Only In America You Say Eh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only In America You Say Eh?

You be the judge. Hopefully this game wont be 'trans border'.

Bodily fluids the weapons in gross-out board game Creepy Freaks. Canadian Press Tuesday, September 16, 2003

BELLEVUE, Wash. (AP) - Boogers and vomit and snot, oh my.

A gross-out game called "Creepy Freaks" for children ages 5 to 11 will hit the national market Wednesday, with miniature figures for trading, a plastic game board and a DVD with stories about the characters.

Frosty the Snotman attacks with sneezes, Headley flings brains, Spitty Cat throws the contents of cat litter boxes and Swirly looks like a toilet. Silent But Deadly attacks with stealthy odorous emissions.

"Bodily fluids became our creative direction. They kind of set the tone," said Jordan Weisman, chief executive officer of Bellevue-based WizKids game development company.

Weisman, 43, created the concept based on bedtime stories told to his youngest son.

But 7-year-old Lucas's "Banana Man" and his other characters didn't make the final cut. Designers developed almost too many grossly creative ideas and had to trim back, Weisman said.

"It was a lot of fun," said game designer Jon Leitheusser, 34. "The most fun was thinking like an 8-year-old boy again and coming up with gross stuff."

Parents may not be quite as delighted.

"It's just kind of stupid really, isn't it?" said Alison Estep, 39, who examined the toys outside a Seattle elementary school while her 8-year-old son and 5-year-old daughter studied inside.

© Copyright The Canadian Press
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Trivial Pursuit it is not LMFAO
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Monkeys Demand Equal Pay

Monkeys Demand Equal Pay

POSTED: 12:27 p.m. EDT September 17, 2003

A fair shake is a fair shake -- whether you're a human or a monkey.

A recent study shows brown capuchin monkeys refused to play along when they saw another monkey get a better payoff for performing the same work.

The monkeys were trained to trade a granite token for a piece of cucumber. When the reward was the same for both monkeys, they took the cucumber 95 percent of the time.

But it was a different story when one monkey was given something better -- namely, a grape. Then, the other monkey often pitched a fit -- either throwing the token, refusing to eat the cucumber or giving it to the other monkey.

An Emory University researcher says the results could mean man and monkey have an evolutionary sense of fairness -- which may have helped species cooperate and survive.

Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2491056/detail.html
      If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Ah, if only I could get a grape for all I do.
        Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...