Some Deep Thoughts From The Bath Tub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Deep Thoughts From The Bath Tub

Ya ok so I was in the tub, reading articles on Canadian Military History, specifically during the Confederation/US Civil War period when I had a thought.

I don't know why this train of thought came around, but it deals with the more or less generally accepted litigious nature of American citizens in geneneral. I am not trying to start a pushing match here, in fact quite the opposite and no offence is offered or desired.

Most everyone here knows that I serve in the Canuck military and have done out of country duty, so the main focus of my point will in that direction.

While most Westerners generally accept that Americans will sue almost anyone for any reason, the example of the "gentleman" trying to sue Coca-cola because of a leaky pop can is just one. What is not known is that this is not strictly an "American pastime" as perhaps some might like to belive.

I specifically refer to those of Middle Eastern heritage. I spent 6 months in Cyprus, dealing with Greeks and Turks. In and of themselves, they are great people and I had a lot of fun working with them. However, as a United Nations Peacekeeper, I found that there were times when they could be quite difficult to work with.

Take example, an armoured vehicle doing a patrol through the Buffer Zone, and it runs over a chicken. In most places, while that might not be a real great day for the farmer, he will usually accept it as a loss and move on. Not so the Turk or Greek farmer. He will lament the loss of his chicken to the patrol commander, and then on to the Troop commander, and so on until his complaints are heard by the Regimental CO and sometimes even as high as the Force Commander. I know this for a fact. My primary job was in the Joint Operations Centre, and we heard the complaints first. We also saw the bills that came in for the loss of said chicken too.

The charges that were laid against the Force in general could be quite substantial based on the relative age and productivity of the chicken. Not only did we pay for the current replacement value, but we also paid for how much revenue that particular chicken might have made with egg sales, how many offspring it might have produced, and an approximate value for the lost revenues of that offspring. The bills that came in were sometimes astronomical in comparison to the basic replacement value of the animal itself. I never did figure out why this was, other than perhaps it was an easy way to make money off Foreigners. I even saw a renumeration for running over a dog, although UN troops had special license to hunt feral dogs to control rabies.

So the next time someone says he/she is going to sue you for some percieved wrong doing, ask how old the chicken was, and is it still producing eggs?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Water temp is a little high...check the heater.

Dave

Comment

?????????????

Sampling the bathtub GIN again?
      Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
      Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
      On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

Now, leave the poor guy alone. I do some of my greatest thinking in the bathroom, though not necessarily in the tub.

I must admit, however, I am little dismayed that he's thinking about chickens while bathing......

Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

There could be worse things ..... like hotmonkeychicks or sheep
          September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
          IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
          Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Jay
            I am little dismayed that he's thinking about chickens while bathing......
            I am a little dismayed as well . Did your rubber ducky run away 27?

Comment

Hey!

Hey, where's Josh with his chicken dance?!

Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

CHICKEN DANCE????? **WAVING HANDS IN THE AIR** NNNOOOO NOT THE CHICKEN DANCE AGAIN!!!!
                If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

Malahat, get out of the tub now, you are killing brain cells.
                  No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Comment

And here I thought it was just my hands turning pink and wrinkley LOL

**And 985, you are correct, Idiots don't die, they just "reproduce".** (Unfortunately )

Comment

rubber duckie has been spotted

hey 27 guess what!

Your rubber duckie flew south for the winter. With all those thoughts of chickens in the bath, he got scared.

Question for the day;
                      What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X