Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MalahatTwo7
    MembersZone Subscriber
    • Mar 2002

Maybe you Dover, OH boys should take a read of this kids name and remember it. Might see him again, looking for a future Darwin Award?

Boy, 4, Cut Out Of Washing Machine. Firefighters Use Jaws Of Life To Extricate Stuck Child

POSTED: 12:41 pm EST February 5, 2008
    UPDATED: 12:48 pm EST February 5, 2008

DOVER, Ohio -- Talk about an oversized load: A 4-year-old boy got stuck when he climbed into his family's top-loading washing machine, and firefighters had to use a metal cutter to slice into the appliance to get him out.

Donovan Hasseman, who wasn't hurt, was wedged up against the agitator with a knee folded against his chest, while the machine was empty and not running Sunday night, Dover Fire Capt. Mike Mossor said.

Firefighters responding to a 911 call from the boy's mother tried to help him wriggle out, but he couldn't move, Mossor said. The owner of an appliance store was then called in for advice on how to take the washer apart.

The fire department wound up using its hydraulic Jaws of-Life tool normally used to remove crash victims from wrecked vehicles to cut through the machine's walls and plastic tub.

The child cried and screamed at times while stuck but was calm once he was freed, Mossor said.

A hospital looked him over then released him, and he was given a stuffed bear which the family has named Agitator.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press.

Just glad to hear he came out ok in the end.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• rhvfd1214
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2007

Well, there's something to think about...

Actually, I just wanted to post this before Malahat had the chance.. Another reason to "Just Say NO."

Cervical cancer virus hits men
      Study: HPV causing more oral cancers
      By Mike Stobbe
      Associated Press
      Saturday, February 2, 2008

ATLANTA -- The sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer in women is poised to become one of the leading causes of oral cancer in men, according to a new study.

The HPV virus now causes as many cancers of the upper throat as tobacco and alcohol, probably due both to an increase in oral sex and the decline in smoking, researchers say.

The only available vaccine against HPV, made by Merck & Co. Inc., is currently given only to girls and young women. But Merck plans this year to ask government permission to offer the shot to boys.

Experts say a primary reason for male vaccinations would be to prevent men from spreading the virus and help reduce the nearly 12,000 cases of cervical cancer diagnosed in U.S. women each year. But the new study should add to the argument that there may be a direct benefit for men, too.

"We need to start having a discussion about those cancers other than cervical cancer that may be affected in a positive way by the vaccine," said study co-author Dr. Maura Gillison of Johns Hopkins University.

The study was published Friday in the Journal of Clinical Oncology.

Human papillomavirus, or HPV, is the leading cause of cervical cancer in women. It also can cause genital warts, penile and anal cancer -- risks for males that don't get the same attention as cervical cancer.

Previous research by Gillison and others established HPV as a primary cause of the estimated 5,600 cancers that occur each year in the tonsils, lower tongue and upper throat. It's also been known that the virus' role in such cancers has been rising.

The new study looked at more than 30 years of National Cancer Institute data on oral cancers. Researchers categorized about 46,000 cases, using a formula to divide them into those caused by HPV and those not connected to the virus.

They concluded the incidence rates for HPV-related oral cancers rose steadily in men from 1973 to 2004, becoming about as common as those from tobacco and alcohol.
      I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
        MembersZone Subscriber
        • Mar 2002

My Momma always taught me not to talk when my mouth was full. heheeheheee
        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

• firecat1
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2007

rhvfd1214 and MalahatTwo7: EWWWWWWWWW

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
            MembersZone Subscriber
            • Mar 2002

Just in case you were wondering?

Barnacles the studs of the sea. Jamie Hall, Canwest News Service

Published: Friday, February 08, 2008

EDMONTON -- In a barnacle's world, it's not just size that matters, it's shape, too.

And it turns out they have both.

Two University of Alberta marine biologists have discovered that barnacles are the best-endowed of all species --with penises that can reach up to eight times their body length.

The invertebrate animals, which spend their entire lives attached to rocks, are able to change not only the size but the shape of their penises to better reach potential mates.

This sexual feat is directly related to the force of wave motion within their habitat.

Chris Neufeld and Richard Palmer, whose findings were published yesterday in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B, a biological research journal, already knew from past projects that intertidal barnacles could rapidly change the length of their feeding legs to catch food in the water to deal with the wide range of water velocities they experienced.

