Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Weird But True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well thank you

December 13, 2005 -- Have yourself a morbid little Christmas with some unusual gifts from the Clark County Coroner's Office in Las Vegas — which has just opened its own gift shop. There's a coffee mug with the words "Playing for Keeps," a $10 fake jawbone that holds business cards and a T-shirt that reads "Coroner . . . Cashed Out in Las Vegas." "That's about as risqué as we go," said Assistant Coroner John Fudenberg. "We certainly don't want to make a mockery of death."
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Comment

• December 14, 2005 -- For several hours Firehouse Forums went down...But Weird But True was still there

Shayna Richardson was making her first solo skydiving jump when, you guessed it, she had trouble with her parachutes. "I said, 'I'm going to die,' " recalled Richardson, 21, of Joplin, Mo., who fell to earth at 50 mph and hit the ground face-first. Miraculously, she survived — but broke her pelvis and her leg, lost six teeth and now has 15 steel plates. Doctors also discovered she was pregnant. Four surgeries and two months later, she and her three-month fetus are doing fine.
      NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
      FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• Originally posted by E40FDNYL35
        December 14, 2005 -- For several hours Firehouse Forums went down...But Weird But True was still there

Shayna Richardson was making her first solo skydiving jump when, you guessed it, she had trouble with her parachutes. "I said, 'I'm going to die,' " recalled Richardson, 21, of Joplin, Mo., who fell to earth at 50 mph and hit the ground face-first. Miraculously, she survived — but broke her pelvis and her leg, lost six teeth and now has 15 steel plates. Doctors also discovered she was pregnant. Four surgeries and two months later, she and her three-month fetus are doing fine.
        Someone was watching out for them!

Comment

• December 14, 2005 -- For several hours Firehouse Forums went down...But Weird But True was still there
          Weird...but true...
          "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

• Deer Crashes Into Smoothie Cafe Animal Taken To Nearby Sanctuary

POSTED: 2:47 pm EST December 14, 2005 UPDATED: 2:59 pm EST December 14, 2005

WELLINGTON, Fla. -- Customers at a Florida cafe got more than the daily special on Tuesday when a deer crashed through a window.

Employees at the Tropical Smoothie Cafe in Palm Beach County figured the deer was not looking for a smoothie.

None of the six people in the store at the time was injured, but the deer lost an antler.

Deputies and wildlife officials managed to get him into a truck, then took him to a nearby sanctuary to recover.

Wildlife officials said they believe the young buck lived in some nearby woods and just got lost. The deer will be released back into the wild after his injuries have healed.

First it was those Dam Beavers, and now Deer........
            If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• December 15, 2005 -- Ho, ho . . . Oh, no!
              A department store Santa Claus on his way home was beaten up by stressed-out Christmas shoppers. Stefan Stettler, of Wiesbaden, Germany, was still in costume when he asked two men, on edge after a full day's shopping, "Tell Santa what [you] want for Christmas." The pair grabbed Stettler's sack and beat him over the head with it, breaking his fingers as he tried to protect himself.
              NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
              FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• [Drunk, Half-Naked Finn Sets Norway Record

Friday, December 16, 2005 (12-16) 08:12 PST OSLO, Norway (AP) --

A Finnish citizen arrested on a public bus while drunk and nearly naked has set an apparent record for unpaid fines in Norway, with an estimated 99 of them, police said Friday.

The man, whose name was not released, is known by police for his tendency to discard pieces of clothing as his level of intoxication increases, the Bergens Tidende newspaper reported.

"He has gotten up to 99 fines," police attorney Rudolf Christophersen told the newspaper. "In the (Bergen area's) Hordaland Police District alone he has 95,000 kroner (euro12,200; US$14,260) worth of fines. That must be a record."

The man, whom police said offered up five different identities, has repeatedly been expelled from Norway, but keeps returning.

In the latest incident, on Wednesday, police received a telephone call from the bus driver in Bergen, the main city on Norway's west coast, who said: "There is a naked, drunk, difficult Finn causing trouble on board."

Police found the man dressed only his underpants, and extremely drunk, and are seeking to have him jailed on charges that include indecent exposure, vagrancy, public drunkenness and failing to pay his outstanding fines.

Neither Christophersen nor Bergen police spokesman Trygve Hillestad could immediately be reached for comment.
                If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

• Some Peoples Children (or Maybe Their Parents?)

2005 Offers Fresh Tales of the Bizarre
                  By PATRICK CASEY, Associated Press Writer

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Bondage File Read more weird news in the Bondage File.

