Habookees send their greetings!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Habookees send their greetings!!!

Some have wondered where Ol' Stayback has been these few months, well let me tell you....

...it all started with a trip I booked to Branson to see the Captain and Tennile "Girls, Girls, Girls" Tour. Sooomehooow my travel agent made a HUGE mistake and sent me on a rather slow boat to a place called Habookistan. I thought it was odd to take a boat through the Midwest...but I had faith in my agent. Weeeeellll...let me tell you, didn't HE look foolish when I finally made it to Habookistan...I was just in time for a little festival they hold to honor the reproductive system of the Great Horned Yak!!! Man...my first yak festival!!! The Habookees....who take great offense at being called Habookee...annnnnyway...the Habookees set large fires as some sort of religious ceremony. I quickly showed them how fire can be put out using copious amounts of water from their sacred pond. The villagers became quite excitable and were so amazed they were screaming a variety of sayings in their native tongue. It's funny how the language sounds so much like our's after you've been around it for awhile. I could have sworn I heard someone shout something that started with "Mother"...I dunno. The Chief of the Habookees was quite fascinated with my American money and through sign language told me he needed much of it to make some sort of ceremonial gear for the cheek of his right buttocks. The villagers, meanwhile, were chanting about the sacrifice of some "Pale-Faced Weasel"...but the Chief seemed to ignore them as he was collecting my money. You know...come to think of it...I never saw a single weasel while I was there. Man...whenever they catch up with him...WOOOOEEEE!...is he in for a bad day!!
    I was honored to take part in the "Drinking of the YUCKPOOIE"...I'm not sure what it was...but it had some holy importance relating to the reproductive system of this Yak. The villagers were sooooo happy to see me drink, one nearly loss control of his functions from laughter. What a jovial bunch they are!! Funny thing is I can't remember the next seven days...and I woke up in Vegas wearing some sort of loincloth and missing my wallet...man that Chief suuuuuure needed a lot of money to make his ceremonial gear!

Anywho..it was a vacation I'll never forget....I guess the Captain and Tennile will have to wait until next year....maybe they'll being playing in Habookistan and I can revisit my new-found Habookee friends.
    Last edited by StayBack500FT; 10-10-2003, 09:22 PM.
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

STAYBACK'S BACK!!!!

omg that drove me insane .... pleaseeeee let it work this time
    Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 10-10-2003, 10:49 PM.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Welcome back. I'm glad you didn't stay back at your vacation spot!! ROTF LMAO...ok, that was a stupid, corny joke.
      IACOJ Agitator
      Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Welcome home brother!
        Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

Comment

hey. welcome back
          Jaime
          No longer an explorer-
          Currently Keene State College Class of 2008
          KEENE STATE RUGBY #5!!!
          I shed blood for my ruggers.
          <forever ruggers, forever sisters>
          www.kscwrfc.org

All gave some, some gave all. Gone but not forgotten. 9/11/01

Comment

Good grief StayBack.....it's pronounced Hoboken. H-O-B-O-K-E-N !

And the Chief is John Cassesa. You been drinking that corn mash again?

By the way....have you checked the chicken coop yet?
            Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
            Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
            On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

I can't believe stayback was only 30 minutes from me and I didn't get to meet him.

Hope you had a good time anyway( whatever you remember of it).

Tanker
              I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
              Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

Comment

Did someone say Stayback's back?

WELCOME BACK STAYBACK...WE MISSED YOU.
                Bruce Baker

Medic Student, EMT-I, EMT-I instructor, Haz-Mat FRO

Fraternal Order Of Paramedics Society Member

R.I.P. 343, 9/11/01, God Bless America.
                "ALWAYS REMEMBER, NEVER FORGET!"

Comment

he's back

I woke up in Vegas wearing some sort of loincloth
                  Pictures, I want pictures.

WELCOME BACK STAYBACK!!!!

You have been missed.

Comment

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.....

STAYBACK IN DA HOUSE... STAYBACK IS IN DA HOUSE!!

Welcome home Bro. 26 and I did our best to keep these guys in line during your absence. We also had some help from Tanker and Cheffie too.
                    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Welcome Back!

Stayback Bro... Welcome back and all, but what is so wrong with Branson??? I live in the area ya know... It really isn't that bad, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to cut this short because my station just got banged out for an MVA. So welcome back and I'm glad you're here once again to keep me entertained!

Adam
                      Firefighter/EMT
                      I.A.C.O.J.
                      LREngine135
                      Firefighter/EMT-B

All things I say...while not always making sense are ALWAYS my opinion and only mine. They do not reflect the opinions of any department of which I am a member.

Comment

Stayback! Weeeellllccome back! Hope your trip was great. It must have been for a teacher to not be getting back to us until the middle of October.

And not to put a tarnish on your return, but, LRFireE135 I would make sure your are actually a member of the IACOJ before you begin putting it on your posts. Just a bit of advise!
                        Shawn M. Cecula
                        Firefighter
                        IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

Thanks everyone, it's good to be back!!
                          May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Comment

Welcome back to the forums, Stayback. If you was is Branson, Mo. I live about 2 1/2 hours from there. They have some cool shows and stuff down there.

Comment

Thanks everyone, it's good to be back!!
                              You were gone??

Just kiddin, Buddy! I was about to take a road trip to check on ya.
                              Last edited by Steamer; 10-14-2003, 11:56 PM.
                              Steve Gallagher
                              IACOJ BOT
                              ----------------------------
                              "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X