Cheffie stirs the pot and out comes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Cheffie!

I will try it again, probably next week, it's going to take me awhile to find that balsamic you mentioned, as our food workers are on strike here too, so I have to travel to find a decent selection.
    ftm-ptb
    leather forever
    gateway fools

Comment

REMEMBER I DON'T WRITE THIS STUFF, I JUST FIND IT

Fair Goers Feed On Fried Snickers

POSTED: 2:48 p.m. EDT October 22, 2003
      UPDATED: 3:11 p.m. EDT October 22, 2003

DALLAS -- Don't have enough fat in your life? Try some deep-fried candy.

The Wall Street Journal reports visitors to the Texas State Fair have had a chance to boost their cholesterol higher than Big Tex, the fair's giant cowboy.

Fair goers lined up at Butch Benavides' booth to buy deep-fried Snickers. He says the batter has to be just right. If it's too thin, the chocolate melts. But if it's too thick, the candy bar puffs up like a fried pie.

Benavides says another secret to fried confections is keeping them on a stick. He says fair goers like to eat on the go.

For those of you who'd like to try frying a candy bar or two at home, here's the method:

You'll need a good batter, something sticky enough to hold onto the bar, but one that won't puff up too much and turn your bar into a biscuit. Storebought funnel cake or beer-batter mixes, chilled for 30 minutes before use, will do the trick.

Next, you'll want to make sure the bars are ready. For home deep fryers, the snack-size bars are easier to handle than full-size ones. Put a wooden skewer through each unwrapped bar longwise, then put them in the freezer for 30 minutes until cold all the way through.

Heat oil in deep fryer to 360° Fahrenheit. Dust each bar with flour, then roll in batter, coating thoroughly. Allow excess to drop off.

Fry bars, holding onto the end of the skewer to keep them submerged, until batter is golden brown, about four minutes. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.

Copyright 2003 by ClickOnDetroit.com.

This is something I would have expected the British to try because they deep fry just about everything... some of which is really not as bad as it sounds. But this one kinda took the prize for the day. (so far anyway)
      If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

REMEMBER I DON'T WRITE THIS STUFF, I JUST FIND IT
        27- I am just a wee bit worried about you with these threads you have been posting. I think you need a vacation lad.

Comment

whats your next creation going to be cheffie?
          Jaime
          No longer an explorer-
          Currently Keene State College Class of 2008
          KEENE STATE RUGBY #5!!!
          I shed blood for my ruggers.
          <forever ruggers, forever sisters>
          www.kscwrfc.org

All gave some, some gave all. Gone but not forgotten. 9/11/01

Comment

The deep fried candy bars arent just in Texas they were at the SC state fair as well. Not just snickers either, if i remember correctly there was milky way, butterfinger, and 3 muskateer maybe a few others too.
            After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

Comment

Deep fried candy? Mmmmm...wonder what that tastes like?
              Bruce Baker

Medic Student, EMT-I, EMT-I instructor, Haz-Mat FRO

Fraternal Order Of Paramedics Society Member

R.I.P. 343, 9/11/01, God Bless America.
              "ALWAYS REMEMBER, NEVER FORGET!"

Comment

Deep fried candy? - when did Homer Simpson join the FH forums?

Comment

Hey...I don't find that funny! So I have a sence of humor, no big deal!
                  Bruce Baker

Medic Student, EMT-I, EMT-I instructor, Haz-Mat FRO

Fraternal Order Of Paramedics Society Member

R.I.P. 343, 9/11/01, God Bless America.
                  "ALWAYS REMEMBER, NEVER FORGET!"

Comment

no deep fried candy here. I take care of my crew

Caramelized Onion, Apple and Brie Tartlets

Pan Seared Top Loin Roast served with garlic-herb butter
                    Pan seared then oven roasted and served with a garlic-herb butter. Picture the plate with thick slices with the butter melted over the crust and topped with fresh arugula, freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiao and then drizzled with a lemon garlic vinaigrette.

Balsamic Glazed Baby Carrots and Green Beans

Individual Chocolate Guiness Bundt Cakes
                    served with a warm deep choclate sauce and more Guiness

Stay safe all. Take care

Comment

CHEFFIE
                      IT GOOD TO READ THAT YOU PASS YOUR TEST FOR PART 1 OF NFA
                      READ YOUR DINNER I KNOW YOU WILL PASS THE REST OF THEM
                      A LADY THAT CAN COOK LIKE YOU CAN, CAN PASSED ANY TEST
                      IT GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOUR AGAIN THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK IF YOU
                      NEED THE LUCK
                      DENNIS1975

Comment

I have a few minutes here between eating and getting on with my history assignment, so I figured I would add what came out of the skillet tonight.

BTW, what I describe below is or can be very very spicy hot, so if you are kinda low tolerant, please consider this your "Disclaimer statement". LOL

Anyhow, a stop at the local grocery store produced:

1 packet prime stew beef
                        1 packet red snapper fillet
                        1 packet stir fry veggies with chicken
                        1 packet jumbo prawns
                        1 packet Uncle Ben's Homestyle Chicken & Wild rice
                        2 Habanaro peppers
                        Cajun spice
                        Frank's Red Hot
                        Lemon juice
                        Garlic powder (or fresh garlic if you have it)

1) Prepare the rice according to packet instructions
                        2) clean the prawns as needed, and dice chicken, snapper and beef as desired (I like mine in small bites - LOL)
                        3) throw the meat items into a large skillet, with some olive oil, and pre-cook; add in liberal amounts of garlic powder and Cajun spice and a splash of the lemon juice
                        4) chop the veggies etc to be added once the meat is nearly cooked completely then add in with a liberal dose of Frank's Red Hot and soya souce, ensure that the Habanaro's are diced very fine, they can be "just a little hot" sometimes.
                        5) stir and cook for a about 10 minutes, stirring to ensure nothing sticks/burns (that would suck!! )
                        6) serve

When I dished mine up I made sure to splash a little of the meat juice on my rice. (I think we need a Smiley with fire shooting from his mouth )

*There is just enough left over for lunch tomorrow so that I can tease Bevin, my co-worker - she is constantly amazed that I will cook meals like this for myself . Ok time to go.. my lips are on fire!**
                        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X