No announcement yet.

Thread killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm one of those that just never caught on to the whole metric thing ... we switched over when I was at just the right age to not have yet learned everything needed about Imperial, so it was really hard to grasp learning the Metric Basically what I'm saying is I don't have a clear understanding of either HAHAHA!

I'll always be 5 feet f'all. I'll always know my weight in pounds only. Temps in Metric mostly though, unless I have to convert for our Yank friends
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• Revised imperial units could have worked. I invented it.

10 inches in a foot, 10 feet in a yard, 1000 yards in a mile.. Every single spedometer, measuring tape, and ruler in the world would have had to change..

The big downfall...Going down the hiway at 20 mph just doesn't SOUND very good.
      SRFD905 - Serving since 1998

*~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

Comment

• Re: Sigh...

Originally posted by rualfire
        Oh well. If you can't beat 'em... Join 'em.

Does anyone have any good firehouse recipies they'd like to share?
        Here's a little twist on chicken ceaser sald. Use Buffalo chicken strips and blue cheesse dressing instead. We do that at least once a month at "the house".
        Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
        RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
        Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Comment

• I once made the mistake of asking my grandfather how the old english money system worked. BIG MISTAKE!

Some Americans got really concerend when i told them that the speed limits on our highways are between 90-110. Then they cottoned on to the fact that we go in km/h.

beer over here is 37.5cL for a stubbie and 75cL for a long neck.
          "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by PattyV

beer over here is 37.5cL for a stubbie and 75cL for a long neck.

You've still got stubbies?

What comes in stubbies? VB?

I haven't seen a stubby here since I was in school.
            Attached Files

*~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

Comment

• OMG I'd forgotten all about those LOL
              September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
              IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
              Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• Red Stripe still comes in a stubbie.
                I thought we were going to kill this thread?
                How are things in Donna Canyon, AZ?
                CR
                Visit www.iacoj.com
                Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
                RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

• (insert musical notes here...)

"... And the cat came back the very next day...."

I don't remember the rest of the song, but it used to play (with associated cartoon) on TV channel 2&7 from Calgary.
                  If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• The only beer we have over here that is truly still a stubbie is VB but we call all bottles around the 375mL mark stubbies now. I suppose its the same as no matter what brand it is you still call 'cling wrap' 'Glad Wrap'.
                    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

• Anyone willing to go back and count how many times this thread has been hijacked?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Attached Files
                        ******=================
                        ******================
                        ******=================
                        ******================
                        =======================
                        =======================
                        =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Comment

• Originally posted by PattyV
                          Anyone willing to go back and count how many times this thread has been hijacked?
                          No, because I like ice cream.

Thread Killer Extraordinaire!

Comment

• I see the wisdom in your thinking, i too like ice cream. I too have not gone back and counted. Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

• Why is that praying boy wearing pj's with little pink hearts?

*~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

Comment

• Because his parents dont love him

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X