Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Weird But True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 18, 2005 -- The mayor of Williamsport, Pa., has inspired one of the city's hottest T-shirts with a controversial quip that recent shootings there shouldn't make "good people" fear violence. "Don't Shoot! I'm one of the Good People of Williamsport," say the shirts, which are flying off shelves at $10 each. Last month, Mayor Mary Wolf said, "If you're a good person and you're not doing drugs, walk with confidence."
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Comment

• November 19, 2005 -- A woman in Thibodaux, La., was enraged when she was served cold onion rings at a restaurant and the waiter wouldn't replace them. So she called 911. The cops responded — and arrested her.

The charge: misuse of the 911 system. Good!!!
      NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
      FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• November 20, 2005 -- A pit bull named Satchel started a North Dakota house fire after he jumped on the stove and turned on a burner with his paw. The burner ignited something plastic on the stovetop and started a blaze that caused $2,000 in damage.
        NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
        FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• An old, long since retired Captain told the story of a house fire he went to...

A lady was brushing and flea spraying her cat in her living room, near the fireplace. A log popped and a flying brand shot out at the cat as it was being sprayed with the aerosol flea killer. You guessed it! FWOOF! Flash fire and a fully involved kitty haulin' *** around the house, trying to get away from the heat!

It first ran under the couch, setting it on fire. Then to the drapes...No relief there either! Finally it ran into the bedroom and under the bed before all of its accelerant laden fur was consumed!

When the first in engine arrived, the house was well involved and the lady was sitting in the yard holding her pink hairless cat in her arms!

The Captain used to say it was the hottest ***** he'd ever seen!

The cat survived the ordeal.

Kevin
          Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
          IAFF Local 2339
          K of C 4th Degree
          "LEATHER FOREVER"
          Member I.A.C.O.J.
          http://www.tfdfire.com/
          "Fir na tine"

Comment

• November 21, 2005 -- Harry Carpenter is 83 and needs oxygen for a lung ailment, but that didn't stop him and Jackie, his wife of 57 years, from foiling a pair of knife-wielding intruders. When the thugs barged into their Savannah, Ga., home as the were having dinner, Jackie pretended to faint, allowing Harry to sneak into the laundry room and grab a rifle he uses to shoot squirrels. He marched back in like Rambo and aimed it at one of the crooks. Both burglars fled empty-handed.
            NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
            FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• Ok.. A Little More Red Neck Bashing Lol

"Best Comeback Line Ever."

Only in Alberta... This was in the Calgary Sun ... the title of the article was "Best Comeback Line Ever."

In summary:

The police arrested Ward Branham, a 22-year-old white male, resident of Lethbridge, Alberta, in a pumpkin patch at 11:38 p.m. on Friday.

Ward will be charged with lewd and lascivious behaviour, public indecency, and public intoxication at the Calgary courthouse on Monday.

The suspect explained that as he was passing a pumpkin patch he decided to stop. "You know, a pumpkin is soft and squishy inside, and there was no one around there for miles. At least I thought there wasn't," he stated in a phone interview.

Ward went on to say that he pulled over to the side of the road, picked out a pumpkin that he felt was appropriate to his purposes, cut a hole in it, and proceeded to satisfy his alleged "need."

"I guess I was just really into it, you know?" he commented with evident embarrassment.

In the process, Ward apparently failed to notice a police car approaching and was unaware of his audience until officer Brin Taylor approached him.

"It was an unusual situation, that's for sure," said officer Taylor. "I walked up to (Ward) and he's....just working away at this pumpkin." Taylor went on to describe what happened when SHE approached Ward. "I just went up and said, "Excuse me sir, but do you realize that you are screwing a pumpkin?"

He froze and was clearly very surprised that I was there,and then looked me straight in the face and said...

"A pumpkin? Damn...is it midnight already?"
              Only an Albertan would think of an answer like that.
              If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• LMAO. That's great. I can't believe the officer would have actually laid charges after that
                Dave

Comment

• November 22, 2005 -- A 60-year-old boozer drank too much, wet his bed, then set fire to his apartment while trying to dry out his mattress, cops say. "He was too drunk to go to the toilet," said a police spokesman in Muelheim, Germany. "The next morning, he put a hairdryer on the bed to dry it and left the apartment." When the old sot returned, his home was in flames.
                  NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                  FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• Naked Man Dies In Jump From Downtown Office

By Petula Dvorak Washington Post Staff Writer Wednesday, November 23, 2005; Page B01

A naked man darted from a sport-utility vehicle into a downtown Washington office building at lunchtime yesterday and then jumped to his death from the eighth floor, officials said.