The question then became: Does it apply to other appendages?

The answer was yes.

The pair conducted their research at the Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre on the west coast of Vancouver Island, where they sampled barnacles collected from Barclay Sound in a wide range of variations in wave force.

When wave action was light, the barnacles' penises became longer and thinner, in higher wave action they became shorter and stouter, in both cases to make them more manoeuvrable in the flow of water and thus able to reach more mates.

Barnacles are hermaphrodites, so they can mate with males or females, Neufeld explained.

© Times Colonist (Victoria) 2008
            =========

Errr... uummmm Get a load of this guys "Mug Shot"

Toe-Licking Robber Sentenced To Probation
            Man Gets Five Years Probation

POSTED: 1:46 pm EST February 7, 2008
            UPDATED: 2:15 pm EST February 7, 2008

MINNEAPOLIS -- A man was sentenced Wednesday to five years probation for robbing a woman of her keys and cell phone, then licking her toes.

Carlton Jermaine Davis, 26, was warned that he faces 21 months in prison if he fails to complete his probation.

According to a criminal complaint, Davis approached the woman around 1 a.m. on Sept. 9 as she was leaving work and forced her to put her phone and purse inside a bag.

Then he told her, "Now I'm going to suck your feet."

Attached Files
            Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 02-08-2008, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Raughammer1
              Forum Member
              • May 2007

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
              Just in case you were wondering?

Then he told her, "Now I'm going to suck your feet."

[/b]
              Oh man, that is just so wrong...

*shudder*
              Change We Can Believe In.

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
                MembersZone Subscriber
                • Mar 2002

Originally posted by Raughammer1
                Oh man, that is just so wrong...

*shudder*
                BUT, look at the mug photo. :o I stopped wondering after I saw the pic.

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
                  MembersZone Subscriber
                  • Mar 2002

Umm.... eeerrrrr.. Ya. Ok.

Workday Ends, Driver Leaves Parolees On Bus
                  Police Say Driver Left Because Her Work Hours Were Over

POSTED: 10:35 am EST February 15, 2008
                  UPDATED: 11:00 am EST February 15, 2008

CORSICANA, Texas -- A driver who apparently took her work rules very seriously abandoned a bus full of former prisoners along a highway because her hours for the day were over, police said.

The 40 passengers had been paroled or released from the state prison in Huntsville. Some wore ankle bracelet monitors.

They were aboard a charter bus that was headed Thursday to a terminal in Dallas but wound up 60 miles short.

"In 31 years in law enforcement I've never seen anything like this," Corsicana Police Sgt. Lamoin Lawhon said.

Police said the bus was chartered from Greyhound Bus Lines Inc. The driver pulled over in front of a convenience store around 4 p.m. and told the passengers her allotted driving time was up and another driver was on the way.

A clerk in the convenience store called police. Officers arrived to find the former prisoners milling around the bus.

Dispatchers exchanged several phone calls with Greyhound and prison officials while Lawhon and two other officers stayed with the bus and the passengers.

Just before 7 p.m., a second bus arrived with three drivers -- including the one who had abandoned her passengers in the first place, Lawhon said.

Greyhound spokesman Dustin Clark said company officials were investigating the incident. "It is a very serious matter," he said.

Clark said drivers have to follow strict guidelines on consecutive working hours and rest periods.

Police said there were no incidents involving the passengers while they were stranded.

"Their behavior was exemplary," Officer Travis Wallace said.

Comment

• firecat1
                    Forum Member
                    • Sep 2007

Whatever happened to safe sex?

A German woman who became pregnant after an online sex auction has won a court battle to force the Web site that held the sale to reveal the winners' names - so she can find out who the father is.

Six men last spring won Internet auctions to have sex with the woman, who lives in Stuttgart. They were only known to her by their online names.

The court ruled her child has the right to know: Who's your daddy?

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
                      MembersZone Subscriber
                      • Mar 2002

Ok. I'm not 100% sure, but am pretty sure I can't top that one.

In other news this past weekend.... A Man With Three Kidneys.

