Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Weird But True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 8, 2006 -- A man was busted for stealing diamond earrings from a fund-raiser after he tried to have them appraised at the Fargo, N.D., jewelry store that donated them. "It was goofy," store owner Brad Wimmer said. He recognized the $4,600 baubles, told the man to come back the next day, and had cops come by to make the bust
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Comment

• Isn't That A B!TCH

FORT SUMNER, New Mexico -- A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back into the man's house, catching it on fire.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran just beneath a window of the house. The flames spread up the window and throughout the house.

All contents of the home were destroyed, he said. No injuries were reported.

Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres (21,200 hectares) and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.

"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy said, "but nothing as unique as this one."

Comment

• January 9, 2006 -- A bank robber was nailed after the teller who gave him a duffel bag stuffed with cash also tossed in a global positioning satellite device. The device used satellite signals to relay the location of the getaway minivan of Thomas Fricks, 38, in Spokane, Wash. "You guys are good!" a stunned Fricks told cops as they slapped the cuffs on him.
        NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
        FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• Firies release man stuck in washing machine

Townsville, Queensland, Australia 10 January 2006:

WEDGED in a washing machine with his knees pressed tight to his chest, Robin Toom was hot.

And the baker's assistant was learning that his sister's 8kg top-loader was not such a great hiding place after all.

"I just hopped in there playing hide and go-seek with the kids," Mr Toom, 30, said yesterday from Townsville, where he and his sister live.

"I got in there and couldn't even get the lid down and the kids came in and said, 'ha ha, we found you'."

But embarrassment soon turned to exasperation and perspiration on Sunday afternoon.

Mr Toom's wife, sister, brother-in-law and the kids were soon trying to help rescue him from the machine, which didn't have an agitator.

They pushed and pulled. They added lubricant. Nothing worked.

"I couldn't stop sweating in there, they had to bring in a fan and put it on me. I was wedged in there."

After about 20 minutes, they called Triple-0.

"I was waiting for the (fire brigade) to come and bring the jaws of life and cut this thing open," he said.

Station officer Dave Dillon was on duty when the call came that "a man was stuck in a washing machine".

"I've never had an adult stuck in a washing machine in my life," Mr Dillon said.

"We thought we'd get there and he'd have his hand stuck."

However they arrived and found that the message had been correctly relayed.

Fire officers threaded a rescue device made of seat-belt-like material under Mr Toom's knees and lifted.

"When we lifted him, we lifted the whole washing machine up," Mr Dillon said.

Dismantling the machine was a last option because Mr Toom would have still been in the tub, which would then have to be cut open.

But Mr Dillon sparked the escape when he reached into the machine.

"He reached down to my right ankle and just twisted it, lifted it up, gave it a jolt and that freed me, it pretty much freed both legs," Mr Toom said.

Mr Toom then set out to change the rules of hide and seek for his children.

Comment

• I would just like to say again that i am not a Queenslander, i am a New South Welshman.
            "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

• January 10, 2006 -- Love me tender, or I'm gone! That was the threat Jim Curtin's girlfriend made, when she told him either his Elvis Presley memorabilia goes or she does. Her warning got Curtin all shook up, and he auctioned off the collection in Beverly Hills. Among the Elvis goodies that went were three of The King's concert suits, including one that fetched $125,000.

In all, Curtin netted about $2 million from the sale.
              NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
              FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• I can't find the story on it, and I have to leave for work so I can't look any more right now.

Heard on the radio just now about a lady who "paints" with her breasts and is selling the paintings for about $70 each!
                September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary
                  ...Heard on the radio just now about a lady who "paints" with her breasts and is selling the paintings for about $70 each!
                  well keep us ABREAST of that story...
                  NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                  FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• Originally posted by E40FDNYL35
                    well keep us ABREAST of that story...
                    Funny guy

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Artist paints with her breasts

An Australian woman has become famous for her ability to paint with her breasts. Di Peel’s first canvas sold for £5, her second for £10 and she’s now busy with an order for 10 at £40 each.

