• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "If you didn't have a Coke habit...this wouldn't have happened!"

Ah yes...another far fetched lawsuit.

Florida man sues Colorado company, Coke because of leaking can

(Boulder, Colorado-AP) -- A Florida man has filed a 600-thousand
    dollar lawsuit against a Colorado company and Coke, claiming that a
    leaking Diet Coke can ruined his inventions.
    The suit named Broomfield-based Ball Corporation, maker of
    beverage containers, and Coca-Cola Enterprises.
    Arthur Kaufman says an unopened aluminum can -- made by Ball and
    filled with caffeine-free Diet Coke -- leaked in a closet two years
    ago.
    He says that badly damaged tens of thousands of dollars' worth
    of technological inventions.
    Both companies say the suit lacks merit. Coca-Cola Enterprises
    says Ball has been a reliable supplier for years.
    A jury trial is scheduled for January Fifth. A meeting with a
    mediator is set for next month.

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

People will sue each other over damn near anything ...... it just amazes me

Two years ago you put the coke in the closet THEN you put your "inventions" in the same closet, and what ...... left them unchecked for that long???? You JUST noticed the can leaked?? I've personally never seen a coke can JUST leak for no reason. Were the cans stored upside down?? Did something perforate them?

Some days I'm glad I live in Canada, we don't sue each other as much up here LOL, prolly cuz our settlements wouldn't be worth jack anyway hehehehehehehehehehehehe
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

Maybe he had just gotten the "Other uses for Coke" email that was going around the internet and got the idea from that
      September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
      IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
      Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Actually, from experiences in the Arabian Gulf, loading stores, and helping the Canteen guys, I feel there might be some merit to the intial complaint, ie: cans that leaked.

What we determined was that in most cases the metal the cans were made of was of somewhat substandard quality, and this allowed for defects in the can itself. We found cans that had either leaked their contents or that were only partially filled. This also caused instability in the flats and cases, which allowed for crushing to take place as well. Again we found this was due to the quality of the cans themselves.

I know this isn't making a lot of sense, and no we did not do metalurgy tests on the cans, but by comparison between cans that leaked and those which did not, it was evident that there was a defect in manufacture. The strength integrity just was not there.

On the other side of this story, what Idiot stores liquids with valuable technical, electronic and mechanical devices? Oh wait that question has already been answered.
        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Nasty habit

I used to sniff coke... until I got the bottle stuck up my nose.
          Resident Chaplain of the IACOJ

Comment

What we determined was that in most cases the metal the cans were made of was of somewhat substandard quality, and this allowed for defects in the can itself. We found cans that had either leaked their contents or that were only partially filled. This also caused instability in the flats and cases, which allowed for crushing to take place as well. Again we found this was due to the quality of the cans themselves.
            27-How in the world can you be so coherent so early in the morning? What are you putting in your coffee, I want some.

Comment

Carley Simon can help!

What are you putting in your coffee
              Must be clouds in your coffe.
              I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by superchef
                27-How in the world can you be so coherent so early in the morning? What are you putting in your coffee, I want some.
                Ahh well maybe that's the problem. No coffee today or yesterday for that matter. Just a cup 'o Messmer 'Rosehip and Hibiscus Flower' herbal tea both days. And a shot of Minute Maid grapefruit juice as a "chaser". LOL
                If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X