No announcement yet.

Losing hope for human kind...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YEAH!!!! I ate paint chips...they didn't bother me!!!!

George Wendt for President!!!
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Comment

My swimming pool was the canal acros the street,when it was really hot outside it was worth the ***whoopin to swim in there. Thanks for the trip down memory lane George
      IAFF

Comment

Here's another...

Guy walks into a bank with a briefcase and announces it's a bomb and robs the place. He flees on foot about 1/4 mile to his vehicle. During flight, responding police begin a foot pursuit and tosses the briefcase under a car in the supermarket parking lot (with the money in it), and hightails it to his car. He is forced over and apprehended. We now have a 1/4 mile long crime scene down a city street.

Major Crimes comes out to do the bank, I get assigned to work with the Bomb Squad. Patrol cordons off a huge perimeter.

Old man walks up the street, lifts the crime scene tape and starts to walk through the scene. He is detained by patrols. He stated that he didn't think that the crime scene tape was meant for the people who were walking through, he thought it was only for the people who wanted to watch.
        PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

Indeed George...how did kids live! Being born in '70 to older parents I was just before the whole time-outs and protective nest type stuff. Still remember all us Webelos piling into the back of a pickup to go to camp -- that's probably a felony today. Where else do learn life's little lessons, like don't spit forward in a moving a vehicle (goodness we all laughed when the lugey splattered back over Jeff's face!) Oh well, suppose we're safer know if not a bit dumber.

I guess I don't mind the whole "time-out" and "stand-in-a-corner" philosophy, though a swift whack always got my attention. What drives me nuts is the parents who just keep going, "Stop that or you'll have a time out." "I really mean it." "Stop that right now or I'll really send you to the corner." "Come on, I told you to stop."

======================
          I don't think I shared this similiar story from a month ago.

Had a serious MV v. Pedestrian in front of my house, drunk 17 y/o walking down the centerline at 01:00 hrs. State Trooper responding actually caught the collission on his cruiser cam, and I had already left my house due to the honking horns so I was at the patient as our tones where going out.

Afterwards State Police are doing an accident reconstruction since it was really a touch-and-go if it would be a fatality (so far, not). We were lighting the scene, and we had released almost all our manpower when the SP Sergeant asked for help with traffic and I got assigned to detour traffic at one of the intersections.

So it's me, and orange vest, a traffic wand, and my pickup with my dashboard bluelight flashing parked on the centerline.

And a Blazer starts to head around my vehicle. I cautiously go out into the other lane and got her to stop...at this point I'm seriously thinking, ok, must be drunk, I've got enough roadway (1/2 mile to the scene) here to let her go through and advise our guys to tell the State Police I have someone coming up to take a field sobriety test.

"What's going on?"

"The State Police are doing an accident reconstruction by Langevin Electric."

"Can I get through?"

"Would I be standing here with my truck in the middle of the road and the blue lights flashing if you could?"

"But I got to get to Danielson to get newspapers to deliver!"

"Well, you'll have to drive around like everyone else."

"Really?"

"Yes really."

"Will I be able to get through when I come back?"

"If there's no one blocking the road on the otherside still when you come back, yes. Otherwise, no."
          IACOJ Canine Officer
          20/50

Comment

Originally posted by Dalmatian90

Had a serious MV v. Pedestrian in front of my house, drunk 17 y/o walking down the centerline at 01:00 hrs. State Trooper responding actually caught the collission on his cruiser cam, and I had already left my house due to the honking horns so I was at the patient as our tones where going out.

Afterwards State Police are doing an accident reconstruction since it was really a touch-and-go if it would be a fatality (so far, not). We were lighting the scene, and we had released almost all our manpower when the SP Sergeant asked for help with traffic and I got assigned to detour traffic at one of the intersections.

So it's me, and orange vest, a traffic wand, and my pickup with my dashboard bluelight flashing parked on the centerline.

And a Blazer starts to head around my vehicle. I cautiously go out into the other lane and got her to stop...at this point I'm seriously thinking, ok, must be drunk, I've got enough roadway (1/2 mile to the scene) here to let her go through and advise our guys to tell the State Police I have someone coming up to take a field sobriety test.