The mother of two, from Tasmania, who is happy to describe herself as a big woman, works at the kitchen table rather than at an easel, reports the Mercury newspaper. She said: “I either apply the paint to my breasts and lean on to the canvas or apply the paint to the canvas and then lean into it to spread the paint. “I sign every picture with my nipple.”

Di says she has to take a shower every time she changes colours and uses canvases because drawing paper tends to slide around the table. Commenting on her work, she added: “They are more like abstract flowers. But my latest piece, people say, looks like the Earth from space. My son named it Earthquake, because he thinks it looks like an earthquake.” ananova

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...8-1-2006_pg9_3

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• Sunday, January 08, 2006

Shop assistant found naked with mannequin

A Turkish shop assistant was arrested after he was found lying naked with a mannequin in a store window.

The 30-year-old man was discovered by colleagues opening up the department store in Antalya for the day. They called police after noticing bite marks on the mannequin. Two other mannequins that showed signs of abuse were also taken in as evidence. The shop assistant allegedly hid in the toilets while the store was being locked up for the night. The man has been charged with damaging property. ananova

Sheri
                      Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• January 11, 2006 -- This will make your skin crawl.
                        The libraries of universities like Harvard and Brown have collections of centuries-old books with bindings made of human skin. Experts say it was common for bookbinders to use the skin of unwanted human cadavers in the 16th century. While human leather is repulsive in today's society, libraries can have the books if they're used respectfully for research, said ethicist Paul Wolpe of the University of Pennsylvania, adding: "If you . . . said these are books from Nazi Germany, I would have a very different response."
                        NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                        FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• I swear you make these stories up!

I guess they just "wrote around" moles & freckles?

Comment

• Only In California Eh? Maybe Not....

Valet Girls To Park Cars In Bikinis, Lingerie. Company Going Nationwide

POSTED: 9:12 am EST January 12, 2006

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- The Valet Girls will be parking cars in bikinis or lingerie.

California Girls Valet Parking has acquired Malibu-based Valet Girls and plans to go nationwide.

Clients can request a variety of uniforms, from the skimpy to cute. The company said most of its Valet Girls are models, actresses or dancers earning some extra money.

Valet Girl Dana Cole, an aspiring actress, said her favorite costume is the schoolgirl outfit, with a plaid miniskirt and sneakers. She said it's sexy and easy to run around in.

Cole said tips range from a couple of bucks to $100. She said she's been tipped twice with a C-note.

The girls have parked vehicles at parties for celebrities, including George Burns, Dennis Hopper, Frank Zappa, Sen. Hillary Clinton, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bob Hope, according to TheAutoChannel.com.

Company officials said it is their goal to be operating in 40 cities by 2010.
                            Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc
                            If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• Another one for SNOPES, anyone?

Cat Saves Family From Fire, Survives Collapsed Roof

UPDATED: 12:46 pm EST January 11, 2006

BETHEL ACRES, Okla. -- Perhaps a cat that saved her family from a house fire on Monday night was a hero, Oklahoma City television station KOCO reported.

Either way, a family of three from Bethel Acres is glad their cat, Sonic, wandered upstairs when she did.

"I thought she was in heat, making that weird noise that she makes," said Kelly Berry, an author who not only lost her home but also several manuscripts.

Sonic ran upstairs, alerted Kelly, John and Janelle Berry and immediately darted downstairs, where a fire had started. Investigators said the fire likely emanated from an electrical short in the home.

However, trouble lay ahead for the heroic feline.

"We hear the roof cracking and caving in," Berry said.

Eventually, that roof collapsed, right on top of the cat. However, after a couple of hours, firefighters were able to rescue cat from the rubble.

"It just changed my mood completely once I knew she was alive," Berry said.
                              Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc.
                              If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• January 12, 2006 -- It was a case of blue's clues.
                                A young man held up a motel in Alaska — disguised as a Smurf. Daniel Peter Clark, 19, was nabbed after he forgot to thoroughly clean his face and Anchorage police spotted him with blue stains on his neck, ears and forehead. "It was a clue. Blue ink on his fingers also was a tip-off," said Lt. Paul Honeman.
                                NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                                FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40