No announcement yet.

Thread killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What part of spam is even close to anything resembling meat anyway?
    The CAN!
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
      The CAN!
      You can always spot the bachelors. They think the food groups are cans, bags, bottles and boxes ( I believe it was Patty who first admitted it!).
      Last edited by superchef; 11-29-2006, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• What are bags and boxes?

Beer comes in cans or bottles.
        Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
        Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

• That's Silly..........

Originally posted by superchef
          You can always spot the bachelors. They think the food groups are cans, bags, bottles and boxes ( I believe it was Patty who first admitted it!).

Honestly Madam, EVERYONE knows that the 5 main Food Groups are Pizzas, Burgers, Fries, Ice Cream, and Colas.....
          Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
          In memory of
          Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
          Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
            What are bags and boxes?

Beer comes in cans or bottles.
            pizza comes in boxes, fries come in bags.

Everyone know the 5 main Food Groups are Pizzas, Burgers, Fries, Ice Cream, and Colas
            sighs.. I guess that is why you are the Chief and I am the probie (a sort of one still studying one anyway). I have had it wrong all these years.

Comment

• Well, I guess I've had it wrong all along. I always thought the food groups were, Guinness, Baileys, coffee (for the afternoon/evening meals) and breaky was a can of coke with a bag of chips and maybe the occasional Mars bar.
              If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

• Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
                Well, I guess I've had it wrong all along. I always thought the food groups were, Guinness, Baileys, coffee (for the afternoon/evening meals) and breaky was a can of coke with a bag of chips and maybe the occasional Mars bar.

yes but those do come in bottles and bags.

Comment

• I did it. It is finally dead. This thread will never see 2007.
                  Last edited by superchef; 12-03-2006, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by superchef
                    I did it. It is finally dead. This thread will never see 2007.
                    Mmm well now.... could be.....

NAH! Probably not - it will be alive and well all through the "new" year. Just might need a kick start every so often.

Comment

• I can't speak for anyone else, but my own participation in the forums has been limited due to the posting problems that haven't been ironed out yet.

Nice try cheffie, but the thread was only hibernating. Since you've awakened it, it's going to be really hungry.
                      ullrichk
                      a.k.a.
                      perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Comment

• Originally posted by ullrichk
                        Nice try cheffie, but the thread was only hibernating. Since you've awakened it, it's going to be really hungry.

I am having the same posting problems with new threads.

As for this thread being hungry well...

I will be baking some chocolate-cherry muffins, orange-cranberry muffins and some maple-pecan muffins. Since I can't deliver them to the occupants of this thread I will be delivering them to my favorite station here in the city.

If I have time, a gingerbread cake as well. I know firefighters like to work hard and play hard and they need energy for all that play.

Comment

• Since you cannot deliver the real goods across the thread how about a peel and smell?

Comment

• peel and smell

I'll see what I can come up with. Modern technology has not quite advanced that far yet. If some nerd could come up with a way to transmit aroma over the internet, he would make a fortune. As much as porgrammers like to eat, you would think they could have figured it out by now.

Comment

• a new toy

I bought a new cake pan yesterday. It makes little train cakes. : ) Here is a picture of the cakes (from Williams Sonoma). I may just try and make some little train cakes for the guys at the station along with the muffins. The picture is from the website showing what you can do. But the pans have a little engine, caboose and different cars that are on a train. I love new toys.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• THOSE ARE REALLY KUUL On the "scratch 'n sniff" or whatever you want to call it, ya know, with the huge amount that most programmers eat, you'da figured they would have worked out how to send an electronic scratch 'n sniff file by now......

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X