Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Weird But True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E40FDNYL35
    December 5, 2003 --"Attention, Wal-Mart shoppers! Sheriff's deputies in aisle 2." A judge in Goldsboro, N.C., ordered deputies to go to the local discount megastore and "shop" around for folks willing to volunteer as jurors. Seems there weren't enough potential jurors for an upcoming murder trial. The deputies met with lots of resistance from Christmas bargain-hunters, but came up with 50 possibles.

- and yet another reason to avoid the stores.

Comment

• December 6, 2003--- SNOWING STILL here in New York.
      Attached Files
      ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
      NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
      CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
      LT. John Ginley Engine 40
      FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
      FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
      FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
      FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
      FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
      FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
      FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
      FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
      FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
      "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
      *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Comment

• One of my favorite pics of you! I remember that day, weren't you outside shoveling snow for something like 6 hours straight?! hehehe

And weren't you just bragging a few days ago about it being 68 degrees?! Mother Nature's revenge! LMFAO
        September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
        IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
        Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• Hey Eng40!.. are those JET gloves I see you wearing??

PS I wish I was at home so I could go out and shovel some snow but I'm stuck here in my dorm room playing video games and watching Football

Comment

• I hear ya on that firefiftyfive... final exams next week and then I'm done for Christmas.

Comment

• Engine1321, your lucky I have another week of class and then finals and of course I have a final on the last possible day for the worst class ever..stupid arts&values.... I think I have slept more in that class than been awake...hahahaha

Soon enough we will be chillin at home with all the old friends putting some beers away..hahaha can't wait!!

Comment

• Where do you go to school and what are you majoring in?

Comment

• I go to Marist College in Poughkeepsie New York. Right now I am a criminal justice major! I dunno why just seeems to be the most interesting major. I don't really like school so I figure I'll try and make the best of it. (Aside from the partying).. Trying to get on a paid fire department, school is just taking up the time in between. sorry for all the info just went on a little rant..haha O by the way I'm a sophmore

Comment

• Weird...very sad......and true

Foraging pigs spark blaze in Cambodia, killing owner
                    PHNOM PENH, Cambodia (AP) - Five pigs searching for food ran
                    into their owner's house in Cambodia, knocked over a container of
                    gasoline and started a fire that killed the sleeping owner and
                    seriously injured his wife, a newspaper reported Monday.
                    Phan Sophal, 37, died from burn injuries in hospital after the
                    incident last Thursday in Kampong Speu province, 45 kilometers (30
                    miles) southwest of the capital, Phnom Penh, the Koh Santepheap
                    (Island of Peace) newspaper said.
                    The victim's 32-year-old wife, Ly Rany, was burned and remains
                    hospitalized in critical condition, the report said.
                    The pigs ran into the kitchen to look for food after the couple
                    forgot to lock them in their pen at the end of the day, the report
                    said. They knocked over a container holding about 20 liters (5.3
                    gallons) of gasoline, which splashed onto the stove where Ly Rany
                    was cooking and started "a raging fire," the newspaper said.
                    Phan Sophal ran from his bed after catching fire and plunged
                    into a nearby pond to extinguish the flames, according to the
                    report.
                    The couple have three children who were not home at the time of
                    the fire.

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
                    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
                    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
                    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

• WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) - A New Zealand man went bungee
                      jumping Sunday - without the rope, police said.
                      The 30-year-old man, whose name was not released, leapt off a
                      platform into the Waikato River on New Zealand's central North
                      Island after staff at the bungee had refused to let him jump, said
                      Constable Tracey Haggart of Taupo police.
                      He then barged past the staff and dived 47 meters (154 feet)
                      into the river.
                      The impact knocked him unconscious and he was rescued by the
                      bungee jump staff before being flown to nearby Taupo hospital,
                      Haggart said in a statement. His condition was not immediately
                      available.
                      Taupo is a tourist town 375 kilometers (233 miles) north of the
                      capital, Wellington.
                      Haggart said police had no plans to charge the man, who had
                      consumed "a small amount of alcohol."

Comment

• FREETOWN, Sierra Leone (AP) - Thousands of fans rioted at Sierra
                        Leone's national stadium Saturday when authorities substituted two
                        local dwarf comedians for a widely anticipated out-of-town midget
                        duo. Police arrested 30 people, amid damage and dozens of injuries.
                        Daylong radio ads had whipped up excitement and ticket sales for
                        Friday night's scheduled performance by the two Nigerian
                        entertainers, Aki and Paw Paw.
                        The Nigerian performers failed to show by early morning.
                        Organizers put the two local dwarf comedians on the stage instead.
                        Fans rioted, throwing projectiles and smashing windows, light
                        fixtures and hundreds of chairs.
                        Witnesses said police fired tear gas. Authorities said 30 people
                        were arrested, including eight who allegedly had tried to steal the
                        stadium's seats.
                        Dozens of show-goers were reported injured in the melee.
                        Saturday, blood splattered parts of the stadium.
                        Acting President Solomon Berewa, filling in while President
                        Ahmed Tejan Kabbah is at a Commonwealth summit in Nigeria, toured
                        the riot site Saturday and condemned the violence.
                        Sierra Leone's National Stadium was built as a gift from China.
                        The stadium was under repairs for damage from the West African
                        nation's devastating 10-year rebellion, ended in January 2002.

Comment

• DECEMBER 8, 2003 --- Some firefighters got caught in a bit of trouble when they responded to a water main break in the Bronx Sunday night. A fire truck got stuck in a sinkhole on Tiffany Street. The hole was the result of a 12-inch water main break. A crane and tow truck were used to finally get the truck out late Monday morning. The truck was slightly damaged, but none of the firefighters on board were hurt.
                          NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                          FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• December 9, 2003 -- Back in September, when California held a beach-cleanup campaign, 40,000 volunteers were issued special trash bags touted as environmentally friendly because they were made of biodegradable cornstarch. Officials believed the added expense - 10 times the cost of normal plastic trash bags - was justified. But this week, they learned they had been scammed - the bags were plain old environmentally unfriendly plastic.

They want a refund.
                            NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                            FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• They want a refund.
                              So would I. Actually I think I would have checked these things out a little bit before spending 10 times as much on them! [email protected]! It is funny though.
                              Shawn M. Cecula
                              Firefighter
                              IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

• yeah... but the beach got cleaned (as well as their wallets!)
                                ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                                Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X