Florida Man Hopes To Donate 3rd Kidney
                      Police Officer Hopes To Help Man With Renal Kidney Failure

POSTED: 5:04 pm EST February 15, 2008

FORT PIERCE, Fla. -- A police officer in Florida hopes his rare medical condition will allow him to help a man facing a long wait for a new kidney, reported West Palm Beach, Fla., TV station WPBF.

Dean Ovshak, a Fort Pierce police officer, has three kidneys. That makes him and Ricky Williams, who suffers from renal kidney failure, potentially a perfect match.

Up until two and a half years ago, Williams had a pretty normal life. With a wife of 21 years, two children, and a secure good paying job, his world turned upside down after a routine physical diagnosed his kidney problems.

"It was pretty shocking at the one time cause I never thought like that cause I've been pretty healthy and everything and this was a terrible blow to me now," Williams said.

Williams needs a new kidney and is one of 98,000 people on the kidney donor list.

As a police officer, Ovshak is used to helping people in need. When he heard Williams talk about his blood type on WPBF, he reached out.

"I noticed that he was an O-positive blood type, and I'm O-positive and so I thought I'd e-mail you and see if I was a possible candidate for kidney donation," Ovshak said. "I was in the hospital at one time and the doctors had mentioned that I had a third kidney."

Having three kidneys is rare, but not impossible.

"So I thought if I got three I can easily spare one. Even if I had two I would be willing to do it if we were a match," Ovshak said.

The Williams have two children who both attend Florida A&M University. Their son, Brian, majors in computer science and their daughter, Roquitta, is working on a degree in sociology. Their father's wish: "I definitely want to see them graduate and I want to see them have kids here," Williams said.

Ovshak hopes to fulfill William's wish.

"Well, if I'm compatible, hopefully it will help him out and give him a better chance to live a little bit longer and spend more time with his family," Ovshak said.

Ovshak has to get in touch with a worker from the kidney donor list and set up an appointment. Ovshak and the Williams' look forward to the day they meet face to face.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting.

Perty kuul story if you ask me. Best wishes and prayers that all works out the way it is planned for both families.

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
                        MembersZone Subscriber
                        • Mar 2002

Maybe I can't top 'Cats story, but I'm sure gonna try!

health

Fake Stripping, Hoops Can Improve Fitness. Hula Hoops, Jump Ropes Part Of Serious Exercise

Darlene Dunn, Staff writer UPDATED: 7:56 am EST February 19, 2008

If you want to lose a few pounds while laughing, you may need to forget about taking a jog or running on the treadmill.

Three unusual types of exercises can help you smile while on a journey to a thinner physique.

How Many Calories? | Fun Exercises

Tricia Murphy, founder of Urban Striptease, said time flies during a striptease workout, for instance.

"Sometimes when you take a cycling or step aerobics class, you find yourself looking at the clock," she said. "You will not look at the clock with strip aerobics."

The workout burns about 300 calories on average, she said.

"You will have a great physique," Murphy said. "Your abs will be strong and your bottom will be lifted."

Murphy is an American Council on Exercise and Aerobics and Fitness Association of America certified aerobic instructor who has taught fitness since 1994. She said striptease is a great workout, but that it should be part of a person's complete workout plan, which should include aerobics or weight lifting.

Workouts range from light to strenuous. A striptease aerobics workout is considered moderate.

According to Medicinenet.com,, an hour of moderate activities such as walking and cycling will burn about 460 calories for a man and 370 for a woman, while very strenuous activity such as running will burn 920 calories for a man and 740 calories for a woman.

Clothes On Or Off?

Your clothing remains on during a striptease aerobics workout.

"It is great cross training," she said. "Your body wants to be challenged in a different way each time you go to the gym."

Murphy said a striptease aerobics workout three times a week helps women shed a pound or two a month, but it also depends on how much energy is exerted.

Additionally, the exercise is great for women's mental health, because they are having fun, smiling, laughing, feeling confident and sexy and getting in shape all at the same time, Murphy said.

Skinny On Striptease Aerobics

Striptease aerobics is a fairly new workout routine. Murphy said it was introduced in 2002 by Jeff Costas in Los Angeles at a gym called Crunch.

Carmen Electra, who was enrolled in the class, soon launched a striptease aerobics DVD, which serves as great marketing for striptease aerobics classes across the country, Murphy said.

Electra has recently released "Vegas Strip" and "In The Bedroom."

