Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
    Victoria is nice at that time of the year
    I would prefer domestic, one plane, one flight and as few security lines as possible. I want to get on a plane, go to sleep and get off at my destination, take a shower, find a Starbucks. and relax.

Canada is on my list of one of these days. But for now domestic is fine as next year will be down under again. Melbourne and maybe if I can afford it a side trip to NZ or Tasmania (even if it is jsut a day trip).

BTW -Shaun and Ian too funny

Comment

• http://www.cruisecompete.com/searchr....php/?limit=10

What about a 4 day cruise?
      September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
      IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
      Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• I've never really been a cruise person Sheri. I like boats (and look forward to another fishing trip in Kiwi-land one of these years). but on a cruise you are a bit trapped. In Sydney, I was in the city one day, the rain forest the next, teh zoo the next, touring wineries.....even in Auckland I was in the city one day. ona boat with Ian the next and catching all the snapper. Now that was a nice afternnon cruise. but beyond that a lengthy cruise has never been one of my vacactions.

But thank you for the link.

Comment

• You've probably already been to these places, but I thought it might work for you because it has everything you said you were looking for (there's probably sailings out of San Diego for 4 days too, for different ports of call). Sail at 5:30pm, Catalina one day, Ensenada the next, and one full day at sea to lounge by the pool. You can do as little as you want or as much as you want LOL. Close to home. No long hours spent flying somewhere and dealing with all that security? More time to sleep

Orrrrrrr

hmmm Vegas?

Reno/Lake Tahoe?

Palm Springs/Palm Desert?

Baja? Go see Sammy?

Puerto Vallarta?

Probably a wide variety of 4 day packages for any of those.
          September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
          IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
          Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• Well, the place I had in mind fell through. But on the bright side, this weekend SF will be a zoo should I need to be cheered up

The highlight of course on Sunday morning with the Dykes on Bikes leading the way down Market Street. Followed by throngs of naked men dancing and prancing their way down Market Street.

Comment

• even better than a parade full of naked men

Someone just gave me a chocolate-coconut cookie. YUMMY. I rarely eat chocolate or sugar so when I do, it is a treat. Chocolate beats naked men everytime.

Comment

• Only in Canada?

Survey reveals dirty secrets in the men's shower. Singing takes back seat to female fantasies

Jim Gibson, Times Colonist Published: Friday, June 23, 2006

It's shocking what Canadian men are up to in the shower, according to a survey by the Dial soap folk. Apparently, it isn't all about becoming squeaky clean in as few minutes as possible

They have fantasies that don't involve out-Michael Buble-ing Michael Buble on stage at a sold-out GM Place in Vancouver. In fact, a mere 16 per cent of Canadian men surveyed even ranked singing as their favourite shower activity.

They have other forms of vocalizing on their minds, which surely need an icy cold shower. Forty per cent said they want company in the shower, if only in their imaginations. Given a choice, twenty-seven per cent fantasized about being alone in a really hot shower with Shania Twain, while 24 per cent picked Pamela Anderson as their favourite Canadian celebrity shower buddy.

Pushy pollsters really turned on the figurative cold water by asking men to pick a male shower partner. Don Cherry ranked the highest, proving Canadian men who shower obviously have a wicked sense of humour.

Those least likely to fantasize in the shower are bar-soap users, according to the survey commissioned by a company promoting new body wash products for men. About twice as many body-wash users fantasize in the shower compared to men using bar soap.

Three times as many B.C. men admitted to fantasizing in the shower as Alberta and Quebec men. What's unclear is if B.C. men's shower fantasies involve sightings at Wreck Beach or plummeting ferry fares and gas pump prices.

However, it isn't all fun and suds for Canadian men in the shower. The survey revealed serious concerns. One in 10 listed too little space in the shower for their stuff as their biggest peeve. However, 27 per cent said running out of hot water was their biggest worry, proving there's nothing like a cold shower to wreck a fantasy.

© Times Colonist (Victoria) 2006
                If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• enquiring minds want to know

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
                  Only in Canada?

Forty per cent said they want company in the shower, if only in their imaginations. Given a choice, twenty-seven per cent fantasized about being alone in a really hot shower with Shania Twain, while 24 per cent picked Pamela Anderson as their favourite Canadian celebrity shower buddy.

Three times as many B.C. men admitted to fantasizing in the shower as Alberta and Quebec men.
                  However, it isn't all fun and suds for Canadian men in the shower. The survey revealed serious concerns. One in 10 listed too little space in the shower for their stuff as their biggest peeve. However, 27 per cent said running out of hot water was their biggest worry, proving there's nothing like a cold shower to wreck a fantasy.

© Times Colonist (Victoria) 2006
                  Given that you are a BC man, are you in the 40%, 27%, 24% and the one in ten or the nine in ten?

Comment

• Weeelll... since I would not choose any of those on the list, I would say 0% and 0 for 10.
                    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

I would say 0% 0 for 10.
                      So this means you prefer to shower alone and everything fits in the shower?
                      Last edited by superchef; 06-23-2006, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• "Your Honor, I'm not at liberty to answer those questions on the grounds of National Security and International Relations."

Comment

"Your Honor, I'm not at liberty to answer those questions on the grounds of National Security and International Relations."

Apparently international relations are conducted in the shower, but I'm not sure how national security is affected. . .
                          ullrichk
                          a.k.a.
                          perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Comment

• Doesn't sound like there is going to be any 'relations' in the shower.

Thread Killer Extraordinaire!

Comment

• Doesn't anyone take baths anymore?
                              Is it just in the movies? A beautiful woman on one end and me on the other.
                              Playing footsy...
                              I gotta go take a cold shower.
                              CR
                              Visit www.iacoj.com
                              Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
                              RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

• "National Security" is all in who you are "relating" with heheheheehee. And who can go wrong with a huge soaker/jet tub?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X