Even Worse than an LODD.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even Worse than an LODD.....

Just read the fire house article regarding Douglas, Georgia Firefighter David Varnedore, responded to a scene, and finds two of his own children dead......
    GOD BLESS YOU BROTHER, I'm praying for them and your family.
    (should now be CharlieRFD,past,Pres.), but I've had this screen name for so long, I'm keeping it..., besides I'm Deputy Chief now.
    BE SAFE OUT THERE
    NEVER FORGET
    GOD BLESS THE 343 AND 60, MAY GOD GRANT HIS PEACE TO THEIR LOVED ONES.
    IACOJ
    F.O.O.P.

OOOHHMMMMAAAGOODDD..... I won't even begin to imagine that one. For sure my heart and prayers are to David and his family. I am truly and deeply sorry for such an event.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Unimaginable...

My thoughts and prayers go out to FF Varnedore, his wife and 2 yr. old surviving daughter. I don't know what I would do if I rolled up on my own family.......I'm just dumbstruck....

Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)

IACOJ

Comment

Your title is exactly what I was thinking while reading the article...I am not ashamed to say this one caused a tear to roll down my face.....God Bless This Family!

Comment

Worst Fear realized ...

I sit here stunned and not knowing quite what to say. My heart and prayers go out to this family, how helpless FF Varnedore must have felt. I am so sorry for his loss.
          To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

God Bless him, and his family.

Indeed it is worse then an LODD. May only the best come now for them.
            IACOJ

Comment

I hope he has a large support group to get him and his family through this awful tragedy.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of their families. I have questions about the incident, but now I don't feel is the time........
                The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
                We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
                IACOJ

Comment

Absolutely tragic...........I cant imagine that ..........how sad. My condolences to the family.,
                  IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                  Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                  ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                  RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                  LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                  I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                  "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                  http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

So Sad...

God Bless FF Varnedore and His family. What a tragedy . This is hard to imagine. May his children Rest In Peace, and always be watched over. My our thoughts be with him and his in their time of need.

God Bless, Stay Safe and Take Care.

Bruce , 19, EMT-1D, C.A.

R.I.P.343, 9/11/01, God Bless America.
                    "ALWAYS REMEMBER, NEVER FORGET".
                    Last edited by brubaker; 09-24-2003, 01:32 AM.
                    Bruce Baker

Medic Student, EMT-I, EMT-I instructor, Haz-Mat FRO

Fraternal Order Of Paramedics Society Member

R.I.P. 343, 9/11/01, God Bless America.
                    "ALWAYS REMEMBER, NEVER FORGET!"

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families who lost a child, as well as to every responder who answered the call to this great tragedy.

Even more so for FF Varnedore and his family.

There just are not words enough to express the sorrow I feel for their loss.

Although I think I have found one already, I have petitioned Firehouse.com to attempt to locate an appropriate address where we may direct cards & letters with words of support to our brother and his family. Hopefully they will post anything they find here or on the front page article.
                      Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
                      Stephen
                      FF/Paramedic
                      Instructor

Comment

N2DFire...

EXCELLENT idea !!!! Thanks for thinking of it. If they don't post it and you know of one can you please email it to me?
                        To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

May I offer my sincere condolences to the family of David Varnedore. May God comfort you at this most difficult time. Additionally, my thoughts and prayers go out to the families of Lindsay Joiner, Courtney Arsenault, and Coranne Megan Nelson.

I also pray for the recovery of Heather Bass. May her familiy find strength and comfort.

Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
                          Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
                          On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

I can not imagine what that would be like. God bless Firefighter Varnedore and his family as well as the members of his department. May they find some peace in knowing that we all are praying for them.
                            09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
                            ------------------------------
                            IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
                            "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
                            BMI Investigator
                            ------------------------------
                            The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X