Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

WTC cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAVolunteer View Post
    Similarly, if an atheist believes that there is no God, then why do they care if there is a symbol of God displayed? Aren't they admitting that there is a God, by the simple offense taken by the symbol?

... sorry, just some random thoughts.

No, that's not random, that's epic PA! I believe that is the best rebuttal of an athiest arguement I have ever seen. Wish I had thought of it, haha.

Comment

I'm an atheist and I could care less about this topic. I would really like folks like this guy to not create an issue where none exists. I have no problem with any group believing in some mythical sky being that is dispensing justice or has some grandiose plan for humanity.

I would very much appreciate if religious believers had as much respect for my beliefs as I have of theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by scfire86ret View Post
        I'm an atheist and I could care less about this topic. I would really like folks like this guy to not create an issue where none exists. I have no problem with any group believing in some mythical sky being that is dispensing justice or has some grandiose plan for humanity.

I would very much appreciate if religious believers had as much respect for my beliefs as I have of theirs.
        Sooooo, by saying you could care less it sounds like you do care. I think what you really mean is that you COULDN'T care less. That means that you don't care because you can't care less than not caring at all. And the fact that you posted on here means that you do care about the subject or you wouldn't have made it a point to express that you are an atheist and make your broad all encompassing statement towards all religious people. Not to mention your snide little remark about a mythical sky being. Just saying.

Comment

Can't resist a troll here. Seeing "God" in the form of the random intersection of two I-beams, considering that 3000 innocent people including 343 FF's were brutally, selfishly murdered, is a tad ironic.

Comment

If you haven't already been informed, this upcoming Saturday (MAY 21st, 2016), the 9/11 Responders Remembered Park will be honoring 61 heroes who are now amongst gods army of heroes! We will also be honoring Ray Pfeifer FDNY who is a role model to all and one of the individuals we all strive to be like in our own lives! We hope to see you all there at the 9/11 Responders Remembered Park, located at the corner of Gibbs Pond Road and Smithtown Blvd! IF YOUR FROM LONG ISLAND, DONT JUST LIKE THIS... COME DOWN AND BE A PART OF A MOVING CEREMONY!
            ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
            NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
            CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
            LT. John Ginley Engine 40
            FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
            FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
            FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
            FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
            FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
            FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
            FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
            FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40