The man double-parked in the 1000 block of 15th Street NW about noon, bolted from his still-running gray Jeep Cherokee, dashed past a crowd on the street and ran into the lobby of an office building, witnesses said.

Police were still trying to identify the man yesterday and to determine why he jumped. Witnesses also were trying to sort out what happened. The man had no apparent connection to the building, according to people who work there.

"He didn't even have shoes on," said James Crouch, who was working as a temporary security guard at the building. Sitting behind the security desk, Crouch first saw the man from the waist up and thought "maybe he was a rather strange jogger. But then I stood up and saw the rest of him."

The man told Crouch that he was "handicapped," asked him for 50 cents to make a phone call and then spoke incoherently, mumbling something about his father, Crouch said.

Then the man ran to an elevator. Minutes later, he emerged from a stairwell on the eighth floor. The fire alarm had been set off, presumably by the man, and the office doors on that floor were open as people began to file out, witnesses said.

The man pushed his way into one of the offices, where he said "excuse me" several times while charging toward a window, witnesses said. He smashed the glass and jumped through the window, falling onto a parapet between two buildings. Some downtown workers saw him fall.

D.C. firefighters and emergency medical service personnel arrived at the scene, and police quickly cordoned off the block.

Workers in the eighth-floor office said they had not seen the man before and did not believe that he had ties to the offices there. They didn't hear anything he said other than "excuse me," a witness said.

Before it became apparent what was taking place, the city's parking enforcers reacted to the abandoned SUV, which had leather seats, Maryland plates and no sign of clothing inside. They slapped a ticket on the windshield.

Go figure on the parking ticket eh?
                    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• November 24, 2005 -- You booze, you lose. A night of drinking left a man so disoriented that he hopped into a police car thinking it was a taxi, cops in Santa Cruz, Calif., say. The 20-year-old drunk was taken to jail on suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol and cocaine.
                      NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                      FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• The Cavemen

No not us but.....

November 25, 2005 -- Take my loincloth — please! Cavemen invented slapstick — predating the Stooges and Groucho by a mere 2 million years. Our ancestors laughed to relieve stress from continuous hunting and gathering, say Binghamton State University biologists David Sloan Wilson and Matthew Gervais. A study of cranial evidence found that Cavemen communicated through slapstick before language evolved.
                        NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                        FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• November 26, 2005 -- Baltimore is plagued by a different kind of grand theft. Teams of thieves dressed up as utility crews are stealing 250-pound light poles. About 130 of the 30-foot poles have been pilfered from sites all over the city, officials said. Police suspect the crooks are selling the aluminum poles for scrap metal, at about 30 to 35 cents a pound.
                          NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                          FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• November 27, 2005 -- New Yorkers might have a reputation for being callous, but we've got nothing on Gary, Ind. A gas-station clerk there told a woman who was held up at knife point to "use your cellphone" to call for help. Incredibly, the station has a policy whereby clerks do not make emergency calls, due to fear of retaliation from criminals.
                            NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                            FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

• Originally posted by E40FDNYL35
                              November 27, 2005 -- New Yorkers might have a reputation for being callous, but we've got nothing on Gary, Ind. A gas-station clerk there told a woman who was held up at knife point to "use your cellphone" to call for help. Incredibly, the station has a policy whereby clerks do not make emergency calls, due to fear of retaliation from criminals.

If that were my family member they denied, they would have a whole new fear to deal with...Retaliation of victims!

...Who opened the truckload of woopass?!

Kevin
                              Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                              IAFF Local 2339
                              K of C 4th Degree
                              "LEATHER FOREVER"
                              Member I.A.C.O.J.
                              http://www.tfdfire.com/
                              "Fir na tine"

Comment

• November 28, 2005 -- A California man attached his private parts to a truck and pulled it several yards. Martial-arts grandmaster Tu Jin-Sheng of Freemont said he employed Qi Gong, the ancient Chinese art of movement and breathing, to increase his energy for the pull. The stunt was filmed for a British TV show called "Penis Envy," to be aired next year.

Gee, sounds like a ratings grabber.
                                NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                                FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40