No announcement yet.

Weird But True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Ms Kitty. I saw this in the morning rag here.

No worries, I am not, nor have I ever held a lap top on my lap!

I can't operate the thing on my lap, it is study enough for me.

Just maybe that is what happen to crowbar!! Using a lap top in his lap and mess up his brains!!!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

• File it under "Thinning the herd".

Originally posted by firecat1 View Post
      This kinda makes you think twice. Both times for "how/why could/would someone NOT remove something hot from their lap?"

p.s. Male readers, ya might wanna pay attention to the paragraph in red.

No laps for warm laptops; skin damage is possible

Mon Oct 4, 12:33 PM
      By Lindsey Tanner, The Associated Press

CHICAGO - People who work with a laptop computer sitting on their lap might want to rethink that habit.

Doing it a lot can lead to "toasted skin syndrome," an unusual-looking mottled skin condition caused by long-term heat exposure, according to medical reports.

In one recent case, a 12-year-old boy developed a sponge-patterned skin discoloration on his left thigh after playing computer games a few hours every day for several months.

"He recognized that the laptop got hot on the left side; however, regardless of that, he did not change its position," Swiss researchers reported in an article published Monday in the journal Pediatrics.

A medical report several years ago found that men who used laptops on their laps had elevated scrotum temperatures. If prolonged, that kind of heat can decrease sperm production, which can potentially lead to infertility. Whether laptop use itself can cause that kind of harm hasn't been confirmed.

Comment

• The last laptop I had was hot...

... oops... different kind of laptop.

FM1
        I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
        "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

• There is a book called "Packing for Mars" by Mary Roach which touches(sorry) on this subject.She lists an alleged incident where an experiment was performed on a shuttle mission proving that the head between the legs position gave the best results.Then she mentions that the mission in question came AFTER a purported study was released and was one of the last all male crews.
          As to the author,she is no female Poindexter.She looks like the type of date where the evening would end with a call to a bail bondsman and an arraignment hearing being scheduled and not because her husband was upset over having to pay for his meal.
          Originally posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
          Space sex a no-no, says NASA commander

By QMI Agency Last Updated: June 28, 2010 8:44pm

There's no sex in space for astronauts at the International Space Station, says a NASA commander.

When pressed on the topic of zero-gravity intimacy, NASA commander Alan Poindexter told a press conference in Tokyo Monday that sex and relationships at the International Space Station are frowned upon.

"We are a group of professionals," Poindexter told reporters. "We treat each other with respect and we have a great working relationship. Personal relationships are not an issue. We don't have them and we won't."

Poindexter and six crew members recently returned from a two-week resupply mission at the International Space Station. It was the first time four women were in orbit at the same time.

The topic of sex in space has prompted speculation over the years.

{'Round here "Poindexter" is usually a name that is used in a deragatory manner, to indicate some brainiac type person with little or no people skills. The word has mostly gone out of use, but everytime I read it, I gotta wonder.}

Comment

• Originally posted by Robertsc View Post
            Thank G-d that there is no cure for stupid . We would all be outta jobs.
            "nobody ever called the fire department for doing somthing smart"..love this quote

Comment

• December 3, 2010 -- A Jackson, Mo., man avoided DWI charges recently by claiming he began drinking to keep warm while waiting for help after – not before – driving his vehicle into a culvert . Thomas Drummond, who crashed his car was found innocent of drunk driving charges after the jury deliberated for almost an hour last week. Drummond reportedly testified that, after a night out with friends, he missed a turn on his way home, attempted to stop and skidded off the road in icy conditions. He maintained he was sober while he was driving, but that it took more than two hours for emergency crews to arrive. Missouri State Highway Patrol trooper Jeff McCullough, a witness called by assistant prosecuting attorney Julia Koester, said fire and other emergency personnel arrived on the scene around 4 a.m. They found Drummond unresponsive and stuck in a deep culvert at the end of a private driveway. The engine was running and the transmission was in park.
              ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
              NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
              CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
              LT. John Ginley Engine 40
              FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
              FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
              FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
              FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
              FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
              FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
              FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
              FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
              FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
              "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
              *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Comment

• December 5, 2010 -- Only the finest spirits served. A Tennessee man was nabbed allegedly trying to deliver 83 jars of homemade moonshine to a Lake Wales, Fla., restaurant called "Cowboys." The head "cowgirl" at the inn also got busted, on a beverage-law rap.
                NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• Fox shoots man

Reuters January 14, 2011 Comments (20)

AFP MOSCOW - A wounded fox shot its would be killer in Belarus by pulling the trigger on the hunter's gun as the pair scuffled after the man tried to finish the animal off with the butt of the rifle, media said on Thursday.

