I Vaguely Remember This Incident??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Vaguely Remember This Incident??

Does anyone from the region have anything further to add? Seems to me there is something missing on this one.

Oct 24, 2:55 PM EDT Man Found Innocent in Bonfire Explosion

PERRYVILLE, Mo. (AP) -- A man accused of throwing a five-gallon container of gasoline onto a bonfire during a party has been found innocent of causing an explosion that burned 14 people.

The jury took less than an hour to reach the verdict Thursday in the assault trial of Jerry Self Jr., 23.

"It's very frustrating," prosecutor Morley Swingle said. "I don't feel justice has been reached."

The explosion happened as about 100 young people held a party Jan. 17 near Cape Girardeau.

Partygoers were knocked off their feet by the blast. Some were engulfed in flames. Several victims rolled in the snow to put out their burning clothes and hair.

The victims, mostly in their late teens, suffered severe burns.

Defense attorney Wayne Keller said the jury probably found the key witnesses hard to believe after he pointed out inconsistencies in their stories. Thirty witnesses took the stand during the two-day trial.

Copyright 2003 Associated Press. All rights reserved.
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 10-24-2003, 04:00 PM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Defense attorney Wayne Keller said the jury probably found the key witnesses hard to believe after he pointed out inconsistencies in their stories. Thirty witnesses took the stand during the two-day trial.
    This is why you guys can't get too mad at Moron. There is one in every town.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

In my little redneck town in Northern Ontario, bush fires were a common occurance and a few morons used to throw shotgun shells and .22 cal rounds on the fire. You never saw 50 kids scatter so quick.
      Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

Like I said in another thread...to bad stupidity is not a crime.

Comment

The one I remember was the college kid who tossed the empty keg on a bonfire, the resulting detonation of which killed him.......

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X