everyone!
                                CR
                                Visit www.iacoj.com
                                Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
                                RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse