Forum Signatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Signatures

What's the background to your forum signature?

What does it mean?

Where did it come from?

Why did you choose it?

Mine is a dedication that Harvey Grant wrote in his book, "Vehicle Extrication" I love it- it sums everything about rescue and firefighting in general.

Everything we do is monumental,and it begins with training...

We shouldn't dwell on the past and those we could not save- learn from it and use that knowledge for future scenes we face....
    Luke

Mine declares my affiliation and awareness that I'm a pain in the ***.

Comment

Same as the Lt
      Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
      Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Mostly mine is of a philosophical nature, with a splash of sarcam or humour, just for fun. A lot of time what is in my signature is a reflection of my inner attitude towards the world at large. Once in a while though, what it reads has no bearing on anything I am thinking or feeling, other than it just "felt good" at the time.
        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

simply ........ Cuz I can hehehe ..... that's generally my excuse when asked why I've done something or am doing something. Most times anything in my signature is of a sarcastic nature, MUCH like myself
          To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

Mine is a mantra most applicable in this type of forum.

With all the pointless arguing that goes on around these places, if I do decide to pick a bone with someone, I hope they know it is a compliment.
            Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

I can't remember mine.

I'll post this and get back to ya.
              Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

Hmmm. First line refers to the females on the department that think I'm nutty. Actually, it could refer to all the damn kids under 25, but the line is from a Steely Dan tune, and I'll not adjust it just to suit my needs. I'll show them.

Second line is a great crusty line I once heard from an instructor in one of my first live fire trainings. I nearly fell over.

Third one is a line I threw at one of our new guys when I was explaining our grass rig, and what to do if the water supply was interrupted. We both busted up, so I decided it's a motto to live by.

Last one describes an affiliation I am immensly proud to be included in....

Now, where was I......?
                Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

The first line is my rank, as if it wasnt obvious by my forum name.

And, the second is an association I am affiliated with, and proud of it.

I guess I am not nearly as creative with words as those before me.
                  Shawn M. Cecula
                  Firefighter
                  IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

Mine is an example of a typical morning at the firehouse kitchen table, the motto of the FOOLS and my affiliation in the IACOJ.

It has been edited from time to time, the new one reflects my present thoughts and status.
                    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 01-13-2005, 10:51 AM.
                    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

I.A.C.O.J. Grill Chef <<<<<
                      Stupid should HURT <<<<<<< way too many stupid people get away without learning their lesson. Pain is a great instructional tool.

Tanker
                      I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
                      Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

Comment

Kinda a form disclaimer....

Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)
                        >> I try to insulate my home department from any of the asinine things that I might post in haste!!!

IACOJ
                        >> A proud affiliation that was bestowed upon me, even though I only have a very light coating of crust--- but am loving the work to earn more!!!

-Devil
                        Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)

IACOJ

Comment

Mine is because someone has to cook for all of the Crusties and I am proud to be accepted in such a fine organization. I figure if I cook for you I can get you to behave some of the time anyway. That and cooking is my first passion, love and talent in life.
                          Last edited by superchef; 09-30-2003, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I think I just have the station radio call sign and other fine organization I am affiliated (did I spell that right)with.
                            IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                            Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                            ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                            RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                            LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                            I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                            "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                            http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

yep...............thats what it says all right !
                              IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                              Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                              ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                              RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                              LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                              I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                              "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                              http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X