Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Thread killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time to feed to thread killers

Luncheon is served.....

Mustard Roasted Chicken

chicken covered with a marinade of dijon mustard, olive oil, thyme, garlic (16 cloves!), and parsley (marinate 4 hours or overnight) then roasted.

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
    fingerling potatoes tossed with fresh thyme and olive oil and roast till tender. Then saute 1/4 cup chopped shallots with olive oil for a few minutes, slice potatoes in half lengthwise and add potatoes to shallots. saute for a few minutes more.

Whisk 3 tbsp sherry wine vinegar with 2 tbsp olive oil to blend. Add to shallots and potatoes and swirl pan till heated and combined.
    serve over a bed of frisee (curly endive) and chopped Italian parsley.

Serve chicken with salad. drizzle with any sauce that may be left.

Last edited by superchef; 03-25-2006, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LEWTFL
      Napoleon Bonaparte the Fourth?

What was on the B side?
      Actually it was Dr Demento

Check out Lime Wire, Dr Demento, They'er Coming to Take Me Away.
      If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• Really?

I hadn't heard that before. Thanks.

Comment

• Nope. Jerry Samuels aka Napoleon XIV ( I was off by X. )

" They're coming to take me away..."

Released 1966. I was young then.

"Remember when you ran away and I got on my knees and begged you not to leave because I'd go berserk? Well, you left me anyhow, and then the days got worse and worse, and now you see I've gone completely out of my mind!..."

They don't write 'em like that anymore.

Now, back to the "B" side.

What was it?

Comment

Nope. Jerry Samuels aka Napoleon XIV ( I was off by X. )

" They're coming to take me away..."

Released 1966. I was young then.

"Remember when you ran away and I got on my knees and begged you not to leave because I'd go berserk? Well, you left me anyhow, and then the days got worse and worse, and now you see I've gone completely out of my mind!..."

They don't write 'em like that anymore.

Now, back to the "B" side.

What was it?
            I tried to google that name and it came up "Blank". Thats when I headed to LimeWire, and found it there. Ok... so I googled Jerry Samuels and got a real hit. And the B side is: "They're Coming to Get Me Again".

I guess they missed the first time? LOL

http://www.turoks.net/Cabana/TheyreC...MeAwayHaHa.htm
            If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

• Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
              Tanker, was that breakfast this morning? LOL

I wish.
              I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
              Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

Comment

• Originally posted by superchef
                [B]
                One more note, Rick, Tanker and rual- **just shakes her head at the thought of all that grease and cholesterol.

I only get to eat like that on the weekend. The rest of the time, its coffee and a bagle for breakfast.

As I enter my mid 30's.... My body seems to be under seige.... fast food makes me feel sick, I can't drink much without feeling bad the next day, my clothes seem to shink if I'm not exersizing regularily (I'm glad its hockey playoffs now. lots of excersize), and I'm starting to get hair growing out of my ears...(yuck).

It feels like my warranty has run out and I'm starting to fall apart.

DAMN you father time!!!
                SRFD905 - Serving since 1998

*~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

Comment

• [QUOTEIt feels like my warranty has run out and I'm starting to fall apart [/QUOTE]

And here I thought you Canadian chaps came with a lifetime waranty.

oops.I did the quote thing wrong again. came back to edit and oh well, I give up. you know who you are.

Comment

• It may not be age causing you problems.

I'm 53 and for lunch yesterday I had a can of warm root beer and a half a bag of double stuff oreos.

I just finished a snack of salsa and chips before dinner.

This is a typical menu.

The hair in the ears is a pain, though.

Comment

It may not be age causing you problems.

I'm 53 and for lunch yesterday I had a can of warm root beer and a half a bag of double stuff oreos.

I just finished a snack of salsa and chips before dinner.

This is a typical menu.

***Ohio is not that far away you know. That is a terrible menu. Don't make me come spank you.***

Comment

• Originally posted by superchef
                        And here I thought you Canadian chaps came with a lifetime waranty.

oops.I did the quote thing wrong again. came back to edit and oh well, I give up. you know who you are.

Heheheh we do have a different warranty.. there are no guarantees though eheheheheheee

Comment

• So what's the next topic for discussion?

Culinary?

Literary?

Or is this done?

Comment

• Oh.. this ain't done by a long shot. How about automotive?

Comment

• XM radio

Anyone using XM radio?

What do you like, dislike...
                              SRFD905 - Serving since 1998

*~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

Comment

• Whatever happened to the four day work week I was promised years ago?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X