Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Weird But True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Md. College Crowns Lesbian Homecoming King The Associated Press Tuesday, March 7, 2006; 7:19 AM

FREDERICK, Md. -- Hood College is reviewing its homecoming rules after a lesbian was crowned king, a college official said.

Jennifer Jones, the 21-year-old senior who beat out three men for the honor, said the crowning was a positive step for the private liberal arts college.

"It is cool that Hood allows people to be themselves," Jones told The Frederick News-Post. "If people didn't want me to be king, they wouldn't have nominated me and voted for me."

Jones, of Newark, Del., received 64 of 169 votes cast for king last month.

More than two weeks after Jones was crowned, criticism and praise were still rippling through the 2,100-student campus in western Maryland.

"She is not a man," said Singleton Newman, a 22-year-old senior who was nominated for queen. "It is a gender issue, and she is a woman."

Santo Provenzano, 21, who competed for king, said Jones' selection made the event seem like a joke. "It discourages guys from wanting to take part in the future," he said.

Donald Miller, Hood's student activities director, said all homecoming events will be reviewed and possibly changed. "We will look at what students want Hood's homecoming to be," he said.

It was only the second annual homecoming for the school. Men started attending Hood in 1971 but the school didn't become fully coeducational until 2003 when men were permitted to live on campus for the first time.

Jones tried to run for homecoming prince last year, but a student committee wouldn't let her on the ballot even though she had gathered the required number of signatures on nominating petitions.

Miller said a rule change this year abolished the petitions and required that candidates be nominated by student ballots.

On the Net: Hood College: http://www.hood.edu
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• March 8, 2006 -- An Arizona deputy fire chief was looking a little sheepish over the weekend after he was caught in a compromising position - with his neighbor's lamb. "You caught me Alan, I tried to f- - - your sheep," barnyard buggery suspect Leroy Johnson allegedly exclaimed after his neighbor Alan Goats - yes, Goats - spotted him with his pants unzipped in a pile of hay beside the animal. The Mesa firefighter, who allegedly smelled of booze, was charged with trespassing.
      ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
      NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
      CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
      LT. John Ginley Engine 40
      FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
      FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
      FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
      FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
      FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
      FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
      FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
      FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
      FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
      "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
      *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Comment

• Maids Use Mop, Plunger In Brawl Over Toilet Paper

POSTED: 7:18 am EST March 9, 2006

CHARLESTON, S.C. -- It was plunger versus mop in a fight between motel maids.

Police in North Charleston, S.C., reported that a couple of maids got into it over toilet paper.

According to investigators, each accused the other of taking the TP from their respective cleaning carts.

Deloris Smith is charged with assault and battery for hitting the other maid with a mop. But Smith said she was defending herself from a plunger.

The other woman was taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press.
        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

• Bike Band Sticker Causes Bomb Scare By The Associated Press, AP Photo OHATP101

Friday, March 3, 2006 (03-03) 11:27 PST Athens, Ohio (AP) --

Authorities shut down four buildings at Ohio University after a police officer noticed a sticker that said "this bike is a pipe bomb" before finding out the message was the name of a punk rock band, a university spokesman said.

Police noticed the sticker on a bicycle early Thursday, then blocked streets around a university-owned restaurant where it was found, spokesman Jack Jeffery said. A bomb squad came from Columbus, about 65 miles away.

The bomb squad pried apart the bike with a hydraulic device normally used to rescue accident victims trapped in cars, acting Athens Fire Chief Ken Gilbraith said. Once they had it open, they saw there was no bomb.

The buildings were reopened after about two hours.

Dean of Students Terry Hogan asked that fans of the Pensacola, Fla., band be more careful when showing support in the future.

Patrick K. Hanlin, 28, was charged by university police Thursday after he came forward as the bike's owner, Jeffery said. The charge carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail.

There was no answer at a phone number for Hanlin in Athens.

An e-mail message seeking comment was sent to Plan-It-X Records, the band's record label. No phone number was available.

Comment

• Talk About Hard Up

Ananova:

Erection keeps burglar out of jail

A German burglar has escaped a prison sentence - because he suffers from a permanent erection.

Maurice Baumann, 32, was sentenced to a year's jail for burgling homes in the British army garrison town of Bielefeld.

But he escaped prison after entering hospital as an "emergency case" for his unrelenting priapism.