Utilizing such DVDs allows for workouts at home, but there are hundreds of striptease aerobics instructors across the country and the class is offered in many communities. Check your local gym or search for classes online.

Hoop Pounds Off

Hooping is another exercise that is fun and exciting. It is also likely to remind many of their childhood. It is a tad bit different than the days of standing in your back yard playing with a Hula Hoop, however.

Diana Lopez's company, Body Hoops, provides hoops and instructional DVDs with adults in mind. The hoops are weighted so that they can stay up on the hips, because many adults face difficulties keeping a children's hoop up.

"Hooping can burn up to 100 calories per 10 minutes," she said. "But it really depends on how much energy you put into it. You have to challenge yourself."

Lopez added that hooping is great to strengthen a person's core -- the abs and back. Starting out, you may not be able to go for 50 minutes, but starting at 10 minutes and working your way up is a good strategy. It is also good as a supplemental workout.

"It's fun," she said. "It makes you smile and feel like a child again."

Lopez's "Hoop Dance Fusion" video lasts about 50 minutes and includes a total body workout using the hoop.

Jumping Your Way To Fitness

Another fun exercise that will take you back to the days when you had unlimited energy is jumping rope.

Some may choose to simply jump a regular rope, but this form of exercise has several tools to help make it even more fun while burning even more calories.

Martin Winkler founded a company that sets out to do just that. RopeSport offers jump ropes, CDs and instructional DVDs that help participants burn up to 1,000 calories an hour.

"You'll be having so much fun that you'll get in incredible shape without even knowing it," Winkler said.

Winkler said jumping rope is great because it tones muscles in the entire body while optimizing cardiovascular conditioning and endurance.

"While jumping rope does wonders for your lower body, the constant turning motion of the rope is fantastic for your upper body also," he said. "The fat burning potential is phenomenal -- up to 1,000 calories an hour."

Winkler said jumping rope looks cool and is easy to learn.

"You can jump to any style of music, and I often tell students that you're just dancing with the rope," Winkler said.

Whether an exercise regimen is already in place or not, striptease aerobics, hooping and jumping rope are exercises that can help burn calories and shed pounds while having fun.

Other Links:

Put Adventure In Exercise
                        Fitness For Kids Who Hate Sports
                        Can Gardening Keep You Fit?

Recent Health Features:

Skip Personal Trainer, But Get Help
                        Juice Diet Claims To Cut 21 Pounds
                        Hormones Can Aid Sex After 40
                        Small Goals Lead To Big Fitness Gains
                        Cold Doesn't Have To Stop Runners, Golfers

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
                          MembersZone Subscriber
                          • Mar 2002

Teen Uses Truck To Save Granddad From Bull Bull Nearly Tramples Man To Death

POSTED: 9:31 am EST February 21, 2008
                          UPDATED: 11:22 am EST February 21, 2008

LIVINGSTON, Tenn. -- A 13-year-old boy from Overton County managed to save his granddad from a raging bull by using a family vehicle.

On Friday afternoon, Aubrey Presley, 75, was routinely feeding a bull on his son's farm when the animal became enraged and nearly trampled him to death, WSMV-TV in Nashville reported.

"I'd already made up in my mind that I wasn't going to make it," said Presley.

Presley said he believes he owes his life to his grandson. The seventh-grader used his father's truck to stop the attack.

"I was driving right through here and hit the bull, turned and was driving him," said Cole Presley, who wasn't in school that day because of sickness.

Cole's grandfather suffered six broken ribs and lots of bruises.

"I think the good Lord was with him and me, too. He just wasn't ready for me to go," said Aubrey Presley.

Cole Presley said he believes the bull went crazy because it had been raised as a pet.

Since the teen is under 16 years old, he's not allowed to officially drive, but his parents said his chores sometimes involve driving the truck and hauling farm items.

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
                            MembersZone Subscriber
                            • Mar 2002

Government Still Declares Living Woman Dead Woman's Tax Return Rejected

POSTED: 9:59 am EST February 21, 2008
                            UPDATED: 11:56 am EST February 21, 2008

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A woman who had been considered dead found out recently that the government still doesn't believe she's alive.

According to government paperwork, Laura Todd has been dead off and on for eight years, and Todd said there's no end to the complications the situation creates, WSMV-TV in Nashville reported.

