No announcement yet.

Snow!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Snow here on the river but it sure was windy and cold...Thanks Canada....lol

Comment

Well, when the rain isn't messing with us, we have been making up a literal storm of snow. Now that the rain has turned to snow again and cool temps in the forecast, we should be skiing in a week or two.

http://www.panoramaresort.com/winter/index.html

Bring it on!
      Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by Dalmatian90
        ...Warmer, moisture laden southern air like we're getting starts to skirt cold Canadian air...we start to do our imitiation of Buffalo
        If things hold the way they are right now, we may not see too much snow this year in the Buffalo area. Some models have predicted the lakes, which are responsible for much of the snow we get here, are expected to freeze over earlier than usual. However, the Farmers Almanac is predicting a rough winter. I guess that could mean it will be really cold, or really snowy, or both.

And for the record we did see some precipitation of the solid variety yesterday. No accumulation though. Still too early for that.
        Last edited by Lewiston2Capt; 10-24-2003, 02:17 PM.
        Shawn M. Cecula
        Firefighter
        IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

From Maine with love

Keep you're snow please or we will be forced to return it C.O.D., we have had some pretty nasty snowy days, nothing stuck which is good because i don't think i want to shovel yet. Though there is talk about more rain and snow Sunday through Thursday and most likely on further into next week. the ground has all but froze so heavy flooding is expected, on the bright side the leaves look great, to all my northern brothers hang on tight we are in for a hell of a winter. If anyone loves snow, we have a cup of hot coco and a shovel waiting for you dig in, and throw on those chains :0
          "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon
          “It’s like Lego’s for firefighters.” Robert James III talking about hose appliances.
          "Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other!"

Comment

It cant snow yet, I havent put the snow thrower on the tractor yet!
            Shawn M. Cecula
            Firefighter
            IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse