• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELF is REALLY going to be mad, now!

Nampa Bar Allowed To Keep "Monkeys" As Entertainment

By Tami Doty
    NAMPA -
    The three primates have given a Nampa bar a sort of claim to fame. But some feel the animals are the ones paying the price, so a business can turn a profit.

The drinks are how "Monkey Bizness" makes it's money. But these animals are what bring many people there in the first place.

Jeff Peters said, "I think its made a landmark, made us a little bit of a landmark here in Nampa." Peters took over the business just a few years ago, but the three animals came with it. He said, "They're special because they've grown up here, and if you like animals, you can appreciate that and don't want to see any harm come to them, love them like your pets, we've adopted them."

Despite the bar setting, Peters says the glass enclosure protects the animals from loud music, and he believes a separate ventilation system protects them from all the smoke. He said, "There's not a lot of special training needed, just give them a lot of love and attention, you just feed em water them, on a regular basis."

The owners maintain, the animals are well taken care of, but animal rights activists say that's not good enough. Carol Bachelder is with People For the Ethical Treatment of Animals, or PETA. She said, "It's all about quality of life, people wouldn't like to be put in a glass case and held up on display, behind a bar for other people's entertainment, we don't think it's fair for animals either."

Peters responded, "They've never been in their natural environment, this is their natural environment, this is all they know, this is where they've grown up."

And this is where he and many of his customers hope, they can stay. "It wouldn't be the same," said Peters. "It wouldn't be the same, they've been here so long, they're that unique characteristic.

The Nampa City Council granted Peters a conditional use permit on Tuesday evening. That means it will remain a 'monkey business' as long as he's the owner.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Carol Bachelder is with People For the Ethical Treatment of Animals, or PETA. She said, "It's all about quality of life, people wouldn't like to be put in a glass case and held up on display, behind a bar for other people's entertainment, we don't think it's fair for animals either."
    It's obvious she has never been in a strip joint!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

OMG!! They're freakin' chimps!!! Beat them down and make them dance!!! Whatever happened to man having dominion over the beasts??

(Actually I don't promote the ABUSE of animals, but I see no harm in what's happening here. Talk about people overreacting.)
      May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Comment

STAYBACK!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!! YOU ARE ALIVE!!!! YEA!!!!!! YEA!!!!!

Hey, everybody, STAYBACK IS STILL HERE!!!!!!

Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! ...........

CALL OFF THE SEARCH...... STAYBACK HAS BEEN FOUND........ Or, probably more correctly, he has found his way back, after living it up with some monkeys at a bar in Idaho........ Stay Safe....
          Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
          In memory of
          Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
          Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

O.O

Jaybird.....dude.......

Switch to decaf, man!!!!! LOL

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse