Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Right Kiwi, What Are You Trying To Tell Us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Right Kiwi, What Are You Trying To Tell Us?

New Zealand MPs flashed with bras in protest of genetically altered crops

Canadian Press Wednesday, September 10, 2003

WELLINGTON (AP) - A group of women protesting genetically modified food took off their shirts in New Zealand's parliament on Wednesday, revealing matching pink bras.

"We've lobbied, we've lobbied our supermarkets, we've lobbied our food producers, we've taken it to the High Court," Hillary Ord said after the protest in the parliament's public gallery. "This is the result of absolute frustration."

Ord said the group was angered by government plans to lift a ban on genetically engineered crops being planted in New Zealand fields.

The women, from Mothers Against Genetic Engineering, shocked legislators by stripping as a legislator asked a question about the country's economy.

"It was a dull question, so we thought it's now or never," protester Maike Nevill said.

Security guards quickly ushered the women out of the building. Police did not immediately file any charges.

"We just want to make our point clear, and I think we were quite entertaining in there," Ord said. "Certainly it stopped (the politicians) fighting among themselves for a second."

© Copyright 2003 The Canadian Press

Just one question: Where were the sheep?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

And we had to suffer through it on the evening news.

Even worse is the Bio Gas Tax the Govt are trying to get through, they want to tax farmers for the methane gas produced by livestock on their farms.... Aparently it is a greenhouse gas.

We have a campaign against it called F.A.R.T Fight Against Rediculous Taxes.

Is there another country that could house a confused kiwi, cause this ones going around the bend.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

The doors are always open, my Friend. Just give me a time and a day, and I'll meet you at the airport, the ferry terminal, or whatever other mode of transport you find yourself on.
      If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Is there another country that could house a confused kiwi, cause this ones going around the bend.

Confused kiwi welcome here. I'll even feed the kiwi!

Comment

WE MISS YOU KIWI!!!
          September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
          IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
          Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

The non-politically correct portion of me wonders how protesters showing pink bra's would persuade me to change my position. Some possibilities come to mind:[list=1][*]The protesters look much better dressed than with their undies showing. Might have to limit debate....[*]The protesters look good in their undies - might have to take more positions they don't like and see what their next protest is....[*]Legislators pass out Victoria's Secret catalogs with suggestions circled for the next protest.....[/list=1]
            Why can't we have protestors like that here?
            Proud to be honored with IACOJ membership. Blessed by TWO meals cooked by Cheffie - a true culinary goddess. Expressing my own views, not my organization's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohiovolffemtp
              Why can't we have protestors like that here?
              2 Words - Yoko Ono
              Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
              Stephen
              FF/Paramedic
              Instructor

Comment

2 Words - Yoko Ono

Thats just wrong.

Tanker
                I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
                Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

Comment

Whats more, with some of them it would have been preferable if the protest consisted of putting a large coat on.

Comment

Count yourself lucky kiwi, here in Canada toplessness is legal, so they don't even have to wear pink bras to protest!!

Then again, it is seldom the young and shall we say "perky" that take advantage of that right.
                    IACOJ

Comment

Lady

I found some pictures of the event for you, but could not bring myself to post them... oh the humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by N2DFire

2 Words - Yoko Ono
                        NOOOOoooooooooooooo ooooooo.....

Oh the pain, the pain!

IACOJ Fire Boat 1

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola