Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drive By Shooting Or Just "trick" Detailing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive By Shooting Or Just "trick" Detailing?

We have had this "up here" for almost two years that I can remember, maybe a bit less or maybe a bit more.....

For cheap car customizing, some in U.S. turn to bullet hole stickers

Canadian Press Monday, October 13, 2003

OAK PARK, Mich. (AP) - Some people are turning to an inexpensive and controversial way of customizing their cars: applying decals of bullet holes.

"So real-looking you have to touch them with your own finger to tell," says the website bullet1.com, which offers vinyl stickers depicting .50-calibre holes and smaller ones that look like they came from a .22. Doug Rock, 25, of Sterling Heights, buys the stickers from a North Carolina supplier and sells them on the site. He said he's working his way through nursing school and has sold millions of the stickers since 2001.

"They're a great gag item," Rock said. "Otherwise, I guess it's just for the look, it's like a fad. I honestly don't think it will fade. My business is doing nothing but growing."

Not everyone finds the stickers funny.

"It sends the wrong message to our young people," said Gregory Wims, president of the Victims' Rights Foundation in Maryland. "It's sort of like a badge of honour. It sends a bad message."

Daniel Morton, 21, placed 10 bullet-hole decals on his 1994 Honda Accord to make it look as if it had been riddled with gunfire.

"A lot of people ask me about them and think my car got shot up," Morton said Monday. "I just try to be different."

Morton, who works for a rubber and plastics manufacturer, said it was cheaper than, say, customized wheel rims.

"I just spent a few dollars instead of $20,000," he said.

© Copyright 2003 The Canadian Press

And yes, on some vehicles, the "Holes" do look very real.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmm"
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

You might be a red-neck wannabe if you:
      1) Use stickers instead of real rust spots.
      2) Use stickers instead of real primer.
      3) Use stickers instead of real tobacco spit stains.

Hmmmm - maybe we need new stickers.....
      Proud to be honored with IACOJ membership. Blessed by TWO meals cooked by Cheffie - a true culinary goddess. Expressing my own views, not my organization's.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X