"One time when I (was) ruled dead, they canceled my health insurance because it got that far," she said.

Todd's struggle started with a typo at the Social Security Administration. She said the government has assured her since the problem that they have deleted her death record, but she said the problems keep cropping up.

On Wednesday, the IRS once again rejected her electronic tax return. She said she's gone through it before.

"I will not be eligible for my refund. I'm not eligible for my rebate. I mean, I can't do anything with it," she said.

The problem is more common than people might think, the television station reported.

According to a government audit, Social Security had to resurrect more than 23,000 people in a period of less than two years.

The audit said the lack of documentation in the Social Security computer makes it impossible for the government's auditors to determine if the people are dead or alive.

Illinois resident Jay Liebenow also was declared dead.

He said Todd is now more vulnerable to identity theft because after someone dies, Social Security releases that person's personal information on computer discs. He said the information is sold to anyone who wants it, like the Web site Ancestry.com.

"Her personal identification is available in anyone's living room," Liebenow said.

"I thought, 'That's just horrible. It's never going to be over for me,'" Todd said.

Todd said she hopes that someone in Washington, D.C., will take notice so she can live a peaceful life. Todd has an appointment with the office of Rep. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.) on Friday.

In an e-mail, IRS representative Dan Boone said: "The IRS uses data from the Social Security Administration to update taxpayer accounts. Corrections to that data input by SSA normally post to the IRS database within seven to 14 days.

"Incorrect tax account data may cause an electronically-filed tax return to be rejected by the IRS. When a person has had an ongoing tax account problem, the IRS can monitor the person's tax account and notify him or her once it has updated with correct data. After the update, filing a return electronically should not be a problem."

There must be a certain amount of "freedom" in being declared dead, isn't there? :o

Comment

• Raughammer1
                              Forum Member
                              • May 2007

Those cheeky blokes down under...

Australian penis artist bids for top art prize

SYDNEY (Reuters) - A cheeky artist who uses his p*nis as a brush has entered a racy self-portrait for Australia's top art prize.

Australian Tim Patch, who calls himself Pricasso, usually exposes his talents at sex product fairs around the world, but has decided to go upmarket by entering a painting for Australia's Archibald Prize -- the nation's top award for portraiture.
                              In a unique painting style, Patch does not use paint brushes, but his p*nis to apply paint to the canvas.
                              "I had to use my bum to paint in the background, because you have to have the occasional break," Patch told the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper on Wednesday.
                              Patch entered a painting of a plastic surgeon in last year's Archibald Prize, but failed to impress the judges. This year's entry depicts a nude Patch, wearing only a hat, holding a blank canvas to hide his "brush".
                              The Art Gallery of New South Wales in Sydney expects up to 700 portraits to be entered for the 2008 Archibald Prize, with the finalists to be announced in March.
                              (Reporting by James Grubel; Editing by Michael Perry and Jerry Norton)
                              Change We Can Believe In.

Comment

• volfirie
                                Forum Member
                                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Raughammer1
                                Australian penis artist bids for top art prize

SYDNEY (Reuters) - A cheeky artist who uses his p*nis as a brush has entered a racy self-portrait for Australia's top art prize.

Australian Tim Patch, who calls himself Pricasso, usually exposes his talents at sex product fairs around the world, but has decided to go upmarket by entering a painting for Australia's Archibald Prize -- the nation's top award for portraiture.
                                In a unique painting style, Patch does not use paint brushes, but his p*nis to apply paint to the canvas.
                                "I had to use my bum to paint in the background, because you have to have the occasional break," Patch told the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper on Wednesday.
                                Patch entered a painting of a plastic surgeon in last year's Archibald Prize, but failed to impress the judges. This year's entry depicts a nude Patch, wearing only a hat, holding a blank canvas to hide his "brush".
                                The Art Gallery of New South Wales in Sydney expects up to 700 portraits to be entered for the 2008 Archibald Prize, with the finalists to be announced in March.
                                (Reporting by James Grubel; Editing by Michael Perry and Jerry Norton)

It's a ***** of a job - but somebody's got to do it! (Am I glad I'm not from Sydney...)
                                "Professional" means your attitude to the job...

Nullus Anxietas ..... (T Pratchett)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...