X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hwoods
    replied
    AWRIGHT!!...............

Way to go, CB, Congrats. Shall we presume that this means that you have finally mastered the matter of which end gets the EOA? Stay Safe....

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Buff:
    To quote a SouthPark notable:
    FOLLOW YOUR DREAM; KICK ***!
    Best of luck to you.
    CR

Leave a comment:

• brubaker
    replied
    Congrats CollegeBuff on your new EMT job!

Hey congrats from an EMT-1D in California.
    You'll have fun. Sounds like you could benfit from the Allan Hancock College EMS Academy in Santa Maria, California. I'm currently enrolled in it and I am an EMT-1D. Here's the link for more info on it... I am a member of EMS Academy 9...The Academy kicks ***...It's tough and Quasi Military, but I love it...It's a blast!

http://www.hancockcollege.edu/newsan...D=&subject=507

Anyway drive safe and you'll be fine...Just watch out for the [email protected]@Holes who love to cut us off when we're driving code 3 or priority one to a cardiac arrest call, or the one's who pretend not to hear our sirens or see our lights till it's too late.

Good Luck and God Bless,

Bruce , 19, EMT-1D, California
    Last edited by brubaker; 09-22-2003, 09:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeBuff
    replied
    My first day wasn't bad at all- I was with another Basic, so no interesting ALS stuff; pretty bread and butter. Same today, mostly- Basic partner, 2 routine runs, and then a 300-pound invalid senile incontenent Spanish-speaking female going from her 90+ degree second-floor apartment to our main receiving hospital for a nursing home evaluation. The family called the fire department for the removal/transportation, they called us. Joy.

Myself and my parter, the FD ambulance crew, and a ladder company later, we transported to the ER (patient having "let go" twice before we even left the apartment, once all over our stair chair but thankfuly not on any personnel). We found ourselves much more shorthanded there, and managed to enlist an unbusy ambluance crew member from Warwick to move the patient onto the ER gurney (thanks Rescue 1!). The move wasn't pretty but we got it done. After some good hard decon we were back in service, but that turned out to be our last run.

Further bulletins as events warrant!!!

Leave a comment:

• captstanm1
    replied
    Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• Adze39
    replied
    Re: Update, for those interested

Originally posted by CollegeBuff
    Btw, we do "details" because our company is the official ambulance service of the Pawtucket Red Sox and the Dunkin Donuts Center Providence, in addition to individual events both small and large.
    Liar!!!! Rhode Island does not have any large events!!!!

How was your first day of work?

Leave a comment:

• CollegeBuff
    replied
    if I get around to going to a P-B's game this winter I'll have to see if your working the detail that day
    Winter details are tough to come by, but I'll see what I can do!

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    AWESOME CB! You're really on your way now!

Leave a comment:

• Armyfirerescue
    replied
    Congrats Buff. I worked for a private ambulance service before I was sent over here. I enjoyed it alot. Though sometimes the hours were a pain. I was shuffled around, I started working 24 hour shifts, loved them. Worked two 24's, then one 12, lotsa overtime! Then they needed an overnight dispatcher, so I did that. 5 days a week working midnight to 8 am. That sucked! No O/T at all. Then they fired two people from the ambulances, so I was back on the bus. But the two they fired worked day shift (5-5) so I didn't like that much. Then I came over here. And then the company I worked for got bought out by another company who I don't want to work for, so I'll be job hunting when I get home. Yippee...well, good luck, you'll enjoy it! Beware some of the actions of old people though, they'll make you laugh, make you cry, just pray you're not in the back when they choose to die...that was bad, I'm sorry...

Stay safe,

Matt

Leave a comment:

• CollegeBuff
    replied
    Originally posted by cfdeng3
    Congratulations, I am assuming that you will be working for New England. I worked for Universal before getting on the FD and I used to have a ball. Will you be driving that hideous thing they received from the last Olympics? Good Luck.
    Worse than that Tom- we've got TWO of them. Haven't been stuck with either of them yet, but I haven't heard a good word about them since I got there.

For the first month or so I'm filling holes in the schedule, so I won't be on the same truck every day- Monday I'm on the 8-4 truck, Tuesday the 9-5 truck, and so on.... bouncing around like that, I figure its just a matter of time.

I've got a friend from my B class looking at Universal, if I hear good things back from her I might be tempted to jump ship, although New England IS pretty good about a lot of stuff.... like, sacking out between runs, computer in the bunkroom, stuff like that. I *heard* that Universal is a lot more strict about downtime.

Leave a comment:

• MFDExplorer51
    replied
    Well, seeing as you are relieved and glad to be leaving your non emergency affiliated occupation. Congratulations on not being a banker or whatever you were!

And a big congrats in going into the emergency medical services! Good Luck.

BTW, dont break a leg, drive a guy who broke his leg to the hospital . (Bad Bad joke )

Leave a comment:

• Adze39
    replied
    Good luck and have fun with your new job!

Leave a comment:

• CharlieRFDPres
    replied
    You got one of those too.......

Originally posted by cfdeng3
    Congratulations, I am assuming that you will be working for New England. I worked for Universal before getting on the FD and I used to have a ball. Will you be driving that hideous thing they received from the last Olympics? Good Luck.
    My local Vol Ambulance got one of those UGLY @$^*&#%$&* things too, everyone tries to avoid using it, but the $$$ saved made the deal. Not set up too good in the back either.

Be Safe Out There.

Leave a comment:

• jaybird210
    replied
    Congrats, Buff! Good to hear you're making the plunge!

Leave a comment:

• cfdeng3
    replied

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X