(12-15) 13:39 PST NEW YORK, (AP) --

The Easter Bunny was hopping mad but kept his cool after being socked by a boy, a Wal-Mart greeter was sacked for showing a lot more than customers cared to see and a prep football coach was reprimanded for some eccentric licking.

2005 offered fresh tales of bizarre lust, quirky cuisine, multiple marriages and other foibles of human existence.

SAY WHAT TO ME, DUDE?

Like most everybody, LaChania Govan of Chicago got bounced around when she called her cable company to complain. She made dozens of calls and was even transferred to a person who spoke Spanish — a language she doesn't understand. But when she got her August bill from Comcast she had no trouble understanding she'd made somebody mad. It was addressed to "Bitch Dog.""I was like you got to be freaking kidding me," said Govan, 25, of her reaction when she saw the bill. "I was so mad I couldn't even cuss." Two employees were fired after company officials went through records and identified them as being involved in the incident.

JUST WHAT WAS IN THAT RECIPE?

How about the Idaho high school boy who fed a batch of semen-frosted brownies to a fellow student and his friends? It seems the teenager was more than a bit ticked when his classmate put peanut butter in his cheese sandwich days before. As a police report said, the prankster, who has since agreed to admit to three counts of disturbing the peace, "hated peanut butter and it made him more mad than he could explain."

GAVE A LICKING AND KEPT ON TICKING

An Oregon education board reprimanded a Central Linn High School football coach for licking the wounds of several student athletes. Coach Scott Reed admitted licking blood from the knee of one student and the arm of another. It was not clear why he did it. Linn County Sheriff Dave Burright called the licking "bizarre" but not criminal because contact wasn't forced. Three students said it appeared the coach was "just joking around."

SO EASY. EVEN A CHILD CAN DO IT

An Anderson County, S.C., sheriff's deputy was temporarily sidelined by his boss after the officer's pistol went off during a gun safety class at a middle school. It seems the weapon discharged when a student pulled the trigger as the deputy was showing the kids how hard it was to take a gun from an officer's holster. The bullet fired into the floor, and debris cut two students.

ONE WIFE AT A TIME

Another South Carolina deputy had a lapse of judgment, too, but his was of the matrimonial variety. Sumter County sheriff's deputy Jay Follin was fired for being married to two women at the same time. Follin, 27, was separated from his first wife when he married his second, according to a department investigation. His second wife, the investigation revealed, was already married to another man at the time. Everything became known when the husband of Follin's second wife filed a complaint with the sheriff's department. The couple was separated at the time.

PSST! TRADE YA SOME GOAT FOR A ROCK

Four Connellsville, Pa., men ended up behind bars after they allegedly stole and butchered a goat so they could trade it for crack cocaine. Two of the men, police said, stole and killed the 4-year-old pygmy goat and then took it to another residence where two more men skinned and butchered the animal.

40 GOATS FOR CHELSEA CLINTON. DO I HEAR 50?

Kenyan councilman Godwin Kipkemoi Chepkurgor says he offered Bill Clinton 40 goats and 20 cows for his daughter's hand in marriage five years ago. He's still awaiting an answer.

HEY! WHATCHA LOOKING AT?

A Pittston, Maine, man arrested after he was found peering at a teenage girl from the business end of a New Hampshire rest-stop privy has pleaded no contest to criminal trespass. Gary J. Moody was given a 30-day sentence that will be suspended if he maintains good behavior for two years. The judge cited Moody's public humiliation from the ensuing publicity in not jailing him.

HOOD? WHAT HOOD? WE DON'T SEE NOTHING

Two Cedar Rapids, Iowa, men landed in jail after they continued driving on Interstate 380 when the hood of their car popped open and covered their windshield. Instead of stopping to fix the problem, the men stuck their heads out the windows so they could see and kept going. Two Linn County deputies took note and pulled them over.

ANOTHER STORY ABOUT THE DANGERS OF SMOKING

A man riding in a car on Arkansas 234 near the Oklahoma border didn't go to jail following a long night of drinking. But he did go to a hospital after jumping from the vehicle in an effort to retrieve his lit cigarette. Jeff Foran was recovering after leaping from the car and landing hard on the roadway in a failed bid to grab the butt, state police said. "If anything could make him stop smoking, this should be it," said Trooper Jamie Graver.