"What's going on?"

"The State Police are doing an accident reconstruction by Langevin Electric."

"Can I get through?"

"Would I be standing here with my truck in the middle of the road and the blue lights flashing if you could?"

"But I got to get to Danielson to get newspapers to deliver!"

"Well, you'll have to drive around like everyone else."

"Really?"

"Yes really."

"Will I be able to get through when I come back?"

"If there's no one blocking the road on the otherside still when you come back, yes. Otherwise, no."

Well, nobody will ever be out of a job with these nuts around. As I have stated before, people are stupid, real stupid.
            No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Comment

I am a Spring chicken in comparison to some of you, but my dad remembered the way he was raised. He knew that a good swat on the rear end taught a lesson, and that learning some things through the "school of hard knocks" was better than being sheltered and was a good education. To him I will forever be grateful!

Comment

I had the same thought....

Not once, but twice guys in pickups stopped, "Hey, is the road blocked up ahead?"
                Dalmatian...do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars.

What you should have said was:

1) No, I just have a pinched arm muscle and the doctor told me to move it around with a lighted weight stick to relieve the tension in the morning.

2) Yes, but we figure the more cars we let pass the more chances of the blockage being knocked off the road.

3) No, my flashlight is hot and I'm waving it to cool it off.

4) Nope, it's blocked a few miles down but I don't feel like driving down that far.

5) Yep, but I figure a hot @$$ truck like yours would have no problem barreling right over it all.

((as an aside, Gene, the comedian you're thinking about is Bill Engval...not sure how to spell his last name ))

Comment

Try this... It helps me cope

I too am amazed at the stupid questions people ask at our scenes. It cracks me up when people see a thousand miles of hose on the ground, and ask, "Was there a fire?". Or seeing us pumping someones chest and ask "Are they gonna be OK?". Ya know what I do that brings my crew and myself overwhelming joy? When we get the inevitable question... "What Happened?", my standard-ever faithful reply is PLANE CRASH. It just brings me overwhelming joy to see the necks twist and the facial expression!!! Of course you can't use this at an actual plane crash.
                  Brian Rowe
                  Paramedic/Engineer
                  Colleton County Fire/Rescue

Comment

Hehehehehe

I'll have to remember that one! Well thought!

Comment

Another time we had a State Trooper involved in an MVA. Again, we where directing traffic while the highway was closed for 3+ hours for the reconstruction...5-8pm, so it was "prime time."

By the end of the night one of the old sh_ts on the end with me was explaining to people who asked that a truckload of nails had tipped over and they had inmates from the jail down there picking them up...
                      IACOJ Canine Officer
                      20/50

Comment

"What Happened?", my standard-ever faithful reply is PLANE CRASH. It just brings me overwhelming joy to see the necks twist and the facial expression!!! Of course you can't use this at an actual plane crash.
                        LMAO!!! thats why at a plane crash tell them it was a Shark attack!

I haven't yet had any stupid questions from stupid people.

Comment

OK here is my idiot story 3am Jan 1st get tonned for mva just down the street from the station. Typical response is the Engine and Rescue from HQ and the Engine from Station 2 comes non emergent. I was riding the officers seat on the first due Engine, and give the report of a 2 vehicle MVA possible entrapment, multiple lines down in the intersection. Before myself and crew can exit the apparatus some idiot in the oncomming lane weaves around 2 parked police cars, drives through the intersection, and snags a cable in the rear wheels of his mini van. Looked just like a jet landing on an aircraft carrier and catching the arresting gear. When he does this it drops another line on top of our apparatus energizing our engine. Luckly that popped a breaker or something and the line lost its charge, so i add a bit of an addition to my report " uh dispatch make that 3 vehicles involved. I divy up my crew to go tend to hazards and patient care while I walk over to the guy in the mini van and after making sure he had no injuries he has the nerve to ask me if I can hurry up and cut his vehicle free so he can get to work. After advising him that his best bet for getting out of there was to go talk to one of the cops, I walk away and assit with the extrication of the 2 critical patients, and he walked away to discuss his situation with the cops. They must have felt sorry for him being late to work so they gave him a pair of shiney new bracelets.
                          After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...