First The Cops Used Fd Gear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First The Cops Used Fd Gear...

Now they impersonate The Pizza Dude. What will they think of next?

Undercover Cop Delivers Pizza, Arrests Man

POSTED: 2:07 p.m. EST October 28, 2003
    UPDATED: 3:17 p.m. EST October 28, 2003

SAN ANTONIO -- An undercover San Antonio police officer and management of a pizza company recently cooked up a special delivery for a suspected hungry thief.

A man called Little Caesars Pizza and ordered three large pizzas with extra toppings.

The man ended the call by saying "Please hurry up and deliver it, and there's a big, fat tip in it for you," John Steinberg, of Little Caesars Pizza, said.

Employees started preparing the order when another phone call came in.

It was the owner of the credit card that was used in the order. The problem was, the credit card owner didn't order the pizza.

"When he went to report his credit card stolen, he called his credit card company, and they told him it was currently being used at a local pizza place," said Sgt. Martin Landgraf, of the San Antonio Police Department Forgery Unit.

Police then arrived at the pizza restaurant and started putting the ingredients together for what was to be a special delivery.

Little Caesars provided a company uniform for a police officer to use along with a delivery bag and empty pizza boxes.

The disguised officer went to the suspected hungry thief's apartment and knocked on his front door.

Seconds after Ernest Mascorro, 20, signed the receipt, he was arrested for alleged credit card abuse.

Police said Mascorro allegedly stole the card from a neighbor's car.

Steinberg said he was glad the arrest order was served well done, since businesses often have to eat the cost of credit card fraud.

"It's about time we were able to catch somebody fraudulently using a credit card," Steinberg said.

Copyright 2003 by ClickOnDetroit.com.

ON the other hand, well done on the bust; no one got hurt. Still I am wondering what the Cops with come up with next though.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

I heard about this on the morning syndicated radio show ! Nuts aint it ? but they are crushing crime !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Still I am wondering what the Cops with come up with next though.

DING DONG Avon calling

I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
      Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

Comment

... or Ed Mcmahon coming to the door with a million dollar cheque... and a warrant for your arrest...

"No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Comment

I would personally try a "Land Shark". Nah, most of you are too young.
          PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

Originally posted by tanker5117

DING DONG Avon calling

ROFLMAO!!!!!! That was just too priceless. And 26 has a pretty good thought line too.
            If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

George, are you referring to the old Saturday Night Live skit? It would keep the court caledar clear. Yeah, I'm that old too

Comment

Try This......

Maryland State Police have been using a borrowed Cable TV bucket truck as a hiding place for a Trooper with a Radar Gun. They park on the side of the road, put the bucket up to a pole, and the cop with the Speedgun crouches in wait......... (Story in The Baltimore Sun newspaper) Stay Safe....
                Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                In memory of
                Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by flathead
                  George, are you referring to the old Saturday Night Live skit? It would keep the court caledar clear. Yeah, I'm that old too
                  Yup, that's it. Candygram!

Comment

Why not just run a spot on the radio....

"Would the following crimi.... I mean contestants, come down the police station in the next 30 minutes to claim your grand prize..."

"No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Comment

That's funny Ja, but really not so far fetched. If I'm remembering correctly there was a PD in the states somewhere that used a scheme just like that to nab delinquent speeders; those who hadn't paid tickets. I just can't remember where it was, maybe someone elses memory is better than mine.
                      To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter26
                        Why not just run a spot on the radio....

"Would the following crimi.... I mean contestants, come down the police station in the next 30 minutes to claim your grand prize..."

We've done similar things. It works every time.

Comment

Some Ain't so funny.........

Hope none of them pull the trick that Paul Newman used in "Fort Apache" - The cops set a trashcan on fire in a apartment building, pulled the alarm, and grabbed the crook when he ran out.....
                          Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                          In memory of
                          Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                          Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Re: Some Ain't so funny.........

Originally posted by hwoods
                            Hope none of them pull the trick that Paul Newman used in "Fort Apache" - The cops set a trashcan on fire in a apartment building, pulled the alarm, and grabbed the crook when he ran out.....
                            No. That one is over the top. I have, however, hung a suspect or two over the edge of the roof....

Comment

Webster, MA for all their dysfunctionality did run a cool sting like that -- you reported to a local banquet facility on their lake to claim a prize.

They brought in a dispatcher from out near Boston so the locals wouldn't recognize the guy "registering" them was actually running a final computer check to make sure the warrant was still outstanding.

In the next door, put in cuffs, and down to a pontoon boat. Pontoon boat hauled the prisoners to the police station so other winners arriving wouldn't get suspicious seeing cruisers leaving...
                              IACOJ Canine Officer
                              20/50

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...