• Show
Clear All

• Marital Bliss Ends At Reception

From the Hartford Courant (picture of the bride on the website):

Marital Bliss Ends At Reception
    Police Arrest Agitated Bride

August 19, 2003
    By DAN UHLINGER, Courant Staff Writer

SOUTH WINDSOR -- If Adrienne Samen ever forgets the details of her wedding reception, the police will be able to provide her with an official account, including a photograph.

The 18-year-old North Haven woman was arrested Saturday night after police said she "flipped out" at the Mill on the River Restaurant, cursed workers who asked some of her guests to leave the bar and then stormed out of the establishment.

According to Helmar Wolf, a co-owner of the restaurant, the bride and groom began to argue in the parking lot, where the bride shouted, "I hate you!" Soon after, Wolf said, the angry young woman "started throwing wedding cake and smashed vases of flowers."

Samen continued cursing and jumped spread eagle onto a car as it was leaving the parking lot, Wolf said. She eventually fell off and the car left.

Police were called about 7 p.m. and found Samen walking along Route 30 in her wedding dress. Witnesses told police she was intoxicated.

The officers tried to talk to Samen, but the woman made an obscene gesture and kept walking along the busy road, yelling at people in a car who had come from the wedding party and were driving slowly beside her, trying to calm her down, police said.

The officers spent about 40 minutes trying to reason with the bride, but finally gave up and arrested her when she started darting into traffic, shouting at people, said Sgt. Matthew D. Reed.

After placing the 5-foot-1, 87-pound woman into the cruiser, an officer questioned the wedding guests in their car. Reed said that during the questioning the officer heard a "thump, thump, thump" coming from the cruiser.

When he turned around, he saw Samen kicking at the cruiser's window and door, Reed said. The officer went back to the cruiser and tried to put a seat belt on Samen, who tried to bite him, Reed said.

Samen was taken to police headquarters, where she was charged with breach of peace and third-degree criminal mischief. She was released about 10:30 p.m. after posting $1,000 bail. She could not be reached Monday.

Reed said Samen refused to cooperate at police headquarters.

"The last thing we want to do is arrest a bride on her wedding night, but this was a situation where she had to be taken under control," Reed said.

Samen is scheduled to appear Aug. 28 in Manchester Superior Court.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

ROTFLMAO she is a fiesty little thing
    IACOJ Membership 2002
    {15}

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

Comment

Rumor has it that alcohol was involved.
      PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

......ahh yes, those wonderful Connecticut weddings....

Reminds me off the time the ex-boyfriend showed up at the reception with a shotgun.....I guess he objected.

Comment

Any word on who caught the bouquet?
          CR
          Visit www.iacoj.com
          Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
          RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

I saw cheffie holding some flowers...
            Resident Chaplain of the IACOJ

Comment

After placing the 5-foot-1, 87-pound woman into the cruiser
              What the article failed to mention was the fact that this wedding actually took place in Munchkin land.
              Any word on who caught the bouquet?
              Ahhh ... I think that would be the groom ... although, I'm not sure "caught" is the right word.
              the bride and groom began to argue in the parking lot, where the bride shouted, "I hate you!" Soon after, Wolf said, the angry young woman "started throwing wedding cake and smashed vases of flowers."
              Besides, I'm more concerned about who caught the garter ... apparently they didn't do a very good job of putting it on whoever caught the bouquet (assuming it was, in fact, NOT the groom).

Stay Safe

Comment

well at leat they are starting early !
                IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Nice tat,s is that the Grooms name I see
                  J.B.WEIR
                  Summerville Vol Fire Dept
                  Pride In Service !

Comment

Hmmmm, why does the term white trash come to mind here? Only 18 years old. Something tells me she's a little to immature to be getting married.
                    I'll put 20 on it lasting 6 months.............
                    IACOJ

Comment

I'll put 20 on it lasting 6 months.............
                      That's if it lasted that night!
                      The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn...

Comment

Oh, be assured, it'll last long enough to pop out at least one kid.......
                        IACOJ

Comment

Reminds me of one some years ago here in WI. The "happy" couple got into a domestic at their motel on their wedding night (in Sept or Oct). Come Valentine's Day, he didn't give her any flowers. But he did stab her 7 times and collapse both lungs. She made it. As far as I know, they didn't have any further marital problems - of course he wasn't around very much after that.
                          Joe O'Keefe

Comment

Wedding bells

Lady Capn, do I detect a mere hint of sarcasm? For once in my life I freely admit "Womans Intuition " is not a long lost part of witchcraft.Just a thought if the poor grooms wife acts like that--and children copy the parent, what on earth does the Mother in Law look like!
                            "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
                            Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Comment

Oh god mother-in-laws (or as we like to call them the outlaws) that's a entirely different thread!
                              The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X