Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJMinick390
    replied
    If these people really want to help humankind reach a better life they would mind their own business. If they want to put their symbol up that is their right, but don't complain about the symbols of others just because they don't fit in with your belief (or is it non-belief?) system.

Leave a comment:

• E40FDNYL35
    replied
    some people just don't get it......
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tanker5117
    replied
    from their website ( i have to go wash my hands now)

"An international symbol for Atheism has long been needed. When American Atheists was formed in 1963, a contemporary scientific symbol was chosen; this acknowledges that only through the use of scientific analysis and free, open inquiry can humankind reach out for a better life."

So, thousands of years of faith in all religions mean nothing? Give me a break.

Tanker

Leave a comment:

• firemanpat29
    replied
    Judgement day

Catholic OH jesus
    Jewish OH lord
    Islamic OH alah
    Athiest OH SH*T

Leave a comment:

• MOTOWN88
    replied
    Godless heathens. What is the symbol for an Athiest???

I feel the need to go to confession now I am having bad thoughts and uttering many many bad words about this.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by tanker5117
    you mean there is an atheists sysmbol? what is it, nothing?

Tanker
    It's the atomic symbol with the letter A as the nucleus of the atom.

Leave a comment:

• tanker5117
    replied
    you mean there is an atheists sysmbol? what is it, nothing?

Tanker

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    I heard that "coo coo clock" on the Laura Ingraham show on the radio the other night last night while I was putting around in my garage.

She stated that she would have no problem with the "Ground Zero cross" if the Atheists symbol was also displayed on the site...

What a (expletive deleted) hypocrite!

Leave a comment:

• Adze39
    replied
    These people claim we, as Christians, are pushing our ideals upon them. However, by taking away a natural phenomenon and taking words like "Under God" out from the Pledge, they are forcing their beliefs on everyone else.

If you don't want to see a cross...don't look at it!

If you don't want to say "Under God"...don't say it!

If you don't like "In God We Trust"...don't use our money!...oh wait...they don't complain about that.

We don't force them to say or look at anything because we respect their rights. In just return, they should respect ours.

Leave a comment:

• CJMinick390
    replied
    Well put, Rev.

Leave a comment:

• IACOJRev
    replied
    Re: WTC cross

Originally posted by tanker5117
    The American Atheists objects to the cross at ground zero because they say it's a religious emblem.

Ellen Johnson, president of American Atheists based in New Jersey, told The Trentonian newspaper that the cross is -- in her words -- ``a Christian religious advertisement.'' Johnson said allowing the cross to remain, is -- in her words -- ``an insult to everyone who doesn't believe in that particular religion.''
    The great Constitution of the United States guarantees a person's freedom OF religion - it protects the right to choose to worship however you wish. The Constitution does not guarantee freedom FROM religion.

The law does not state that relious symbols and references cannot be displayed. It simply protects the citizens of our Nation from the government mandating a particular form of worship as the King of England did a few hundred years ago - thus causing a bunch of folks to move here and form the United States of America.

I respect the American Athiests choice not to acknowlege the God whom I serve. However, if the members of this organization knew what they were doing, they would insist that every human and animal were killed, every tree cut down, every star removed from the sky. Because these are all things that HE created and they proclaim His Glorious Majesty.

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Yes, the debris fell naturally into the form of the cross. It wasn't "deliberately" raised on behalf of Christians. It WAS like Neil said, a symbol rising out of the destruction that many took comfort from.

Leave a comment:

• tanker5117
    replied
    The rev is indeed biting his tongue.

Come on, Rev, lets hear your thoughts.

Tanker

Leave a comment:

• captstanm1
    replied
    Niel...I do beleive you are correct.... Those two beams were cause as a result of a natural phenomenon.

In response to the group.... I agree with those who say..."don't look!" If that does not work...MOVE! Try living in Afghanistan or Iraq...I don't beleive they have crosses there....just crosshares from a terrorist's gun!

I see the reverand is biting his tongue
    Last edited by captstanm1; 09-09-2003, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NeilMcD
    replied
    Originally posted by CJMinick390
    I agree with Pfire on this one. While you have a right to express your opinion in the US, others also have the right to ignore you and/or tell you to bug off. It's gotten to the point where anything offends someone. There's lots of stuff going on that I don't like. I don't whine about it, I ignore it. This is just a way for someone to jump up and down and say "look at me."
    Amen to CJMinick's post. I'm not particularly religious and strongly support efforts to separate government from religion and vice versa.

As I understand it, the WTC cross was a naturally left there as part of the collapse (as unnatural the collapse was). I don't recall hearing anyone saying that the workers at Ground Zero cut the beams to actually FORM a cross. This is something that happened as a result of a major tragedy. Some people find their own particular comfort in seeing a christian symbol appear out of such destruction and may interpret it as a sign from God. Others, like myself, may see it as one symbol in a tragedy that has inspired 3,000+ symbols, including the now-famous number 343.

Hope that made sense.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X