No announcement yet.

First The Cops Used Fd Gear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My family and I were headed to a vacation in Williamsburg, VA just after the state of Connecticut legalized the use of radar detectors.

I was driving down I-84 when my Passport went off like a banshee.

The only other vehicle in my line of sight about a mile or so up the road was a tractor mower. The signal faded... and then just over the rise were 5 Connecticut State Police units with a large contingent of cars pulled over. They hid the radar gun on the mower!

I snuck through.....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Remember in another thread I talked about thinking outside the box? This is what I'm talking about.

Masquerading as FF to conduct a high-risk tactical op is wrong. Creative thinking for traffic enforcement and warrant service is great. If you don't want to be involved...pay your fines or don't speed. Simple enough.
      PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

I saw a story on the news a while back about a cop in some town in Fl. who used numerous disguises to catch speeders. At one time he was up in a electric company bucket truck to appear like he was trimming trees around power lines. Another one he had was as a homeless guy sitting beside the road with a will work for food sign only his said something about he was a cop with a radar gun and he just got you. Do whatever it takes has always been one of my mottos.
        After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

Comment

In the little Hick Town were I was born (not the one where I currently reside LOL), during the summer months at one of the main highway junctions, the cops actually post sandwich board signs on the road. The signs tell you straight out that there is a radar stop about 1/4 mile up the road. And yes, I have seen several cars waiting patiently to receive their personalized autograph from the nice RCMP officer.
          Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 10-31-2003, 10:41 AM.
          If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Costumed lawmen bust a Pub's Halloween Spirit (Newark Star Ledger)

The Big Bad Wolf at one tavern's Halloween gathering really blew the house down when the partygoer turned out to be an undercover police officer.

Authorities say detectives in Halloween costumes crashed a party early Saturday at the Post Office Pub in Little Ferry, Bergen County, where police say regulars could buy cocaine almost as easily as they could order drinks.

Hours after the investigators infiltrated the bash at the pub, reinforcements moved in and arrested 18 people.

Those hauled off in handcuffs -- some of them in costume -- included bar owner Steven Vogel, 55, of Fair Lawn, and four of his employees, said Mike Mordaga, chief of detectives for the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office.

Authorities seized roughly 140 small plastic bags of cocaine, a small amount of marijuana, and some Ecstasy. They also seized about $11,000 in cash -- although Mordaga said the buyers may have paid through credit cards.

"It appears they would add a large tip to the tab, which may have been for the drugs," Mordaga said.

During the six-month investigation, Mordaga said, undercover officers bought cocaine inside the bar from Vogel and two other suspects, 42-year-old Joseph Mittemiller and employee Michael Norton, 52, both of Little Ferry.

The multiagency unit "thought that Halloween would be a perfect time" to make the busts, Mordaga said. So, hours before the raid, a group of officers donned Halloween costumes and attended the party.

Other officers went dressed as Little Red Riding Hood and the Grim Reaper.

Those arrested were charged with offenses ranging from distribution of cocaine to possession of marijuana. Some were charged with being under the influence of cocaine.
            Last edited by GeorgeWendtCFI; 11-03-2003, 08:57 AM.
            PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X