The unnamed hunter, who had approached the fox after wounding it from a distance, was in hospital with a leg wound, while the fox made its escape, media said, citing prosecutors from the Grodno region.

"The animal fiercely resisted and in the struggle accidentally pulled the trigger with its paw," one prosecutor was quoted as saying.

Fox-hunting is popular in the picturesque farming region of northwestern Belarus which borders Poland.

© Copyright (c) Reuters

Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/wo...#ixzz1B21jamat
                  If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• February 26, 2011 -- It not just this kid's personality that's magnetic. The 7-year-old, from Serbia, has been attracting attention because his body is apparently magnetic, and all kinds of metal objects stick to it. The boy, named Bogdan, has even been able to keep a giant frying pan adhered to his chest. (I'm guessing it wasn't a nonstick skillet.)
                    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• This isn't really weird, it's just... inventive.
                      Last edited by firecat1; 08-17-2011, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• btw... 560.00 pounds = about 910.00 U.S. dollars and the total is actually over 8 million for the 25 years, based on today's currency rates.
                        Last edited by firecat1; 03-03-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• March 2, 20011 -- Evanston, Ill. - More than 100 Northwestern students watched as a naked woman was penetrated by a sex toy wielded by her boyfriend during an after-class session of the school’s popular “Human Sexuality” class. The Daily Northwestern quoted Bailey as saying,“Sticks and stones may break your bones, but watching naked people on stage doing pleasurable things will never hurt you.”
                          NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                          FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• Originally posted by E40FDNYL35 View Post
                            March 2, 20011 -- Evanston, Ill. - More than 100 Northwestern students watched as a naked woman was penetrated by a sex toy wielded by her boyfriend during an after-class session of the school’s popular “Human Sexuality” class. The Daily Northwestern quoted Bailey as saying,“Sticks and stones may break your bones, but watching naked people on stage doing pleasurable things will never hurt you.”

Thats was kind of nutty or something that should have been conducted in private or captain!

Get a sawzall and take the blade off and replace it with a, errrr, something that looks like a male part and then .......you know the story!
                            Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

• Originally posted by E40FDNYL35 View Post
                              March 2, 20011 -- Evanston, Ill. - More than 100 Northwestern students watched as a naked woman was penetrated by a sex toy wielded by her boyfriend during an after-class session of the school’s popular “Human Sexuality” class. The Daily Northwestern quoted Bailey as saying,“Sticks and stones may break your bones, but watching naked people on stage doing pleasurable things will never hurt you.”
                              Sounds like my visit through Amsterdam during the late 80's. Red Light District. Imagine a carnival hawker calling you to take a trip through the haunted house:

"Come in please. 85.00 Guilder for the first two drinks. Live sex show. Audience participation is encouraged."

Yes. Audience participation encouraged. We went in and paid our 85G only once, just to see. And YES. participation is more than just "encouraged"......

NO! We did not participate. This was a "view only" for us two NATO/UN troopers... well ok, my travel partner was a medic, but you get the point.
                              If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

• Squirrel attacking residents of Vt. neighborhood

Associated Press March 16, 2011 07:58 AM Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Wednesday, March 16, 2011

(03-16) 07:58 PDT Bennington, Vt. (AP)

A Vermont neighborhood is being stalked by a renegade gray squirrel.

Several people in Bennington say they've been attacked by a squirrel over the last few weeks.

Kevin McDonald tells the Bennington Banner he was shoveling snow when the squirrel jumped onto him. He says he threw the animal off, but it twice jumped back onto him. A game warden says there have been other reports, too.

One woman is being treated for exposure to rabies, but Vermont Public Health Veterinarian Robert Johnson says there's never been a case of a squirrel passing rabies to a human.

Johnson says it's possible the squirrel was raised as a pet and lost its fear of humans. He says the squirrel might "go ballistic" when it encounters people it doesn't recognize.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz1GxcJXiL5

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X