After a week's treatment, doctors admitted they were only able to get his manhood down to "half-mast".

Baumann told a court in Bielefeld: "I woke up one morning with a hard-on. I didn't think anything of it - that happens to men a lot. But mine never went down."

A medical report revealed that doctors stuck needles in his manhood for 90 minutes in an attempt to reduce its size. But five minutes later it was erect again.

They also injected medication into it but that didn't help either.

A court ruled that he could stay out of jail while his problem persisted but the chief prosecutor of Bielefeld is not happy.

Harald Krahmoeller said: "Only patients with acute medical problems can stay out of jail and I don't regard him as an acute case. I hope to have him behind bars within two weeks."
            "Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself."

Comment

• March 11, 2006 -- Pop got the weasel. Thomas Eltringham, of Hopedale, Ohio, was a little suspicious when a lost motorist pulled up in front of his house in a gold 2001 Buick LeSabre to ask for directions. He thought the car looked just like his daughter's. So he called her, found out he was right and notified police, who nabbed the thief 25 miles away.
              NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
              FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• March 13, 2006 --A German man who had to be hospitalized after his penis was nearly bitten off by his brother's Jack Russell terrier is suing his sibling's girlfriend for substantial damages. Daniel Dietmaier says the girlfriend told the dog to "attack" as a joke, causing him to nearly lose his appendage. Worse than that, says Dietmaier, is that the girlfriend didn't even help him while he lay on the floor in agony - because she was laughing too hard.
                NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• Bay Area Prepares To Mark Earthquake Anniversary

POSTED: 3:51 pm EST March 12, 2006

SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- Communities straddling California's San Andreas Fault are gearing up for events marking the centennial of the 1906 earthquake that demolished most of San Francisco.

Santa Rosa is highlighting its place as having the highest quake-related death toll per capita of any American city before or since.

A band will play dirges as 119 volunteers in vintage clothing walk by candlelight behind a horse-drawn hearse. They represent those killed from the village of 7,500 when the Great Quake hit on April 18, 1906, at 5:13 a.m.

In all, about 700 people died.

San Francisco events run from the solemn to the silly. The decades-old tradition of laying a wreath at 5:13 a.m. will continue.

The quake leveled 28,000 buildings and left 225,000 out of 400,000 San Franciscans homeless.

But one artist plans to use Jell-O to produce a sculpture of a shaking neighborhood.

Comment

• I wonder if the above "artist" is the already famous Elizabeth Hickock

*Edited to add the movie
                    Last edited by xolotl; 03-13-2006, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Those are pretty kuul

Comment

• Originally posted by xolotl
                        I wonder if the above "artist" is the already famous Elizabeth Hickock

That pic looks like the opening shot of the tv show "Full House"!
                        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

• Candidate Kinky Pops Beer In Campaign Parade

POSTED: 12:12 pm EST March 13, 2006
                          UPDATED: 12:19 pm EST March 13, 2006

DALLAS -- Texas gubernatorial hopeful -- and novelist and musician -- Kinky Friedman said there was an open beer in his hand as he rode in a parade car in Dallas with his trademark black hat and burning cigar.

Friedman appeared to violate the state's open container law by drinking from a can of Guinness while seated in a convertible during a St. Patrick's Day parade. Texas law prohibits opened alcoholic beverages in the passenger area of a motor vehicle.

Dallas police Lt. Rick Watson said Friedman can't be cited after the fact because it wasn't witnessed at the time by an officer. The Class C misdemeanor carries a maximum fine of $500.

Friedman was serving as grand marshal in the parade while volunteer supporters helped gather signatures to get him on the November ballot.

Well at least it was a Guinness and not some schlop beer

Comment

• As the guys in the commercial would say "BRILLIANT!!!!"

http://www.guinness.com/us_en/ads/blackbook_hi.htm
                            Last edited by NYSmokey; 03-14-2006, 08:18 PM.
                            Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

• March 15, 2006 -- A man living at a nudist park in Fort Pierce, Fla., wishes he hadn't slipped on a pair of nylon shorts before starting the generator in a motor home. The generator backfired - spraying him with starter fluid, setting him ablaze - and melding his shorts to his rear end. "I would have been better off wearing nothing," he said after being treated for second-degree burns.
                              NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                              FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• Explain that scar to the kids on the beach!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X