• Show
Clear All

• Radioguy whats this?????

On two of your posts I have a pop up
    listing my Isp and my IP adress, is there something
    wrong?I just had to reformat my hard drive when a virus
    wiped out all my programs,and Im not sure if I have all the
    security systems set back right.Does any one else see a
    message on the Hay bale post? Or is it just on my screen??

No, I noticed it as well. Showed my ISP address as well as my ISP provider. Startled the heck out of me.
    IACOJ

Comment

Nifty piece of spyware. the source code shows

so If I add an image with the danasoft url, guess what happens

Do not go to danasoft web page, they are selling Ghost Ware software. and other bollocks.
      Last edited by FlyingKiwi; 09-30-2003, 12:14 AM.
      Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
      Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Interesting. I wondered about that....

Thank you, Kiwi.
        Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

Thanks guys I thought my computer was going nuts again!!
          Please play I Spy with someone else, I dont like it.

Comment

Scared the S**T out of me yesterday!
            September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
            IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
            Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

I just love the voodoo that you do...

Big brother is watching....
              Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
              Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
              On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

The sign is only a script showing you, not others, your OS.

However, it is annoying and can be worrysome to others, I'd lose it.

Comment

If you are having a problem with spyware go to www.webroot.com
                  they offer a free shareware version of their software and it does a tremendous job of getting rid of over 9000 different types of spyware and they update daily. It finds trojans, dialers, cookies, etc. all the things that you will never find using standard cleanup methods.

Load it up and then run the update, then scan your system. When it is finished scanning your system for spyware, it tells you how many types and versions there were and you can even look at the definition of the spyware to tell you what it does. Alot of them are designed for information gathering... marketing etc. Other are for Identity theft. Good Luck!

Comment

No hassles over here .............but will keep and "I" out 4 it.
                    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Its just a little GIF image that shows your IP, ISP and IE version, all that info is automaticly sent to every page you visit anyway.

Like said above, you can add it to any signature just by posting that image, and even to email. It tends to freak people out at first, but it really doesn't do anything but show the info that you broadcast to every page you visit anyway.

The guy who wrote it was a genius in terms of advertising! He developed a simple little image that people love to use, and it causes thousands of people to visit his site as a result.

Sorry if I scared anyone,its a harmless little script. It shall not appear again.
                      Last edited by radioguy; 09-30-2003, 10:14 PM.

Comment

All it is showing is normal information your browser puts out to websites.

If you are worried about your IP address being tracked by websites, do a search for free proxy servers then set up IE to use a proxy server. Then when you go to a website, it will not have your IP but rather the IP of the proxy server.

For those who don't know, IP stands for Internet Protocol. Basically, it is the address of your computer on the internet. You can relate it to IP is your house number on a street. It says where you are. To really get you scared, hackers who know your IP address can attempt to hack into your computer. If you are worried about stuff like that, download a free firewall program (such as ZoneAlarm) or purchase one at a store. A firewall will block incoming and outgoing internet traffic.
                        IACOJ Agitator
                        Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

Is that something like IP daily?
                          Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
                          Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
                          On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

While the info is normally transmitted to website you're visting, like Radio & Adze said, what it normally isn't is transmitted to a third-party sight that's dynamically generating this JPG.

His website then also knows where you are visiting, since if I recall correctly that information is transmitted as part of the re-direct (that's how certain sites know if your linking images from another hosting company and block them).
                            IACOJ Canine Officer
                            20/50

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...