X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastwood Wishes Gov. Schwarzenegger Luck, Says "He'll Need It."

Eastwood wishes Gov. Schwarzenegger luck, says he'll need it

Canadian Press Tuesday, October 14, 2003

PARIS (AP) - Clint Eastwood, himself no stranger to the rough and tumble of elected office, says friend and fellow actor Arnold Schwarzenegger is going to need a good measure of luck in his new role as California's governor.

"Politicians have to make unpopular decisions," Eastwood said in an interview published Tuesday by the respected French daily Le Monde.

"Schwarzenegger is going to understand the nature of his job. I wish him good luck, he's going to need it. It's going to be difficult for him."

Eastwood, the tough-guy actor-director known for his Dirty Harry character and the Oscar-winning movie Unforgiven, was elected mayor of Carmel, Calif., in 1986 and served for two years.

Schwarzenegger, a former champion bodybuilder-turned-action-star, was easily elected last week to replace Gray Davis as governor of the most populous U.S. state.

Eastwood, 73, told Le Monde that his love of movies curtailed his own political career. His latest film, Mystic River, premiered in the United States last week.

"I knew I was in place for two years and I had absolutely no desire to present myself (for re-election)," he said.

"I was able to direct two movies during my mandate without failing in my duties as mayor. Everyone imagined me on course for the White House, especially with a former actor, Ronald Reagan, in power. But I love cinema too much for that."

© Copyright 2003 The Canadian Press
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X