Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireLt1951
    replied
    Well lets see here. I did watch the program covering the original topic and found it interesting and now that this thread has gone in a different direction, what the [email protected]#l.

I'm not a Democrat and I'm not a Republican, I consider myself an Independent although I tend to be a little right of center. I've watched and listened to the debates that have aired and have decided on one thing. I don't care for any of the present Democratic candidates or their platforms right now. I've heard no substance to their message what so ever.

I know one thing for sure. If Dean is chosen as the Democratic candidate, I'll have no alternative but to vote for President Bush. Dean is way to far left for my taste. The rest haven't impressed me yet with any type of vision for the future. Just an opinion and nothing more.

Capstann1,
    No it's not SB vs F.
    P vs R and it's not public relations

Leave a comment:

• Duffman
    replied
    3. Can you honestly say that the ten dwarfs running for the Democratic nod have much substance? All I hear them doing is calling President Bush names - no substance. If the Democratic ticket in '04 has Dean at the top, its going to be a landslide in Bush's favor close to that of Reagan's second election!
    Have you attempted to do more than just listen to ten second sound bites on TV?

You want substance, look here:

http://www.deanforamerica.com/site/PageServer

http://www.draftclark2004.com/default.asp

www.johnkerry.com

That should get you started. All have links where the issues are discussed.

Leave a comment:

• WVFDCap
    replied
    The question was asked why we (as conservatives) have not gotten beyond the former President Clinton. Here are three reasons why:

1. He (Clinton) cannot continue a time honored tradition of former Presidents not attacking his successors policies. He does this at every chance.

2. He is still in charge of the Democratic Party. Why else would Terry MacCauliff (ms?), Clinton's close friend, still be head of the DNC after their loss of the Senate and loss of seats in the House in '02?

3. Can you honestly say that the ten dwarfs running for the Democratic nod have much substance? All I hear them doing is calling President Bush names - no substance. If the Democratic ticket in '04 has Dean at the top, its going to be a landslide in Bush's favor close to that of Reagan's second election!

Leave a comment:

• Duffman
    replied
    Yours was a COMPLETELY personal attack. An unprovoked personal attack, I might add.
    Sorry George, I guess I came on a little strong. Of, course I it's not like I called you a rapist or anything. Just Kidding.

Apology offered,

Duff

Leave a comment:

• ThNozzleman
    replied
    Gee, I can't believe this thread got by me! George and I have banged heads on this issue before, of course. I think the war in Iraq was a big mistake and was waged for no reason other than control of the area and it's oil. The Bush administration ties to oil are well documented. No WMD have been found. There were no real ties to "terrorism" by Iraq's government. The chickens will come home to roost for Bush, I think...and soon.

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    hehehe

Leave a comment:

• mcaldwell
    replied
    ** Members reserve the right to hijack an occasional unsuspecting thread and supplant it's contents with a good political scrum. Especially when said members live in remote locations surrounded by teenage hippies incapable of forming coherent sentences, or informed political opinions. **

So who wants to debate NAFTA?

Leave a comment:

• captstanm1
    replied
    3900!

firelt1951.....hmmmmm... Would that be SB vs F (I could not bear to spell it out)?

Bones is right...this thread got way off target. It started as a discussion on a TV show and turned political. Seems some folks just like to stir the stew no matter what the subject

Can not beleive that I wasted my 3900th post on this....Darn it!

Leave a comment:

• TillerMan25
    replied
    I read the passage about Sean Hannity provided above. I must say, even though it is basically Liberal Bickering over Conservative Opinion, it was interesting reading and kinda makes ya think a bit.

I tend to lean more toward the Right, but do not toally disagree with everything the Left has to say. Particularly when it comes to Labor and Defense issues. Neither side will ever be completly right, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    **Shaking head* NNNOOO NNOOOOO not that one too. Not again. Please not again.

Leave a comment:

• FireLt1951
    replied
    Remember, there are 2 subjects that will bring about a storm of controversial opinions that can be overwhelming and run the complete gambit. What are those 2 subjects? We've covered one so far.

Leave a comment:

• firemanpat29
    replied
    Thanks bones for the effort. I did not want to stir
    every one up. I just thought it was a good show.

Leave a comment:

• Lewiston2Capt
    replied
    Doing my best Andy Rooney impression: Why is it that whenever we start talking about politics/politicians we end up getting into this same huge debate?

Thank you Bonesy for the attempt to get this thread back on topic. I dont think it is going to work though. Why dont we just add this to the topics that never end...

Leave a comment:

• Bones42
    replied
    ....and back to the topic of this thread, the documentary was a good show. It was interesting to see the actions going on that most people were unaware of.

Leave a comment:

• DaSharkie
    replied
    By the way, why is it that right windbags still rely on Clinton bashing.
    Because he is constantly touted by "left windbags" as a great President. There are many errors and problems in everyone's past, unfortunately, people on both sides of the aisle who can't accept it that some 15 or 20 year old youngster isn't thinking about becoming President when he shoplifts or smokes a bone ( not condoning either one. ) As for President Bush's D.U.I., I don't recall he ever denied it. true, he never brought it up, but he didn't have to, whereas Mr. Clinton outright lied about it, to me, his employer, a citizen of this great country. And no, I am not naive enough to think that any politician tells the truth 100% of the time.

Well then I guess the rumors about our current presidents alledged cocaine use should be discussed.
    Again, never denied. Never brought up either, but I am sure there are things in everyone's past that we do not bring up at parties or even to own spouses - for whatever reason. At least he didn't say he never inhaled and made himself a laughing stock.

This thread will go nowhere because he and other Bush kool-aid drinkers won't accept anything but the company line.
    I resent this as weel. I do not tow the "company line." I am a reasonably intelligent man who can make rational decisions for myself. I do not need to be told by the selfish politicians of any party what is right or wrong for me to think. I suppose that it is OK to take the Ted Kennedy kool-aid, or the Howard Dean Kool-aid though isn't it. I trust that you are a mature responsible adult yourself, quite capable of making your own decisions and not requiring your thoughts to be given to you by some politico. Please have the decency to respect others for their own differing beliefs and views, like it or not.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X