MAMA MIA! ALL SHE WANTED WAS SOME PIZZA

An 86-year-old Charlotte, N.C., woman spent two nights in the city lockup after police said she called 911 dispatchers 20 times in a little more than 30 minutes to complain about service at a pizza parlor. Dorothy Densmore told dispatchers the shop refused to deliver a pie to her apartment. Densmore wanted the workers arrested. Instead, police arrested her.

NEVER WHEN MARRIED

Authorities in Wisconsin pinched a 63-year-old man who allegedly had a fondness for calves.

Harold G. Hart, of Neillsville, reportedly told police he stopped at a Greenwood farm "at least 50 times" to have sex with calves there. The man, however, told police he never had sex with animals while maintaining a relationship with a girlfriend or his wife.

HONEY, I'M HOT FOR YOU

A 38-year-old Oregon man wearing a gasoline-soaked cape set himself on fire before getting down on one knee and asking his longtime girlfriend to marry him. About 100 people gathered to watch Todd Grannis perform the flaming stunt for Malissa Kusiek, who said "yes."

SHOOT. HE WAS JUST TRYING TO BE FRIENDLY

In Muscatine, Iowa, Dean L. Wooten was fired for greeting Wal-Mart customers with a computer-generated photo in which he appeared to be naked — except for a carefully placed Wal-Mart bag. Wooten reportedly told customers the store was cutting costs and the bag was the company's new uniform. A supervisor told him to stop showing the photo after customers complained. He was canned when he displayed the photo again.

AIN'T FUNNY TO THIS BUNNY

The Easter Bunny wasn't laughing this year. Bryan Johnson, who portrayed the holiday rabbit at a mall in Bay City, Mich., says he was pummeled in an unprovoked attack by a 12-year-old boy.

"He just started hitting," Johnson said. Johnson suffered a bloody nose but kept his cool because he figured it was inappropriate for the Easter Bunny to battle back.

Comment

• December 16, 2005 -- A Massachusetts BROTHER saved a dog's life by giving her mouth-to-snout resuscitation. Pixie, a 12-year-old mixed-breed terrier wasn't breathing when she was pulled from a burning home by Salem firefighter Richard LeBlanc. He gave Pixie the kiss of life and revived her.

Good Job Rich...
                    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• December 17, 2005 -- New Hampshire jeweler David Bellman gave promotional packets to the first 1,000 women arriving at a recent Manchester Monarchs hockey game — 999 of them containing fake diamonds and one containing a $2,500 half-carat sparkler. He was stunned when no one reported finding it. Turns out it had ended up in Lauri Proulx's garbage because she figured it wasn't genuine. She has her gem of a son to thank for fishing it out of the trash after learning the winning diamond hadn't surfaced.
                      NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                      FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• December 18, 2005 -- 7 days till Christmas.
                        So you think people who say "Happy Holidays" or "Season's Greetings" are wrecking Christmas? Well, an Australian green group insists Christmas hurts the environment. "If your bank account is straining under the pressure of Christmas shopping, spare a thought for our environment. It's paying for our Christmas presents with water, land, air and resources," said Donald Henry, executive director of the Australian Conservation Foundation.
                        NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                        FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• "If your bank account is straining under the pressure of Christmas shopping, spare a thought for our environment. It's paying for our Christmas presents with water, land, air and resources," said Donald Henry, executive director of the Australian Conservation Foundation.
                          These idiots are Preservationists, not conservationists.
                          "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Comment

• December 19, 2005 -- A professor plans to create a 3-acre "body farm" in rural Iowa, where scientists can study how quickly human corpses decay under different climates. "Hopefully, I'll have those ranges of ecological habitat to be able to explore different rates of decomposition," said Tyler O'Brien, an anthropology professor at the University of Northern Iowa.
                            There's one drawback. "During the peak of the summer, there could potentially be certain smells that might waft across the land," O'Brien said.
                            NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                            FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• Originally posted by E40FDNYL35
                              December 19, 2005 -- A professor plans to create a 3-acre "body farm" in rural Iowa, where scientists can study how quickly human corpses decay under different climates. "Hopefully, I'll have those ranges of ecological habitat to be able to explore different rates of decomposition," said Tyler O'Brien, an anthropology professor at the University of Northern Iowa.
                              There's one drawback. "During the peak of the summer, there could potentially be certain smells that might waft across the land," O'Brien said.

ewwwwwwwwwww *gag*

and

whyyyyyy?????
                              September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                              IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                              Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• WEIRD BUT TRUE ....

RAY came to the party last night
                                September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                                IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                                Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader